McGary... | Syracusefan.com

McGary...

Louie&Bouie

Scout Team
Is so impressive. I know he's struggled at times this year, but that kid is going to be one hell of a player, IMO.

Pretty dangerous from 15' in.

Is so impressive. I know he's struggled at times this year, but that kid is going to be one hell of a player, IMO.

He's a David lee clone. Both 6'10 ambidextrous white guys who are great rebounders and don't play much d.

I believe we recruited him pretty hard at one point.

The way people talk about him ("He always stays after practice, works so hard at his game, he's so gritty" etc, etc) I'd say he has a chance to be the next Tyler Hansbrough in terms of how he's perceived by the national media (glowlingly) and then by the general population (er, less, um, glowingly).

McGary was definitely an SU target at one point, but I don't think it ever got serious. I remember his name from all the recruiting discussions on this site a few years ago.

So who are we going to target with our zone? We are already taking away penetration from Burke and Hardaway with the zone. So do we mark up on Foreign-named Shooter or McGary?

So who are we going to target with our zone? We are already taking away penetration from Burke and Hardaway with the zone. So do we mark up on Foreign-named Shooter or McGary?

You mean Stauskas from Canada, lol? I still like the matchup vs them better than Florida. They won't know what hit them much like IU. Florida has small guards too so Syracuse should be a big upgrade in size. Do NOT let Michigan get running.

Hmmm. Maybe I was thinking of Tarczewski.
Never recruited Zeus as well. That was all Zona vs Kansas right there, and McGary was Michigan vs Duke as PeteCalvin mentioned.

Never recruited Zeus as well. That was all Zona vs Kansas right there, and McGary was Michigan vs Duke as PeteCalvin mentioned.
Wasn't Kentucky making a late push for McGary?

Wasn't Kentucky making a late push for McGary?

I think they tried to get in with McGary after losing out on Dajuan Coleman and another big.

McGary is a load. We're going to have to limit his touches this Saturday.

Out of my element, I guess. I did hear either Albert or Kerr say that McGary was ready to go to Florida but changed his mind at the last minute and went to UM.

I think they tried to get in with McGary after losing out on Dajuan Coleman and another big.

McGary is a load. We're going to have to limit his touches this Saturday.

Yep. I like him. Gonna have to sit on his left hand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom