Maybe my litigious work makes me wonder but why.. | Syracusefan.com

Maybe my litigious work makes me wonder but why..

arbitragegls

All Conference
isn't 'Cuse part of the Pitt suit and/or file suit of its own? There is no legal reason to hold to verbal statement that 'Cuse will wait the full 27 months since the former commissioner indicated he was willing to let 'Cuse out early...for a price no doubt.
There is no reason that I can fathom for 'Cuse being politically correct at this time. The BE has done a few things that should push 'Cuse to file a suit (only other option is to ride coat tails of Pitt but that does not necessarily that 'Cuse gets same verdict. Here is what is bothering me the most about the BE:
1. Did not hold either TCU nor WVU to 27 months--set precedent
2. Have not allowed 'Cuse to share in revenues since decision to move to ACC including dollars from TCU and WVU leaving the conference that 'Cuse is still in--financial loss
3. Caused financial harm by taking away a home game that would have provided significant gate receipts--financial loss

I do not understand anyone concerned about the BE surviving and/or remaining viable. Kill it as it deserves to be killed. I enjoyed the BE particularly for Bball and football, but like a divorce its time to move on.
Help me understand why 'Cuse is standing pat?

Agree and said something similar on another post. It's been months since the commish said he'd work with us on an early exit. Given the length of time we gave it now exacerbated by his departure I think it's reasonable to say the BE has no intentions to do the right thing. We did the right thing and gave them time, they have their replacements, time to cut us loose. Let's force the issue, time to stop being nice.

isn't 'Cuse part of the Pitt suit and/or file suit of its own? There is no legal reason to hold to verbal statement that 'Cuse will wait the full 27 months since the former commissioner indicated he was willing to let 'Cuse out early...for a price no doubt.
There is no reason that I can fathom for 'Cuse being politically correct at this time. The BE has done a few things that should push 'Cuse to file a suit (only other option is to ride coat tails of Pitt but that does not necessarily that 'Cuse gets same verdict. Here is what is bothering me the most about the BE:
1. Did not hold either TCU nor WVU to 27 months--set precedent
2. Have not allowed 'Cuse to share in revenues since decision to move to ACC including dollars from TCU and WVU leaving the conference that 'Cuse is still in--financial loss
3. Caused financial harm by taking away a home game that would have provided significant gate receipts--financial loss

I do not understand anyone concerned about the BE surviving and/or remaining viable. Kill it as it deserves to be killed. I enjoyed the BE particularly for Bball and football, but like a divorce its time to move on.
Help me understand why 'Cuse is standing pat?

One reason for SU to file a suit in NY would be for jurisdictional purposes. If the Big East counter-sues Pitt and they will there will be a jurisdictional battle between PA and RI for this case to be heard. With Pitt filing first the Court may allow the PA jurisdiction to keep the case, and if we don't sue then the Big East could per-emptively sue SU and it would be in RI state court. I say we follow suit and sue unless Gross and the BE office have an unofficial agreement that we will be let out.

One reason for SU to file a suit in NY would be for jurisdictional purposes. If the Big East counter-sues Pitt and they will there will be a jurisdictional battle between PA and RI for this case to be heard. With Pitt filing first the Court may allow the PA jurisdiction to keep the case, and if we don't sue then the Big East could per-emptively sue SU and it would be in RI state court. I say we follow suit and sue unless Gross and the BE office have an unofficial agreement that we will be let out.
Good legal sense and good comments. I agree 100%. This is a case where a good/right means of initially handling can go wrong if 'Cuse does not take a similar tact to Pitt. There is a chance that Pitt gets out and 'Cuse doesnt get similar treatment. Either join the Pitt suit or bring a new one to the state of NY before the BE sues and it is in RI. Filing a suit does not mean it goes to court...but shows willingness to pursue an outcome wanted!

Anyone who thinks they're walking out of a 30 year marriage with a smile and a handshake is crazy. Breakups are almost always messy. This one will be too. Pitt obviously felt the need to force the action and I expect SU will also.

If Gross/SU don't sue they are making a very big mistake and it will come back to bite them.

This notion there is a wink-n-nod deal between the BE and SU/PITT and everything will go down better than the WV thing is foolish. It will be just as ugly as the WV thing if not worse.

another reason why SU needs to sue and bring this to court...
Marinatto's replacement, longtime sports executive Joe Bailey, said in a Wednesday conference call that negotiating with Pitt and SU wasn't really within the scope of his role as a transitional commissioner. He said a new commissioner won't likely be in place for at least three or four months.

The Big East will be dragging their feet, will have new leadership and if you think SU is getting out before that 27 month thing you are fooling yourself. Time for SU to force the hand just like Pitt did

another reason why SU needs to sue and bring this to court...
Marinatto's replacement, longtime sports executive Joe Bailey, said in a Wednesday conference call that negotiating with Pitt and SU wasn't really within the scope of his role as a transitional commissioner. He said a new commissioner won't likely be in place for at least three or four months.

The Big East will be dragging their feet, will have new leadership and if you think SU is getting out before that 27 month thing you are fooling yourself. Time for SU to force the hand just like Pitt did

I agree with this, even if I'm not yet fully sold on the idea that SU needs to immediately follow suit with a suit. The BE has a history of procrastination that would put most high school slackers to shame. I'm afraid legal recourse may well be the only option, if not Monday maybe by the end of next week.

Syracuse has a history of being "friendly". Syracuse took no part in the remaining Big East school's suit v. the ACC, BC, VATech, Miami. Syracuse will work behind the scenes and probably has informed the Big East that a lawsuit, or joining Pitt could be forthcoming if they fail to resolve the issues and allow Syracuse out after next season, no need to go through formalities if things move along. Syracuse also knows that most of new schools really don't want to deal with keeping Putt and Syracuse for one year and then sending them off - not worth the headaches.

Just my observations. Syracuse generally is a class act in their behaviors.

There's a difference between being a 'class act' and a 'patsy'.

We're talking about being kept in limbo for at least two more years. Financial limbo. Recruiting limbo. Limbo may require bending, but it doesn't require bending over. And remember, you can't spell class w/o a-s-s.

There's a difference between being a 'class act' and a 'patsy'.

We're talking about being kept in limbo for at least two more years. Financial limbo. Recruiting limbo. Limbo may require bending, but it doesn't require bending over. And remember, you can't spell class w/o a-s-s.

Exactly. Nice guys finish last. If SU tries to do this in a class way with handshake agreements and a wink-n-nod type deal, its going to end badly for us. File a lawsuit, force the issue, and end this ASAP.

Perhaps with the possibility of the ACC losing major teams Syracuse is not wanting to burn any bridges?

Perhaps with the possibility of the ACC losing major teams Syracuse is not wanting to burn any bridges?
Just the thought of this gave me douche chills