MCW-National Assist Leader | Syracusefan.com

MCW-National Assist Leader

jmr4616

Walk On
MCW is leading the nation in assists per game as of this morning at 9.3. I don't think I am the only one who would say that he would probably be averaging double digits had the first game been played indoors. Pretty cool to see, and you gotta love it as a cuse fan.

MCW is leading the nation in assists per game as of this morning at 9.3. I don't think I am the only one who would say that he would probably be averaging double digits had the first game been played indoors. Pretty cool to see, and you gotta love it as a cuse fan.
Sweet!

Would love to see a repeat of what the General did - go for a new ncaa record.

He is also #3 in steals per game -- with 4.0 per game.

So much for him not being our point guard... he's going to have one of the best all time PG seasons on the hill.

He wasn't good enough to play last year though. Scoop was a much better player lol. It must have been hard for him to sit on the bench knowing he was the best player on the team last year. JB just didn't want him in the NBA that is obvious. any one who thinks otherwise is in denial.

He wasn't good enough to play last year though. Scoop was a much better player lol. It must have been hard for him to sit on the bench knowing he was the best player on the team last year. JB just didn't want him in the NBA that is obvious. any one who thinks otherwise is in denial.
in denial, huh?

He is also #3 in steals per game -- with 4.0 per game.

CTO...sorry to correct you and be so nit-picky...however he is tied for #2 in the nation in steals per game...:)

Yes it's almost comical that Scoop started and he sat the bench.

MCW has played VERY well this year. However i can see how he could have been turnover prone last year. What we needed was Scoops's steady hands.

Does it seem to people that Brandon has accepted that MCW is the true point guard? He said some complimentary things after the game yesterday.

Does it seem to people that Brandon has accepted that MCW is the true point guard? He said some complimentary things after the game yesterday.

"Next year, it will be MY team" - Brandon Triche...every year.

MCW has played VERY well this year. However i can see how he could have been turnover prone last year. What we needed was Scoops's steady hands.

Didn't MCW have like a 3-1 assist ratio?

MCW and Dion were the best 2 guards on the team last year.

Didn't MCW have like a 3-1 assist ratio?

MCW and Dion were the best 2 guards on the team last year.

a 3:1 ratio against who? he barely played. And really i don't know the numbers and i'm just talking out of my ass.

Not for nothing, but Mike got credited with the assist on the first basket of the game yesterday (Coleman's jumper) despite the fact that he never touched the ball on that possession. Triche drove, kicked out to C.J., and C.J. passed to Coleman on the baseline.

Wonder what the kid operating StatCrew (or whatever they use these days) was thinking. Hope they don't do that kind of thing very often. I've done the same job a million times and I know things get hectic and mistakes get made. We used to fix them after the fact, though, especially when they're as apparent as this one was.

Maybe they'll dial his total back to 12. I remember Etan Thomas being awarded a block in the 1999 UCLA game about a week afterward. He blocked a Dan Gadzuric shot very early, was never credited with it, and went the rest of the game with no blocks, snapping a pretty long streak of games with at least one block. Someone in our SID's office cared enough to check the tape and somehow modify the official statistics.

MCW has started off great, but Scoop was awesome last year and definitely should have started as he did. MCW is going to have some really tough games this yr where we would love if Scoop were still around. Scoop was our starting pg last yr and we were incredible in not turning the ball over. Lets revel in what MCW is doing this yr and his talent without bashing how good Scoop was in leading us to the elite eight a yr ago.

MCW has started off great, but Scoop was awesome last year and definitely should have started as he did. MCW is going to have some really tough games this yr where we would love if Scoop were still around. Scoop was our starting pg last yr and we were incredible in not turning the ball over. Lets revel in what MCW is doing this yr and his talent without bashing how good Scoop was in leading us to the elite eight a yr ago.

That's a good (first) post. Agree. Strange that people on here have so much difficulty praising one player without criticizing another.

l
That's a good (first) post. Agree. Strange that people on here have so much difficulty praising one player without criticizing another.[/quote

Look MCW didn't become great overnight. It was very obvious watching him play last year that he had the same amazing skill set that he does right now. I notice that no one is surprised by what he has accomplished so far. In-fact, I think that most people expected him to play like this. The reason for this is that everyone knew that he was this good. He should have been starting over Scoop last year. The ony reason he didn't is that JB didn't want him to be a one and done.

Where do you and MyMeloMyMan come up with this stuff? Somehow BT saying something complimentary is used against him?

When did BT say he was the starting pg? BT has played the 2g for a couple of years now. Most of us accept that BT will play where JB feels he is most useful. He has done it for years now.

Are you really implying that BTs praise for MCW is indicative of some type of character flaw? Wow.

The reason Scoop started last year was because Boeheim felt that offered the team the best chance to win the most games. And because Mike was not ready as a defender or a ball-handler. That's not to say that Mike was not clearly very talented or even shouldn't have gotten more minutes in some spots, but he was our fourth option last year.

You were waving that flag last season, but surely you remember the difficulties Mike had. I seem to recall a pair of major breakdowns in defensive transition in the first half of the first UConn game that you and I discussed.

He came in with a lot to learn. The team had no need to throw him out there when we had a very good (and experienced) point guard already on the roster.

Where do you and MyMeloMyMan come up with this stuff? Somehow BT saying something complimentary is used against him?

When did BT say he was the starting pg? BT has played the 2g for a couple of years now. Most of us accept that BT will play where JB feels he is most useful. He has done it for years now.

Are you really implying that BTs praise for MCW is indicative of some type of character flaw? Wow.

You should probably re-read what she wrote. That's not what those sentences look to imply.

Yes it's almost comical that Scoop started and he sat the bench.
cuz yeah, 17-1 BE clearly warrants second-guessing a year later.

if not for that worthless Scoop starting all those games, we woulda had a perfect season last year!!!

[quote="anglerman, post: 426062, member:

"JB just didn't want him in the NBA that is obvious. any one who thinks otherwise is in denial."

I would love to see you make that remark in person to JB. :rolleyes:

Not for nothing, but Mike got credited with the assist on the first basket of the game yesterday (Coleman's jumper) despite the fact that he never touched the ball on that possession. Triche drove, kicked out to C.J., and C.J. passed to Coleman on the baseline.

I believe that was fixed. At least the announcers on TV said something about how MCW had one less assist that they first announced because the first assist was credited to MCW when it should have been Fair.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom