Maybe Weitsman is the guy that needs convincing, and not Wildhack? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Maybe Weitsman is the guy that needs convincing, and not Wildhack?

Can’t be held hostage by a single booster who is posting pics with Shkreli and Bilzerian who are trash humans.

If AW is going to be a JB guy vs Cuse guy, you make it a pre-req that the next coach is bringing boosters with him. Don’t care what the rules are. JB defenders have been fine with 2x probations, should be fine with this requirement.

I’ll give AW credit and assume he’s a program guy and not a JB guy only and he’ll be on board for the next person.
Way of the world these days. Doesn’t make it right.

Ooooh threats!

Who cares about this guy if this is his threat. Program isn’t about some booster. Cmon that’s insane.
I don't think you can fire boeheim, I'm grateful to AW, and if he spends his bitcoins on something else, oh well

Weitsman is not just a JB guy.

I think the only way to get JB to retire is to stage an intervention with his family, Wildhack, Bing and Weitsman. I expect that’s how it will need to be done. I’m sure there’s a couple others.

A booster that's a non alumnus should not have that kind of sway over a program specifically that of a private school.
That's the way of the World though. Everyone needs money, so those who have it, have power. It's no different with Universities.

Also, the alternative is he takes his money elsewhere, which severely disadvantages the program. I wish 10 more just like him would appear, alumni or not.

If AW was just a JB guy, why is he also supporting football players too?

Because JB is working at Syracuse, so he supports the whole show.

Again, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt here, but just because he supports Cuse as a whole now, doesn't mean he would when JB steps away if that's his priority.

The dude clearly likes being close to famous people. JB is a famous person. Supporting his school keeps him close.

To be clear, I'm not saying he would do this, I'm saying if it did become an issue, you adjust the requirements for the coaching search. That's all.

Because JB is working at Syracuse, so he supports the whole show.

Again, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt here, but just because he supports Cuse as a whole now, doesn't mean he would when JB steps away if that's his priority.

The dude clearly likes being close to famous people. JB is a famous person. Supporting his school keeps him close.

To be clear, I'm not saying he would do this, I'm saying if it did become an issue, you adjust the requirements for the coaching search. That's all.
The next coach will be famous too, albeit not to JB's level. And making the bball team competitive is a great way to get love in CNY. Hopefully he continues.

We need to collectively win the lottery so we can help make decisions for the athletic department.
Hey Wildhack, here is 50 mil but first we need you to…

I think Weitsman is the only one who can convince JAB to retire. His family won't be able to as they would have after last season. His assistants won't want to as they have a cushy gig and no guarantee of future employment.

Besides being fired by Wildhack, the only chance JAB leaves is if Adam convinces him its the right thing to do. He probably talked him into buying the Skaneateles house and he has some influence with his NIL donations.
I think it's more likely he's told everyone close to him that he doesn't want to talk about it and that he will retire when he (and he alone) is ready.

JB has to go the sooner the better(end of the season). I don't care how it is done, if JB leaves on his own or he is forced to retire. For the betterment of the program and for JB himself it needs to be done NOW.

Reading this thread I doubt AW will pull his support. He might be more cautious with it but he wont stop. We will see if other boosters and supporters feel the same way but I don feel some of the support will go away and it will be up to the new hire (better be from outside the program) to get them back.

Last edited:
JB has to go the sooner (end of the season). I don't care how it is done, if JB leaves on his own or he is forced to retire. For the betterment of the program and for JB himself it needs to be done NOW.

Reading this thread I doubt AW will pull his support. He might be more cautious with it but he wont stop. We will see if other boosters and supporters feel the same way but I don feel some of the support will go away and it will be up to the new hire (better be from outside the program) to get them back.
Yeah I think the boosters will get over it. Hopefully the new coach is a home run and will make it easy to like him and then winning will cure all and any ills will be forgotten.

That's the way of the World though. Everyone needs money, so those who have it, have power. It's no different with Universities.

Also, the alternative is he takes his money elsewhere, which severely disadvantages the program. I wish 10 more just like him would appear, alumni or not.
well-bye-bye.gif

At least with John Ruiz at Miami, he went there as did Phil Knight with Oregon and Stanford.

JB has to go the sooner (end of the season). I don't care how it is done, if JB leaves on his own or he is forced to retire. For the betterment of the program and for JB himself it needs to be done NOW.

Pushing someone out never ends well. Syracuse Fan doesn't speak for the general base. If you think someone getting forced out ends well, you have another thing coming. This is the diehards of the base. Most adults don't care.

Pushing someone out never ends well. Syracuse Fan doesn't speak for the general base. If you think someone getting forced out ends well, you have another thing coming. This is the diehards of the base. Most adults don't care.

Keeping someone past the time they should leave never ends well and we are in the middle of that right now.

The issue is whether most fans care.

Keeping someone past the time they should leave never ends well and we are in the middle of that right now.
Is it past the time because they're not good at the moment? Would it be past his time if they were good? Get a grip. Pitino wants to coach five more years. Is it past his time despite being in his 70s.

Is it past the time because they're not good at the moment? Would it be past his time if they were good? Get a grip.

They haven't been good for almost a decade. He had plenty of time to get them "good" again. Get a reality check

They haven't been good for almost a decade. He had plenty of time to get them "good" again. Get a reality check
I don't live life vicariously through Syracuse athletics despite actually having gone to the school and donating (money and time). Maybe the issue is with you? Get a hobby or spend time with your family if you have any?

I don't live life vicariously through Syracuse athletics despite actually having gone to the school and donating (money and time). Maybe the issue is with you? Get a hobby or spend time with your family if you have any?

Interesting its always the same when people lose an argument they resort to insulting people over the internet.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom