McDonald | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

McDonald

Sam Blum ‏@SamBlum3
McDonald said he cried after he was demoted. He called his mom and read the bible.

What is his motive here? I'm sure coaches around the country are saying, "Let's hire the guy who threw a public fit when his head coach told him he wasn't good enough."

I'm disgusted by his reaction, to be honest.

You can have this reaction, don't get me wrong (EDIT: in PRIVATE). But don't become a distraction and (perhaps) unintentionally submarine your employer with such unprofessional comments.

Get rid of him. We don't need someone who is going to be such a negative influence.

Last edited:

Attachments

• image-2972089203.jpg
    image-2972089203.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 185
This isn't really a good look for future employers. But hey he can bring in 2 stars from South Florida.

Exactly what I was thinking. Is this the kind of stuff you want to come up when a prospective employer does a google search?

What about this quote this def changes relationship with Shaffer, get rid of this clown. I rank his hire a close 2nd to gerg

He better watch out if he wants another job future coaches like and respect Shaffer not going to get a glowing recommendation. Plus saying all this stuff good luck with this clown

I bet he stays OC if he never called that goal line sweep to Moore. Seriously, I feel like that was it.
he didn't call that play it was an audible by hunt that was clearly not the right play

What are the odds he has a job when he wakes up tomorrow. I'm going With zero. Get on the phone with all his recruits and try to keep them.

It's not on Shafer that his friend is this sensitive and unprofessional. He couldn't have known he would react so poorly and in such a juvenile fashion.
I agree. Regardless if he believes he was the greatest OC on the planet it's better to shut up and find yourself another job. Having sour grapes never looks good. Never

I kind of feel bad for him. He has an idea of what he wants to do here but doesn't have the players to do it with. His failure was not acknowledging that and playing to our strengths.

That being said, I'm not sure any OC would look good with the way our QB was playing.

Remember when this board, including me, thought this was a home run hire? Didn't people here even give him the Cool Kid nickname? Remember when everyone fawned over his recruiting prowess even if they weren't 4 and 5 star kids because well, the star system is stupid and our recruits are all better than given credit for.

You would think that someone in that think tank (i.e., the SUAD) would have thought that maybe, just maybe, the official SU Athletics website would change the coaches page. Maybe, umm, right around the time the announcement was made. Snip taken 1 minute ago.
upload_2014-10-7_20-2-58.png

I'm not justifying what he said to Bailey. His comments are, at a minimum, ridiculously unprofessional. 'Childish and petty' are probably more accurate.

I still think there's a chance for him to salvage the situation and turn his last season of coaching at SU into a more positive situation.
Based on the way it's been reported that he reacted to the demotion, he sounds like kind of a loose cannon.
Supposedly he's still really close to Lester so maybe that relationship leads him to him focusing on coaching up the receivers.

Wow so things just got really weird. After Shafer and Lester saying how much of a team player George was, McDonald drops that comment to Bailey.
"I was blindsided by the demotion. I would have stayed at Arkansas if I knew this would happen."
Brent Axe ‏@BrentAxeMedia
McDonald said he got texts from around football affirming that he's "not as bad as Syracuse thinks I am."
I guess he just said, "F*** it!"

Remember when this board, including me, thought this was a home run hire? Didn't people here even give him the Cool Kid nickname? Remember when everyone fawned over his recruiting prowess even if they weren't 4 and 5 star kids because well, the star system is stupid and our recruits are all better than given credit for.
Wrong schemes for what we have. Made the same mistakes that spence and periani made.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom