McDonald | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

McDonald

I agree, very little chance you remove a coach completely in season leaving yourself short handed the rest of the way. Not much time to interview and no time to get a new coach up to speed in the middle of the season. Hopefully George can pull it together and be professional enough to finish strong.

They could work it. There's plenty of football around from poles to Conley to gedney. or bump up white interim which would give him the ability to go on the road and recruit. None of its ideal but they could do it.

They could work it. There's plenty of football around from poles to Conley to gedney. or bump up white interim which would give him the ability to go on the road and recruit. None of its ideal but they could do it.

Could and should. He should be packing up his stuff by the afternoon. He just served it up on a golden platter

more is lost with indecision than wrong decision. The facts of the matter are the offense is putrid. Someone has to be held accountable. I give hcss a lot of credit for taking action and firing a close friend, not an was decision to make. This will serve as a life lesson for me McDonald.now lets hope Lester loses the square peg in round hole offensive philosophy and plays to the kids strengths. LGO!!

more is lost with indecision than wrong decision. The facts of the matter are the offense is putrid. Someone has to be held accountable. I give hcss a lot of credit for taking action and firing a close friend, not an was decision to make. This will serve as a life lesson for me McDonald.now lets hope Lester loses the square peg in round hole offensive philosophy and plays to the kids strengths. LGO!!

What is the kids strength? I need to know what to look for

Plenty of football around but do any of those you mentioned know our playbook? McDonald needs to take the rest of the season to show he can be a team guy, keep quiet, and salvage his career. Cutting bait and leaving yourself short handed is pretty draconian and would hurt the team more than it would help. He spoke to the media out of turn- he didn't kill anybody.

I think they're the ones that got him to send that apology text.

Either that, or someone else in his life got a hold of him and said What are you doing.

The Giansante Signal went up over Gotham City.

upload_2014-10-8_7-34-14.jpeg

I said a few times already that a midseason demotion of a college coordinator is rare, rather unprecedented. It was a bad choice to do it now IMHO.

Were you watching the same offensive displays on the field that I was? It was absolutely the right choice. It could have stayed behind closed doors but I am betting that McD opened his mouth and blabbed it himself based on his comments to the media yesterday.

Believe it or not, it happens during the season. It just remains internal and nobody knows until after the season or ever.

This was McF*($ IT's stuff show.

Who cares Shafer brought in the same type of So. Fla talent. Whoever was recruiting him for Syracuse would have had just as good of a chance. Even if we do give him credit for Ishmael, that's it. Who else did he get that we don't normally get down there?

McDonald is a very, very good South Florida recruiter, regardless of our current disappointment with his comments and attitude. If you think we are pulling in 4 or 5 star guys from Florida consistently, you would be mistaken. He is very good good at getting us the next their like Ish, Estime, Enoicy, Avant, Cordy, Edouard, etc.

Prior to that the last two classes brought us Whigham, Desir, and Vigilie.

PhatOrange said:
I said a few times already that a midseason demotion of a college coordinator is rare, rather unprecedented. It was a bad choice to do it now IMHO.

Cutting head coaches loose midseason is becoming the norm.

if he's costing us games, you make the move

it's dysfunctional to leave a guy in there that everyone knows can't do it

the mess is kind of fun in a reality show way

Then do what Marrone apparently did in 2009.

But don't go public until the end of the season.

This created a needless distraction and embarrassed a guy who is not completely responsible for what we have seen on the field.

This created a needless distraction and embarrassed a guy who is not completely responsible for what we have seen on the field.

Just to be devils advocate. With the relationship these guys all have/had, isn't the following plausible?

Shafer sits in the office after watching the game tape and says "Man we gotta shake this up a bit". Calls McDonald and says something to the effect of, "George, I'm going to shake some things up just to see if we can move forward a little, Timmy is going to call plays, like last year but with final say but lets see if he can help get this ball rolling." George says, "OK Coach whatever you think is best for the team." (WHY SHAFER THOUGHT HE WAS BEING A TEAM PLAYER).

After the call McDonald stews on it and realizes I am losing my job and calls his Mommy. She goats him on and adds fuel to his frustration and he's like well I better call some folks to see what my options are (i.e. Agent). Agent leaks to press which really precipitated the move to go public as the report was out there.

I truly believe Shafer believed he was close enough with these guys to shake things up internally, but McF*&K it went calling everyone. Which is why we are here today. I don't think in a million years Shafer was like ya, Ill run to the press with this.

For those that are even remotely backing McDonald for the video portion of his interview "not being that bad", or making veiled excuses as to why he wasn't successful at his job... SERIOUSLY? SERIOUSLY?!

Adios of town. Immediately.
I agree completely. This guy is a loose cannon at a level that I haven't seen from an SU coach in any sport ever. It's extremely clear that he didn't have the emotional maturity to handle a job at this level. It was obvious to me that he would fall apart during games too. The sooner he leaves the better. He's nothing but a negative distraction to the program. In my mind he needs to go home to his mommy and leave this football program alone. His behaviour is unstable and immature and there's no other way to characterize it

Were you watching the same offensive displays on the field that I was? It was absolutely the right choice. It could have stayed behind closed doors but I am betting that McD opened his mouth and blabbed it himself based on his comments to the media yesterday.

Believe it or not, it happens during the season. It just remains internal and nobody knows until after the season or ever.

This was McF*($ IT's stuff show.

Well if you’re being honest with yourself the guy shouldnt be blamed for 2 touchdowns called back for penalites. A player drop not one but 2 touchdown passes. A player make a TD catch but ruled ineligible for stepping out of bounds first. The line getting blown off the ball inside the 5, missed field goals and other various mistakes

Look, as much as you want to believe it to be true it’s not, it’s rare that it happens mid season – in any fashion - even in the grand 'ole SEC, partly because it opens it up to a shyt show that we’re seeing now. It was absolutely not the right choice to do it now, and I don’t care that they ran a half toss sweep 6 yards deep. This isn’t the NFL. Plenty of bad offense out there and coaches aren’t being demoted mid season.

I hope you understand right now that we’re going to see the same poor offense with Lester.

i wouldn't expect McDonald to go along with that quietly

i suspect shafer wanted to be hush hush and mcdonald was the one that tipped off coaching69.com or whatever that site is

BS. That's exactly the kind of guy that you take a chance on. Smart, well respected WR coach - with big time recruiting ties to Florida.

It didn't work out - but I'd rather my head coach take chances than hire retreads.
Why the F do people keep saying he's smart. His interviews are total nonsense and/or offensive, his behavior is that of a spoiled 7 year old, and what's with that stupid hat and all the camo?

Just to be devils advocate. With the relationship these guys all have/had, isn't the following plausible?

Shafer sits in the office after watching the game tape and says "Man we gotta shake this up a bit". Calls McDonald and says something to the effect of, "George, I'm going to shake some things up just to see if we can move forward a little, Timmy is going to call plays, like last year but with final say but lets see if he can help get this ball rolling." George says, "OK Coach whatever you think is best for the team." (WHY SHAFER THOUGHT HE WAS BEING A TEAM PLAYER).

After the call McDonald stews on it and realizes I am losing my job and calls his Mommy. She goats him on and adds fuel to his frustration and he's like well I better call some folks to see what my options are (i.e. Agent). Agent leaks to press which really precipitated the move to go public as the report was out there.

I truly believe Shafer believed he was close enough with these guys to shake things up internally, but McF*&K it went calling everyone. Which is why we are here today. I don't think in a million years Shafer was like ya, Ill run to the press with this.
I should've read your post first. although i probably would've still posted the same thing to make a coaching69 joke in all honesty.

I will always believe there was WAY more to this demotion than we'll ever know. I’d think there would have been a meeting of the minds before it got to the demotion level (the football staff version of a PIP) and I’m guessing there have been many conversations. Something doesn’t add up.

(so maybe someone 'had' to be demoted because he wouldn't move over and share).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom