maybe people forgot but there was a guy named mike hopkins that used to work here | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

maybe people forgot but there was a guy named mike hopkins that used to work here

he was the lead recruiter and head coach in waiting. we blew that up over buddy. we could have multiple 5 stars on this roster right now but instead we have buddy and girard.
Yeah, because going to college in Seattle is the equivalent of going to college in Syracuse. Seems to me some of the guys were looking for reasons not to go to Syracuse.

Again, his wife is from here.
That's what planes are for in the summer time. I love coming back to visit in the summer. It will never be my permanent residence again. Of course, she may not have the opinion. It could also be that Mike spent 20+ years in her home town. Ow it's her turn to spend 20+ years on the west coast for him.

There is but his father is in Southern California I believe so it's not like he's driving there. He's about as close to his dad currently as Syracuse is to Disney. 2.5hr direct flight is certainly easier that a 6hr one with a stop somewhere.
I thought there was an article that said his dad was originally from the Seattle area and was now living back up there.

Maybe if SU opens the Vault Mike returns however Washington has deeper pockets and i would imagine they would step up to keep him. Pretty sure Mikes coming back.

Maybe if SU opens the Vault Mike returns however Washington has deeper pockets and i would imagine they would step up to keep him. Pretty sure Mikes coming back.
Sorry. Not coming back. My guess remains Red who i think will do a good job.

There's been so much evidence that the University is willing to put money in athletics the past 2 years, yet you and a few others keep saying they won't, and lets not forget Hopkins gets paid less now than Boeheim in an area where the cost of living is 5 times that of Syracuse. The fake news on this board gets tiresome.

:vomit:A dookie over Red? Over any of our guys? C’mon man.

But I would pay to see Devo knock him out.

Local who did wear Orange in football!!!! Haha

He's coached at Ohio St, Louisville and now has a head coaching gig. If he does well I'd be more comfortable with him than anybody on the staff.

Sorry. Not coming back. My guess remains Red who i think will do a good job.

Really? Why in the world wouldn't we seek a coach with head coaching experience? That would be a very bad idea, IMO. We don't need a guy learning on the job, not if we want to keep selling 20,000+ tickets to our games.

Really? Why in the world wouldn't we seek a coach with head coaching experience? That would be a very bad idea, IMO. We don't need a guy learning on the job, not if we want to keep selling 20,000+ tickets to our games.

Hop has "learned on the job" and has 2 Pac 12 coy honors already.

There are example both ways on why I'd be ok with Red or a guy like Oats. I'd prefer Oats but wouldn't mind Red.

Hop has "learned on the job" and has 2 Pac 12 coy honors already.

There are example both ways on why I'd be ok with Red or a guy like Oats. I'd prefer Oats but wouldn't mind Red.

After being 100% wrong on Hop, I feel like giving Red a chance wont be the worst thing, but I really hate the idea of not doing a national search and giving it to the best guy who wants it.

After being 100% wrong on Hop, I feel like giving Red a chance wont be the worst thing, but I really hate the idea of not doing a national search and giving it to the best guy who wants it.

Exactly how I feel and I was wrong about Hop too. I strongly wanted him to get some head coaching experience before taking over .

he was the lead recruiter and head coach in waiting. we blew that up over buddy. we could have multiple 5 stars on this roster right now but instead we have buddy and girard.

Give me a break...you were not a Hopkins fan so don't start pretending like you were...

I'm generally in the "Hop's gone' camp (knowing precisely nothing about what he and his wife discuss in the kitchen). But I am part of a human family (like millions of Americans) where people sometimes move (back) from one state to another because some parent/parents/parent-in-law/parents-in-law are getting up there in age (a public Hop concern). So, if that principle had/has sway, and Mike's familial part of his motive for going back to the West Coast comes to...pass, then one should probably assume that the Hop family could come back to CNY for the same reason, depending on his wife's situation.

People say Seattle > Syracuse. But Washington isn't California, either.

But Hop himself (in his borderline-perverse optimism) had already declared decades ago, regarding Syracuse's winters - "got me a 4-wheel drive. Problem solved!"

I love that you resurrected this thread to point that out.
At first, I was very confused by your post as I did not resurrect the thread.

But then I noticed that the post before mine was from November 13th and OP's was from November 8th.

Not quote sure how that happened as I thought I was responding to an ongoing, current thread.

Nevertheless, I both stand by my posts and declare that, going forward, I am only going to respond to ancient posts.

Living in the past seems like a more pleasant option at this point in time.

Expect to see a bunch of replies to threads resurrected from March & April of 1996, 2003, 2013 & 2016 in the very near future.

At first, I was very confused by your post as I did not resurrect the thread.

But then I noticed that the post before mine was from November 13th and OP's was from November 8th.

Not quote sure how that happened as I thought I was responding to an ongoing, current thread.

Nevertheless, I both stand by my posts and declare that, going forward, I am only going to respond to ancient posts.

Living in the past seems like a more pleasant option at this point in time.

Expect to see a bunch of replies to threads resurrected from March & April of 1996, 2003, 2013 & 2016 in the very near future.

Cool

Well look on the Brite side. We wouldnt have Bras Edwards or Ajok.

This part made me snort giggle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom