McCords season | Syracusefan.com

McCords season

This week will be interesting to see if McCord continues his 300 yard performances. NC State with 3 losses has yet to give up a 300 yard passing day to opposing QBs. Granted, Clemson and Tennessee didn’t need to pass much because they blew their doors off. LA Tech qb threw for 280, the most of any QB. I do think NC States front could pose a problem for our run game so we likely need a 300 yard with 3 TD performance to win.

Y’all are out of your minds.

Let’s just use McNabb as one example.

4x 1st team All BE
3x BE OPOY

I promise you, we would trade McCord for college McNabb in a heart beat. It would be the easiest decision ever. And that’s just McNabb.

People here need to do some soul-searching.

Maybe find some old YouTube clips. I dunno.

But McCord is not and will not be the best qb here in any way, shape or form.

4x 1st team All BE
3x BE OPOY

I promise you, we would trade McCord for college McNabb in a heart beat. It would be the easiest decision ever. And that’s just McNabb.

I get your point, but honestly, I think it is too early to definitively say that. And yes, you’re right, it’s too early to definitively say McCord is the best as well. Let’s see how the season plays out.

I get your point, but honestly, I think it is too early to definitively say that. And yes, you’re right, it’s too early to definitively say McCord is the best as well. Let’s see how the season plays out.

It isn’t too early. At all. Barring him actually walking on water, this isn’t a discussion.

4x 1st team All BE
3x BE OPOY

Yup. And McNabb was the 2nd overall pick in the NFL draft, 13 year NFL career, elected to Eagles HOF and number retired, 2x NFC player of the year, 6 pro bowls, played in the Super Bowl, and on and on...

LOVE McCord, but McNabb is still the standard.

4x 1st team All BE
3x BE OPOY

I disagree, love mcnabb and nothing against him but I remember a ton of throws at peoples feet. his scrambling got him out of a lot of jambs. McCord is the best passer we have ever had here, he has a super high football iq and can read defenses better also.

4x 1st team All BE
3x BE OPOY

What about for a single season though?

Yup. And McNabb was the 2nd overall pick in the NFL draft, 13 year NFL career, elected to Eagles HOF and number retired, 2x NFC player of the year, 6 pro bowls, played in the Super Bowl, and on and on...

Not taking anything away from McNabb and I get that the NFL record adds to his legacy, but I'm talking about strictly what's done in an SU uniform.

And who even knows what McCord might become in the NFL but again, that's an entirely different league.

Not taking anything away from McNabb and I get that the NFL record adds to his legacy, but I'm talking about strictly what's done in an SU uniform.

And who even knows what McCord might become in the NFL but again, that's an entirely different league.
Ok, if we look at "strictly what's been done in an SU uniform"

McNabb was the Big East offensive player of the DECADE for the 1990s, named to the Syracuse ALL-CENTURY team, Heisman finalist, 3x BE offensive player of the year...

Again, I LOVE McCord and some of his stats are going to break SU single season records. IF he played here for 3-4 years, he could be the "best" SU QB of your lifetime. But he wont get that chance.

And McNabb up 38-7 over the GOAT Tom Brady at the big house when we called off the dogs. As far a COLLEGE QB, McNabb is the standard, but different style is hard to compare. If you want to give McCord the nod over Nassib on best pro style in Cuse history, that may be valid debate.

What about for a single season though?

McNabb his senior year:
BE OPOY
BE 1st Team
5th in Heisman (and I would argue he should have been higher)
Best player on a team that won the conference

Beat Michigan in the Big House. Came within a single point of beating the eventual national champions.

There is no world in which I'd not take him over McCord.

If McNabb, coming off his junior year, was transported to present day heading into this year, his NIL offers would make McCord's look like a little kid's weekly allowance.

The final AP poll for the 1998 season, we played:
#1 Tennessee
#5 Florida (bowl game)
#12 Michigan
#20 Miami
#23 VT

Again, we lost by a point to #1, got beat down by #5 and we beat #12, #20 (crushed Miami) and #23.

Take a look at our current schedule. Where do you think our opponents are going to end up at the end of the year? GT is out. UNLV is out. Pitt is at 22 so who knows if they'll stay ranked. Miami is #6 at the moment.

McNabb is, without question, the better QB. Better pure passer? No. But that's one facet of playing QB. McNabb is on a level that McCord can only dream of attaining.

McNabb his senior year:
BE OPOY
BE 1st Team
5th in Heisman (and I would argue he should have been higher)
Best player on a team that won the conference

Beat Michigan in the Big House. Came within a single point of beating the eventual national champions.

There is no world in which I'd not take him over McCord.

If McNabb, coming off his junior year was transported to present day heading into this year, his NIL offers would make McCord's look like a little kid's weekly allowance.

The final AP poll for the 1998 season, we played:
#1 Tennessee
#5 Florida (bowl game)
#12 Michigan
#20 Miami
#23 VT

Again, we lost by a point to #1, got beat down by #5 and we beat #12, #20 (crushed Miami) and #23.

Take a look at our current schedule. Where do you think our opponents are going to end up at the end of the year? GT is out. UNLV is out. Pitt is at 22 so who knows if they'll stay ranked. Miami is #6 at the moment.

McNabb is, without question, the better QB. Better pure passer? No. But that's one facet of playing QB. McNabb is on a level that McCord can only dream of attaining.
If McCord throws for over 4000 yards and has well over 30 TDs from a purely productive lens would that not be higher than 97 or 98 from McNabb? This is the point that I'm making; that he is on track to have the best single season as a quarterback stat wise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom