McDonald | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

McDonald

You would think that someone in that think tank (i.e., the SUAD) would have thought that maybe, just maybe, the official SU Athletics website would change the coaches page. Maybe, umm, right around the time the announcement was made. Snip taken 1 minute ago.
View attachment 27269

they still haven't updated the future schedule page for football either

rrlbees said:
Remember when this board, including me, thought this was a home run hire? Didn't people here even give him the Cool Kid nickname? Remember when everyone fawned over his recruiting prowess even if they weren't 4 and 5 star kids because well, the star system is stupid and our recruits are all better than given credit for.

Those FL kids are still the best at their positions, or on their way. Ishmael, Estime, Parris.

He got us good players - just not great (that we know of)... Rest of your post I agree with ;).

Wow so things just got really weird. After Shafer and Lester saying how much of a team player George was, McDonald drops that comment to Bailey.

"I was blindsided by the demotion. I would have stayed at Arkansas if I knew this would happe."

Just wow. We are almost better off cutting bait right now. That's a terrible thing to say when you have kids you have recruited to the program, and kids you are in contact with. I really hope Shafer takes over South Florida for him because George is obviously gone at the end of the year.

With that said McDonald may be the most overrated "Great" recruiter ever. Sure he may have been solid at other schools, but who has he brought to Syracuse that we normally wouldn't get? imo not one kid. People will say Ishmael, but Ish took officials visits to Illinois, Louisville, and another ho-hum place I can't recall. If you want to be labeled a great recruiter you better actually bring in kids we wouldn't normally get. The kids he has committed for this year don't even have any other offers. He may have been just as big of a bust on the recruiting trail then he has as an OC. And after that comment he can hit the road right now for all I care because he is leaving eventually.

Great post, man.

And Michael Benny has picked it up too so it will be his local news sites. No doubt Axe has a headliner on syracuse.com as well. He needs to be fired now since he decided to scorch the earth

Nick Saban doesn't let his assistants talk to the media at all. You would like to think something like this wouldn't happen when you are dealing with supposed adults, but just something I read this past weekend that came to mind after this ordeal.

You would think that someone in that think tank (i.e., the SUAD) would have thought that maybe, just maybe, the official SU Athletics website would change the coaches page. Maybe, umm, right around the time the announcement was made. Snip taken 1 minute ago.
View attachment 27269
That's ridiculous, to be honest.

I'm a one man shop in D3, and I have a coach ready to be removed before the news goes public if something changes. To have a communications staff the size of the one SU has and not be on top of this after more than 24 hours is unforgivable.

"I felt like I was blindsided," George McDonald said of his removal as Syracuseoffensive coordinator over the weekend. "I wasn't happy. If I had known I only had 18 games to be offensive coordinator I would have stayed at the University ofArkansas. I would have never came here. It is what it is. I don't want to be a distraction. I'm here to help coach Lester any way that I can. I'm here to help us get back on track."

http://syracuse.At their request, t...129-video-mcdonald-responds-to-demotion?s=185

yeah, right buddy

I bet he stays OC if he never called that goal line sweep to Moore. Seriously, I feel like that was it.

I think him seizing up in the coaching box before that double reverse pass had more to do with it. Lester stepped in and took over from then on.

When McDonald was hired, I assumed that he fit the mold of what Shafer preaches, a leader of young men. On top of that we were told that he was a great recruiter with unmatched connections in south Florida. As it turns out, he is not the leader that I presumed, it is disappointing that Coach Shafer didn't realize this.

anomander said:
I think him seizing up in the coaching box before that double reverse pass had more to do with it. Lester stepped in and took over from then on.

Interesting. Is there more to the story?

His comments are, at a minimum, ridiculously unprofessional. 'Childish and petty' are probably more accurate.

INSUBORDINATE-AND-CHURLISH.jpg

Reminds me of a story when Rob Spence was the OC. After a bad loss on the road to UConn, Spence had a meltdown on the team bus while the team was awaiting the plane at Bradley Airport. At first, they thought Spence was having a heart attack. But it was just a panic attack, a condition that affected him at times during games. He wasn't around much longer.

Damn, McDonald came out swinging. I'd love to take him out for a beer and hear what his thoughts of the team really are. My guess is that he would say Hunt is not an FCS QB let alone a BCS one.

"I felt like I was blindsided," George McDonald said of his removal as Syracuseoffensive coordinator over the weekend. "I wasn't happy. If I had known I only had 18 games to be offensive coordinator I would have stayed at the University ofArkansas. I would have never came here. It is what it is. I don't want to be a distraction. I'm here to help coach Lester any way that I can. I'm here to help us get back on track."

http://syracuse.At their request, t...129-video-mcdonald-responds-to-demotion?s=185

yeah, right buddy

This is so silly. Anyone who takes a job, whether it's as a janitor or a CEO, knows fair well that if they don't perform, then they're not going to be staying in that role.

Now the blindsided part sounds like it's pretty accurate. But you can't possibly tell me that he actually thought he was consistently performing at a high level as an OC. If he did, he's definitely not the type that's honest with himself, or he's just oblivious.

I think the picture is pretty clear. We had an OC that just didn't belong there. Shafer was stuck between a rock and a hard place, he did what he thought he had to, I applaud his decisiveness.

Reminds me of a story when Rob Spence was the OC. After a bad loss on the road to UConn, Spence had a meltdown on the team bus while the team was awaiting the plane at Bradley Airport. At first, they thought Spence was having a heart attack. But it was just a panic attack, a condition that affected him at times during games. He wasn't around much longer.

The UCONN game that year was last of the year, it was probably our best offensive game all year and Spence had pretty much been demoted much like GMC was 6-7 games in. Marrone was calling plays

GMC is true member of play station nation here! he's going to twitter next. It all started with his fuc.k it comments

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom