McMurphy talks WVU to B12 settlement | Syracusefan.com

McMurphy talks WVU to B12 settlement

Seems weird that FSU would seek damages from a potential future conference partner.

What's # get's SU thinking about offering a buyout?

Seems weird that FSU would seek damages from a potential future conference partner.

$$$$

It is what SU should be doing. Sue the BE for damages to our product.

WVU will get out early. There is no doubt about that. They'll pay through the nose and burn all bridges with all their former conference mates, but they'll get out early.

I guess this is why one extra year doesn't bother me all that much. In the grand scheme of things, is one extra year all that big of a deal?

I posted about a month ago that WVU already had the $$$ and the intent to leave. They were simply waiting for the $$$ figure. This came from a connected WVU alum.

They had no intention of playing in the BE next season.

Do we get a cut of the WVU $20 million buyout? Let's apply it to our own buyout and get the hell out of dodge!

WVU will get out early. There is no doubt about that. They'll pay through the nose and burn all bridges with all their former conference mates, but they'll get out early.

I guess this is why one extra year doesn't bother me all that much. In the grand scheme of things, is one extra year all that big of a deal?

If you have to fill another game on your schedule with a second FCS opponent that doesn't count toward bowl eligibility, I would say yeah - it's kinda a big deal...

Syracuse has already put a FCS school on its schedule (Stony Brook) and still has an open slot to fill. The pool of available schools is pretty meh. Without West Virginia, not only would Syracuse have to fill ANOTHER spot on the schedule, but they'd be left with six conference games. Half of Syracuse's schedule will be non-con games and the chances that two of them will be against FCS schools is high.

...I beleive according to BE docs, 'Cuse and Pitt to do not any dollars from teams leaving or entering the BE. If this is the case, and the 'Cuse brand in hurt as well as financial losses, 'Cuse should sue the BE and leave. There really is no reason to stay...and I believe $$$ can be worked out so that the final cost is not worth talking about...the BE made many errors..some of which are harmful and hurtful to 'Cuse...therefore a suite is possible and winnable.

Mark Ennis (@Mengus22)
2/8/12 5:36 PM
RT @mikecasazza: Sources tell the Daily Mail WVU is moving fast toward finalizing settlement with Big East for $11 million. Story soon.

Mark Ennis (@Mengus22)
2/8/12 5:36 PM
RT @mikecasazza: Sources tell the Daily Mail WVU is moving fast toward finalizing settlement with Big East for $11 million. Story soon.
WVU: "Okay Marinara, we'll buy our way out for $24M."
Marinara: "We're not letting you out that easily! $20M, take it or leave it."
WVU: "Hm, $20M, OK, we'll take it."
Marinara: "Ingrates! You dare insult me? $11M is my final offer."
WVU: (throws $11M into the air and bolts without saying anything more)

At this rate we should wait until Valentine's Day. They'll be paying us to leave by then.

Probably 11 mil plus the original 5 mil so a total of 16 mil to leave. If that is the case call up the ACC and tell them to draw up a new schedule because we are on our way out also. I have to believe at that price we would leave also.

Probably 11 mil plus the original 5 mil so a total of 16 mil to leave. If that is the case call up the ACC and tell them to draw up a new schedule because we are on our way out also. I have to believe at that price we would leave also.
Can't wait to see what our options are for the board tailgate this year.

Don't let anyone kid you, the ACC has a couple schedules.

Sent from my DROIDX

Don't let anyone kid you, the ACC has a couple schedules.
Yup... there's an 8-game ACC schedule for all 14 teams ready to roll.

Agree

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom