maybe people forgot but there was a guy named mike hopkins that used to work here | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

maybe people forgot but there was a guy named mike hopkins that used to work here

he was the lead recruiter and head coach in waiting. we blew that up over buddy. we could have multiple 5 stars on this roster right now but instead we have buddy and girard.

Interesting premise, cause JB said he wanted to stick around to see the sanctions through, not necessarily coach his son, which I don’t think is terrible either

Hop has obligations to stay at UW for more time than when JB retires. Louis Orr would be a good coach to take over AB. He is doing great at Gtown and is probably the acting head coach there and has had head coaching gigs before . Did well at Seton, couldn't get Bowling Green going, no one ever has. He gets a shot for 5 years and by then Hop and wife maybe ready to come home.

Hop has obligations to stay at UW for more time than when JB retires. Louis Orr would be a good coach to take over AB. He is doing great at Gtown and is probably the acting head coach there and has had head coaching gigs before . Did well at Seton, couldn't get Bowling Green going, no one ever has. He gets a shot for 5 years and by then Hop and wife maybe ready to come home.

Love Louis as a person, not as a our next head coach. That's ridiculous. It does NOT have to be an alum.

Love Louis as a person, not as a our next head coach. That's ridiculous. It does NOT have to be an alum.
He has been around the game forever, has the grey hair to prove it. He's seasoned and ready and should get another shot at a head coaching job somewhere, why not for the Orange. Whoever gets the job AB is going to have a long shadow to deal with, at least JB would be behind him and give him all the support he could. A 5 year contract.

He has been around the game forever, has the grey hair to prove it. He's seasoned and ready and should get another shot at a head coaching job somewhere, why not for the Orange. Whoever gets the job AB is going to have a long shadow to deal with, at least JB would be behind him and give him all the support he could. A 5 year contract.

Don't you ever wonder what it would feel like to actually post something of substance rather than just stuff to get attention?

Don't you ever wonder what it would feel like to actually post something of substance rather than just stuff to get attention?
If the longer term goal is to lure MH back as the head coach, keeping the Boeheim organization together would facilitate that. Iam 100% sure if a guy like LO got this opportunity at the age he is at, he would see it as his last chance and bring every effort to succeed.

Sorry. Not coming back. My guess remains Red who i think will do a good job.

Nobody on this staff deserves a job... after Boeheim we need to go in another direction. Either try and bring back Hopkins or go outside of Syracuse alums...

I think Hopkins leaving is best for us and him. He needed some head coaching experience before we brought him back

Do James Thues and Greg Davis ring a bell?

If Orr and Jeff Jones are both available who do you pick?

If the longer term goal is to lure MH back as the head coach, keeping the Boeheim organization together would facilitate that. Iam 100% sure if a guy like LO got this opportunity at the age he is at, he would see it as his last chance and bring every effort to succeed.
Why not hire Buddy as player-coach. I am sure that would keep the Boeheim organization together as well.
My god. Louis Orr good man he was brought to Georgetown to be a caretaker assistant for Ewing so he had a former HC who knew how to do the nuts and bolts stuff as he had no experience handling college basketball.
Suggesting him as the next HC is plain and simple trolling.

Let’s make Tim Welsh should be the next Syracuse coach posts while we are at it.

Wish I could like this more than once.

He lost me when he was hyping T Hunt for the Heisman.

If Orr and Jeff Jones are both available who do you pick?
I would want a guy from that category ( Age, Experience,etc.) because more often than not, the coach that follows a legend has a short and rocky tenure. At least those guys would know that and seeing how they are near the end of their coaching careers, would embrace it and not look at it as a long term job anyways. Your in your 60's and get that type of opportunity, you just might get some magic. It's also possible that CJB would be amenable to leaving at an earlier date under that circumstance .

I would want a guy from that category ( Age, Experience,etc.) because more often than not, the coach that follows a legend has a short and rocky tenure. At least those guys would know that and seeing how they are near the end of their coaching careers, would embrace it and not look at it as a long term job anyways. Your in your 60's and get that type of opportunity, you just might get some magic. It's also possible that CJB would be amenable to leaving at an earlier date under that circumstance .
That is illogical and inane. So because following a legend is supposedly difficult (Tom Izzo and Matt Painter say hi), we shouldn’t try to land the best successor to JB that we can?

JB will never ask Hop to return because he thinks he can Coach for another 10 years. At some point, this administration has to say enough is enough and make a change. This team is heading for another 15+ loss season, which Wildhack must think is ok.

This is a great post and hits the nail on the head. Hop left because Wildhack didn’t do his job and let JB stay. Wildhack showed zero courage. He’s a terrible AD and should never of gotten the job.

This is a great post and hits the nail on the head. Hop left because Wildhack didn’t do his job and let JB stay. Wildhack showed zero courage. He’s a terrible AD and should never of gotten the job.
This is just not factual correct.
Hopkins left because he got a great opportunity.
He wasn’t going to push his mentor into retirement before his mentor was ready.
Wildhack wasn’t going to force MH to stay.
Be frustrated with Wildhack all you want he isn’t the reason anything took place happened.

This is just not factual correct.
Hopkins left because he got a great opportunity.
He wasn’t going to push his mentor into retirement before his mentor was ready.
Wildhack wasn’t going to force MH to stay.
Be frustrated with Wildhack all you want he isn’t the reason anything took place happened.
this is BS and there is no source material for you to state this as fact.

this is BS and there is no source material for you to state this as fact.

It's the party line. "Hopkins left of his own accord".

The sequence of events tells a completely different story. Mike was under contract to succeed JB. JB decides to stay. WIldhack doesn't push back. Mike leaves and says its because he couldn't push his mentor out. Mike needed to say that to save face.

IT WASN'T MIKE'S JOB TO MAKE THAT DECISION! WILDHACK FAILED.

I really hope Mike comes back. But he won't ever to work under Wildhack. On that I'll bet more than a buck.

This is a great post and hits the nail on the head.

9A4A2EEB-8AB9-4503-9BD6-C53B71B5AA52.jpeg

Hop left because Wildhack didn’t do his job and let JB stay.

2DE15EF3-0DD0-4F4B-81DF-EF0C95AB7ED5.gif

Wildhack showed zero courage. He’s a terrible AD and should never of gotten the job.

FF5D5C6B-0779-41BC-9645-E05733FB4276.gif

The sequence of events tells a completely different story. Mike was under contract to succeed JB. JB decides to stay. WIldhack doesn't push back. Mike leaves and says its because he couldn't push his mentor out. Mike needed to say that to save face.

I really hope Mike comes back. But he won't ever to work under Wildhack. On that I'll bet more than a buck.
1576243483997.png

Wow! What did Wildhack do to you?? There’s obviously more to this with your hatred here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom