McDonald's AAs | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

McDonald's AAs

The more I go and read on Torrence how the bleep did the staff let a kid from SYRACUSE who can play PG just go and not be recruited as a priority here?

I get we took Goodine but we could have gotten Torrence since he is a PG as well.

Thank goodness we got Kadary.

Wait a minute...I thought coach Hop couldn’t recruit out west? He has a Micky D AA! Would love him back at SU! Oh and it’s a 6-10 big man! Hmmm, is that something SU Needs? Last time I checked he took over big man responsibilities after Bernie. So he has gotten Stewart and now Jackson Grant in the last 4 years! I’m in the boat of thinking bring Hop back, bring on Hart, and then keep Gerry and Griffin. Red will get a head coaching job in the next year or two.

That kid he got goes to High School 65 miles from campus.

I was watching Marquette-North Carolina and one of Marquette’s players was from Syracuse, NY.
Symir Torrence.

I didn’t even know a kid from Syracuse was a top 100 recruit and don’t remember recruiting him.

I actually saw him play once in HS by happenstance. He played for Syracuse Academy of Science. Completely forgot about him, but you're right, it'd be nice to have him in orange.

I actually saw him play once in HS by happenstance. He played for Syracuse Academy of Science. Completely forgot about him, but you're right, it'd be nice to have him in orange.
I rewound My TV when I heard Rece Davis sophomore from Syracuse New York.

I was shocked there’s a quality point guard in our backyard and we didn’t recruit them.

I read this a while ago. Thanks for the link!

I was a teammate of #44 - Paul Seymour III for 1 season. He was a Sr. my Jr. year. I had a great view of his dominance from the bench. Absolutely unbelievable shooter. Also played against Escho, (probably the best player I saw at the HS level) from Henninger and Tommy Gunn from Corcoran.

There is a ton of talent on that list.

The more I go and read on Torrence how the bleep did the staff let a kid from SYRACUSE who can play PG just go and not be recruited as a priority here?

I get we took Goodine but we could have gotten Torrence since he is a PG as well.

Buddy didn't approve

I think Kadary is a far better player than Symir.

Symir is a sophomore. His stats are not indicative of a huge talent. I believe his career scoring high so far is 6 points. I would say if he were on Syracuse, he would be getting almost no playing time. That would probably be true until he is a senior.

I rewound My TV when I heard Rece Davis sophomore from Syracuse New York.

I was shocked there’s a quality point guard in our backyard and we didn’t recruit them.

We had a recruiting thread on him if you are so inclined to skim through that

I was watching Marquette-North Carolina and one of Marquette’s players was from Syracuse, NY.
Symir Torrence.

I didn’t even know a kid from Syracuse was a top 100 recruit and don’t remember recruiting him.

We did. He and Buddy faced off in the Sectional Finals for Class A here a few years ago and then they both left for prep school.

Last edited:
That kid he got goes to High School 65 miles from campus.
And your point? He still got him! How many great players have we lost that were only 65 miles away? Still have to get em signed! Your point is stupid

And your point? He still got him! How many great players have we lost that were only 65 miles away? Still have to get em signed! Your point is stupid

mcDs I think 1

I was just going to post the same thing. I was unsure of how he’d do with no head coaching experience following Beilein but he’s absolutely crushing it for sure. One of the smartest things he did was get Martelli on his staff. He’s already got the street cred with recruits by being a member of the Fab 5 (kids do know about it even though it was almost 3 decades ago thanks to ESPN) and being a former teammate of LeBron. He’s doing what Harbough was supposed to do in football.

Good old Juwan was one year behind me at UMICH .. we frequented the same sand which shop (shout out LAs Club Cafe ) .. I talked to him a few times .. and he was the real deal in terms of being a legit nice / humble dude .. in fact most of the bball players were despite their high profiles ..

Now the football players were bung holes

I was JC Class of '98.

When Norwich played at JC, I believe we stole Lazor's sneakers. Something really dumb. Then Lazor lit us up. Win some, lose some.

That's crazy that King Rice did that, must have been awesome.

The biggest name I ever remember from the Stop DWI was when Lamar Odom came. I remember thinking he was the next Magic. Can't remember anyone bigger than him (during their time in HS that is).
I attended a Christmas tournament in Raleigh way back when that featured Penny Hardaway, Shawn Bradley and Rodney Rogers. Rogers’ team from Durham won the tournament.

Jabari Smith plays at my high school in GA and is “committed” to Auburn. Rumor around there is that he doesn’t touch the court there though. Dad is an ex-NBA’er
Very good player here in GA. Plays at a smaller 3A school. He has really good size but still lean for his frame. He is also cousins with Kwame Brown.

I wouldn't be surprised if he goes the G League route as he was considering playing overseas as well. You never know with Pearl though.. managed to get Okoro and Cooper to Auburn.. if even for a year.

Sigh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom