maybe people forgot but there was a guy named mike hopkins that used to work here | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

maybe people forgot but there was a guy named mike hopkins that used to work here

If the longer term goal is to lure MH back as the head coach, keeping the Boeheim organization together would facilitate that. Iam 100% sure if a guy like LO got this opportunity at the age he is at, he would see it as his last chance and bring every effort to succeed.
One of our absolute worst recruiting cycles came when LO was on our bench. He might be a great coach but he can’t recruit.

This is a great post and hits the nail on the head. Hop left because Wildhack didn’t do his job and let JB stay. Wildhack showed zero courage. He’s a terrible AD and should never of gotten the job.
It’s hard to be wrong 100% of the time but this post does a pretty good job of that. Congrats!

Bottom line is Hop ain’t never coming back. He gone. He owns that program as his own. That’s life baby

JB agreed to retire after the 2017-18 season was over. Let's call it April 3, 2018.

Hop quit in March 2017. March 19, 2017 to be exact. Fully ONE YEAR before the agreed upon transition date.

How is that Wildhack's fault?
Hop had a great opportunity when Washington came calling. Fact. But I think he could've stayed if Wildhack did a masterful job getting JB to swallow his pride and play nice. Meaning - it wouldn't be enough for JB to honor the exit date. John needed to get JB to start thinking about Hop's transition plan and fully buy in to what Hop wanted to do. I don't know if there's an AD in the world that could've talked JB into doing this. Why? Because JB had the leverage. If JB said "no, John I'm not going to pretend I support this" what can John really do? If he fired JB then Hop would be guilted into leaving as well. Ultimately it was JB's unwillingness to see that the program is bigger than him.

I have a weird feeling it will all work out fine. Hopkins has gotten maximum HC opportunity as far away as possible, Jim is being allowed to retire gracefully, Hopkins has proven himself away from Syracuse as a good recruiter/coach, and Syracuse has remained somewhat competitive throughout (this year hasn't finished yet).

I feel like when it all comes together, Syracuse will make their run at Mike when the time permits. At that point he'll be offered a job at a top 10 school, his alma mader, and making more money than he is now in a lower cost area that he loves (from what people on here say).

I have faith it'll all work out

One of our absolute worst recruiting cycles came when LO was on our bench. He might be a great coach but he can’t recruit.
They have some nice talent at Gtown, didn't he help get some of them?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom