Maybe we should listen to the Bracket Experts, Because | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Maybe we should listen to the Bracket Experts, Because

UGH. We were extremely lucky to beat VT. Took them completely choking and Gbinije and Malachi making some really tough jumpers at the end for us to comeback and win it at home.

And we all know about Pitt.

Not feeling good at all.

dont check the miami-va tech score right now

UGH. We were extremely lucky to beat VT. Took them completely choking and Gbinije and Malachi making some really tough jumpers at the end for us to comeback and win it at home.

And we all know about Pitt.

Not feeling good at all.

I would sign up right now to see Tech again, I never want to see Pitt again.

orangenirvana said:
I'll believe the committee will give SU the benefit of the doubt when I see it. Some can call me a conspiracy theorist and that's their right but so be it. 0-4 in the last 20 years. The NCAA just spent the last 10 years up SU's butt and gave record penalties to the coach for petty crap he had nothing directly to do with. Sorry if I think the evidence shows us that the NCAA isn't fond of Boeheim and will let that emotional response effect their logic.
This is always in the back of my mind in seasons like this.

Would love to see the actual numbers on this.

Off the top of my head, the only recent examples I can think of are us beating UConn in the 2012 BET for the third time that season and beating Georgetown in the 2013 BET after two ugly losses in the regular season.

Unfortunately we can all agree that this team bears no resemblance to those two teams.

The tournament is so weak at the bottom now. Think about our 07 and 08 teams compared to this one. Those teams would beat this one 8/10 times.

I'll believe the committee will give SU the benefit of the doubt when I see it.

Some can call me a conspiracy theorist and that's their right but so be it. 0-4 in the last 20 years. The NCAA just spent the last 10 years up SU's butt and gave record penalties to the coach for petty crap he had nothing directly to do with.

Sorry if I think the evidence shows us that the NCAA isn't fond of Boeheim and will let that emotional response effect their logic.

This

For the people who think we are in, when have we ever got a break from the selection committee before?

Now factor in the loss today, and the fact we could finish 10th place in the conference. Lets be honest, since beating Notre Dame in Jan, what have we done to be an Ncaa tournament team?

Allegedly the committee doesn't look at the last 10 games. So again, we do not exist in a vacuum.

It's not a huge one, but I remember in 2014 a lot of people were convinced that based on how we finished there was no way we'd be a 3 seed and no way we'd be playing in Buffalo

If we have an RPI of 60+ headed into Selection Sunday, we are likely headed to the NIT.

Your use of this RPI line of 60 is not being correctly applied IMO

I don't buy that.

Then what's the point of discussing this with you if you refuse to take into consideration widely know NCAA criteria? We've been terrible. But we're not the only bubble team that's been terrible.

Then what's the point of discussing this with you if you refuse to take into consideration widely know NCAA criteria? We've been terrible. But we're not the only bubble team that's been terrible.

Neither of us know what this year's committee are going to take into account. If I was on the committee, the way you were playing at the moment would be very important.The point is we have some bad losses on our resume, and we have given reason not to let us in. We had a chance to seal the deal today, and couldn't get it done against a mediocre Fsu team.

This is from Palm's Bracketology:

"The Orange have lost three out of four going into this game, although the worst of those losses was to Pittsburgh at home. Syracuse has a typical bubble-team profile: a few good wins, a few bad losses, and a bad record against the better competition it has faced. Florida State doesn't really qualify as better competition, but a loss wouldn't be the end. Syracuse will enter the ACC tournament on the bubble either way"

I don't see how anyone could say we're solidly in after today's loss.

No one is saying we are solidly in. But we will be above the cut line after today (in terms of bracketologists consensus). That is a fact. And the teams on the outside ready to steal bids are not many and are running out of time. Another fact.

Neither of us know what this year's committee are going to take into account. If I was on the committee, the way you were playing at the moment would be very important.The point is we have some bad losses on our resume, and we have given reason not to let us in. We had a chance to seal the deal today, and couldn't get it done against a mediocre Fsu team.

But we know what the committee has said they're going to use, and has used in the past. And you're not on the committee.

Why?

Because individual RPI is not how they select teams. An RPI in the low 60s shows you have holes, but it does not preclude you from having some good compared to others.

They will not pick at least a few P5+1 schools with an RPI of over 60 to fill up the field this year,

We are one of those teams that has enough good wins to sneak in. Unfortunately, we need the conference tournament week to be fairly pedestrian.

We still have the JB factor. Our home losses under him are Wiscy, Pitt and UNC.

If they are serious about looking us with JB and without JB, we should be fine. If they are saying it doesn't matter who the coach is, then it's a bigger deal..

The committee has removed the Last 10 games from criteria. EXPLICITLY. They have went all in to the entire body of work that weigh's a game evenly in November vs March. This has been EXPLICITLY stated.

This has been EXPLICITLY seen in their picks the last 5 years, and EXPLICITLY stated in their rationalizations for picks.

I

Because individual RPI is not how they select teams. An RPI in the low 60s shows you have holes, but it does not preclude you from having some good compared to others.

They will not pick at least a few P5+1 schools with an RPI of over 60 to fill up the field this year,
Since the tourney expanded to 68 teams, less than 25% of P5 conference teams with RPI ratings 61-70 got into the tourney. 0% 70+.

But who cares about odds and history. As we know, when Syracuse heads into Selection Sunday on the bubble we always get in...

The committee has removed the Last 10 games from criteria. EXPLICITLY. They have went all in to the entire body of work that weigh's a game evenly in November vs March. This has been EXPLICITLY stated.

This has been EXPLICITLY seen in their picks the last 5 years, and EXPLICITLY stated in their rationalizations for picks.

I

They removed the last 10 stat, it doesn't mean they don't take into account how teams are playing at the moment.

To put it simply, we aren't "safely" in but we would need a lot of other teams to put in work for us not to be in. A lot depends on what a lot of other teams do and I doubt all the other teams that need to do good for us to be out actually go on runs. If we win one in the ACC tourney I think we are safely in.

Since the tourney expanded to 68 teams, less than 25% of P5 conference teams with RPI ratings 61-70 got into the tourney. 0% 70+.

But who cares about odds and history. As we know, when Syracuse heads into Selection Sunday on the bubble we always get in...
I see what you're saying but has there ever been another season of college basketball like this season, where even the best teams have 6+ losses? I think if we get to 20 wins we are in.

We are back on the bubble.
If this team plays like it did today, with no defense in the middle, poor rebounding, shaky FT shooting, it's one and done in the ACC Tourney.

I see what you're saying but has there ever been another season of college basketball like this season, where even the best teams have 6+ losses? I think if we get to 20 wins we are in.
The top teams have absolutely no bearing on the last teams in. Yes, there is parity in basketball this year, but 68 teams is 68 teams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom