Maybe Weitsman is the guy that needs convincing, and not Wildhack? | Syracusefan.com

Maybe Weitsman is the guy that needs convincing, and not Wildhack?

He’s JBs friend, he’s not going to say his friend should be fired.
I think Weitsman is the only one who can convince JAB to retire. His family won't be able to as they would have after last season. His assistants won't want to as they have a cushy gig and no guarantee of future employment.

Besides being fired by Wildhack, the only chance JAB leaves is if Adam convinces him its the right thing to do. He probably talked him into buying the Skaneateles house and he has some influence with his NIL donations.

I think Weitsman is the only one who can convince JAB to retire. His family won't be able to as they would have after last season. His assistants won't want to as they have a cushy gig and no guarantee of future employment.

Besides being fired by Wildhack, the only chance JAB leaves is if Adam convinces him its the right thing to do. He probably talked him into buying the Skaneateles house and he has some influence with his NIL donations.
Doubt it

Adam will stay on after JB only if the university treats Jim with respect on his way out. If they just throw him out as so many of you suggest they do, then I think Adam’s money goes with it. And I don’t see many others with his money contributing to the collectives. Be careful what you all wish for!

Adam will stay on after JB only if the university treats Jim with respect on his way out. If they just throw him out as so many of you suggest they do, then I think Adam’s money goes with it. And I don’t see many others with his money contributing to the collectives. Be careful what you all wish for!
Ooooh threats!

Who cares about this guy if this is his threat. Program isn’t about some booster. Cmon that’s insane.

I hope JB decides to retire on his own but if he wants to stick around, he needs to be pushed out, and if that means AW’s money goes away, so be it. No one, including him or JB, is bigger than this program

Ooooh threats!

Who cares about this guy if this is his threat. Program isn’t about some booster. Cmon that’s insane.
Hardly. It's about human decency, and respect for a bonafide legend. If you think it's OK to fire JB, shame and kick him out the door publicly, you're not somebody I'm interested in associating with.

Not necessarily saying we shouldn't force JB's hand behind the scenes, either.

Ooooh threats!

We can't win going forward without $$$ behind the program. That is the real world that we live in now. We need this guy. We also need for JB to retire. This does have to be done with tact

Hardly. It's about human decency, and respect for a bonafide legend. If you think it's OK to fire JB, shame and kick him out the door publicly, you're not somebody I'm interested in associating with.

I don’t have any interest in seeing the guy publicly shamed either.

However, something has to be done. He’s had *six years* post-probation to improve the program and it’s only getting worse.

Could the next hire be terrible? Yup.

But that’s not the point.

Can JB get us back to being top 25? Nope. He can’t. He’s had lots of time, and he can’t.

This is certainly an interesting discussion! As some of you know, I talk to Adam regularly. I've had conversations with Adam about the future of the program, JB, etc. I wish I could share details here, but I gotta respect Adam's privacy. One thing I will say is that while I respect everyone's opinions on this thread, there is a lot of speculation and misinformation here. But I certainly respect you all and your takes!

We can't win going forward without $$$ behind the program. That is the real world that we live in now. We need this guy. We also need for JB to retire. This does have to be done with tact
Totally agree

We’ll be a dumpster, but we’ll be a well funded dumpster

Who is saying he should be shamed and kicked out the door?

He needs to go - and people that he will listen to need to advise him to do so. Immediately. Those people are few and far between.

I think you try like crazy immediately to convince him to retire. The longer it goes on the more likely SU will be forced to fire him which is what nobody wants. JB is just as guilty for being a bit selfish and staying on with diminishing returns.

A booster that's a non alumnus should not have that kind of sway over a program specifically that of a private school.
As a non-alumnus, I agree with you 100%. Lots of people donate to Syracuse, including myself as a STH. But NIL is different. For example, Lally gave $25 million for a building. Would an alumni of his ilk give $5 or $10 million for NIL. I'm sure they want the teams to win. But will they be investing in actual players.

Just a thought.

Can’t be held hostage by a single booster who is posting pics with Shkreli and Bilzerian who are trash humans.

If AW is going to be a JB guy vs Cuse guy, you make it a pre-req that the next coach is bringing boosters with him. Don’t care what the rules are. JB defenders have been fine with 2x probations, should be fine with this requirement.

I’ll give AW credit and assume he’s a program guy and not a JB guy only and he’ll be on board for the next person.

That’s really disturbing if true.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom