McCords season | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

McCords season

McNabb his senior year:
BE OPOY
BE 1st Team
5th in Heisman (and I would argue he should have been higher)
Best player on a team that won the conference

Beat Michigan in the Big House. Came within a single point of beating the eventual national champions.

There is no world in which I'd not take him over McCord.

If McNabb, coming off his junior year was transported to present day heading into this year, his NIL offers would make McCord's look like a little kid's weekly allowance.

The final AP poll for the 1998 season, we played:
#1 Tennessee
#5 Florida (bowl game)
#12 Michigan
#20 Miami
#23 VT

Again, we lost by a point to #1, got beat down by #5 and we beat #12, #20 (crushed Miami) and #23.

Take a look at our current schedule. Where do you think our opponents are going to end up at the end of the year? GT is out. UNLV is out. Pitt is at 22 so who knows if they'll stay ranked. Miami is #6 at the moment.

McNabb is, without question, the better QB. Better pure passer? No. But that's one facet of playing QB. McNabb is on a level that McCord can only dream of attaining.
If McCord throws for over 4000 yards and has well over 30 TDs from a purely productive lens would that not be higher than 97 or 98 from McNabb? This is the point that I'm making; that he is on track to have the best single season as a quarterback stat wise.

If McCord throws for over 4000 yards and has well over 30 TDs from a purely productive lens would that not be higher than 97 or 98 from McNabb? This is the point that I'm making; that he is on track to have the best single season as a quarterback stat wise.

You will not convince me with aggregate stats. I will respectfully agree to disagree. Ryan Nassib had over 3700 yards his last year and if anyone said that he was as good or better in a single season than McNabb, I'd assume they were nuts.

Aggregate stats mean very little to me a lot of the times. You can look at my basketball board posting for this.

It's a different world in terms of how football is played now than in 1998. If your contention is that he'll just have the best counting stats... sure? I mean, then measure him against Nassib. But counting stats and production aren't the same to me.

You will not convince me with aggregate stats. I will respectfully agree to disagree. Ryan Nassib had over 3700 yards his last year and if anyone said that he was as good or better in a single season than McNabb, I'd assume they were nuts.

Aggregate stats mean very little to me a lot of the times. You can look at my basketball board posting for this.

It's a different world in terms of how football is played now than in 1998. If your contention is that he'll just have the best counting stats... sure? I mean, then measure him against Nassib. But counting stats and production aren't the same to me.
26 years before McNabb's senior year was 1972 when they completed 48% of their passes for 1088 yards 3 td and 12 int.

Ancient history, can't compare

I disagree, love mcnabb and nothing against him but I remember a ton of throws at peoples feet. his scrambling got him out of a lot of jambs. McCord is the best passer we have ever had here, he has a super high football iq and can read defenses better also.
...and they're both Irish

McNabb was the better player for a longer period of time here. McCord is having an amazing season throwing the ball in a very different era. My take.

Sorry if this was posted earlier today but looked through a few threads and didn't see it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom