MCW-National Assist Leader | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

MCW-National Assist Leader

Oh ya deragatory remarks? Youre out of your mind. He makes bad decisions too much on the court but i never get personal with any player, except josh wright if you call him sucking big time personal.

Not personal? I won't forget this one, because it was as immature a cheap shot as I've ever read on this board (and that's saying something). During one of the NIT games last November, Scoop was on the bench down the stretch and you came on here to gleefully claim "He looked like he was going to cry!"

I told you you were gutless then, and I'm sorry that this is coming up again.

No need to get snippy with me, no reason to tell me I'm out of my mind. We disagree; that's fine. There's no reason to be dishonest about things we've said in the past.

Not personal? I won't forget this one, because it was as immature a cheap shot as I've ever read on this board (and that's saying something). During one of the NIT games last November, Scoop was on the bench down the stretch and you came on here to gleefully claim "He looked like he was going to cry!"

I told you you were gutless then, and I'm sorry that this is coming up again.

No need to get snippy with me, no reason to tell me I'm out of my mind. We disagree; that's fine. There's no reason to be dishonest about things we've said in the past.
Yup youre right i did say that. He did look like he was going to cry. How is that a bad comment? I actually felt bad for him. You just decided to make it like i was happy for some sick reason.

Unless MCW was capable of guarding Jared Sullinger, last season would have most likely ended exactly how it did, regardless of how much playing time he got.
Ding Ding Ding!
Chicken dinner for you!

Jesus, he's leading the nation in assists after 3 cupcake games and a sideshow on an aircraft carrier. I'd absolutely love it if he was still in that number 1 spot come March, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here (I know, that's an impossible request for this board). Unless MCW was capable of guarding Jared Sullinger, last season would have most likely ended exactly how it did, regardless of how much playing time he got.
If the refs were fair we would of won.

Yup youre right i did say that. He did look like he was going to cry. How is that a bad comment? I actually felt bad for him. You just decided to make it like i was happy for some sick reason.

If I was mistaken, then I apologize.

Honestly, I enjoy a lot of your posts and I do wish that Mike had gotten more minutes last year (at whose expense I do not know). But we'll have to disagree on this one; I firmly believe that senior Scoop was a better all-around player than the Carter-Williams who got limited minutes last season. (We'll never know how things would have worked out if Mike had gotten starter's minutes, though I assume he'd have had a very good year and rounded into a much better player.)

If Mike's better than Scoop in four months, then we're in for a fun season.

Oh ya deragatory remarks? Youre out of your mind. He makes bad decisions too much on the court but i never get personal with any player, except josh wright if you call him sucking big time personal.

Well, you regularly took cheap shots at Triche last season, questioning his mental toughness and spreading innuendo. I'd consider that both "personal" and "derogatory."

Well, you regularly took cheap shots at Triche last season, questioning his mental toughness and spreading innuendo. I'd consider that both "personal" and "derogatory."
Of course you do.

Scoop was a better shooter last year; that's a hard number with which you can't argue. He was also a better defender and less prone to turn the ball over.

Also, don't pretend you didn't dislike Scoop; you're on record on here making all kinds of deragatory remarks about him. Nobody's holding that against you - I read your posts with an open mind - but you should own up to what you wrote.
None of what you said is true. MCW shoots much better than Scoop and did not turn the ball over last year. Youre dead wrong.

None of what you said is true. MCW shoots much better than Scoop and did not turn the ball over last year. Youre dead wrong.
MCW is also a much better defender lets not forget that little fact.

You lost this argument last year and I really don't care to discuss this again with you.

Mike shot 43.1% from the field last season. Scoop shot 47.4%.

Boeheim wouldn't play Mike because he wasn't comfortable with his ability to take the ball upcourt against pressure. Boeheim was comfortable with Scoop's ability to take the ball upcourt against pressure (and this paid off with the lowest season turnover numbers in over a decade).

Boeheim wouldn't play Mike because Mike routinely danced around in half-court defense, getting sucked into the lane and not being able to recover on shooters. Scoop knew where he needed to be on defense.

Boeheim wouldn't play Mike because Mike didn't know how to stop the ball in transition and frequently got caught with his back turned to a developing play. (Again, one example of this was the consecutive defensive breakdowns in the Connecticut game on 11 February that led to Mike's screaming fit on the court. You whined about Mike's removal on here until I pointed out the exact plays that got him pulled from the game, at which point you stopped responding to the thread. Yes, I remember when people try to argue about things that are contradicted by video evidence.) Scoop, again, knew where he needed to be on defense.

Enough with this foolishness. Boeheim, along with 99% of the people on this board, don't give a s--- about a kid's NBA potential. What matters is what he can do in the here and now. For Mike, last season, each of those things was worse than what Scoop could do. So Scoop played and Mike sat on the bench.

You lost this argument last year and I really don't care to discuss this again with you.

Mike shot 43.1% from the field last season. Scoop shot 47.4%.

Boeheim wouldn't play Mike because he wasn't comfortable with his ability to take the ball upcourt against pressure. Boeheim was comfortable with Scoop's ability to take the ball upcourt against pressure (and this paid off with the lowest season turnover numbers in over a decade).

Boeheim wouldn't play Mike because Mike routinely danced around in half-court defense, getting sucked into the lane and not being able to recover on shooters. Scoop knew where he needed to be on defense.

Boeheim wouldn't play Mike because Mike didn't know how to stop the ball in transition and frequently got caught with his back turned to a developing play. (Again, one example of this was the consecutive defensive breakdowns in the Connecticut game on 11 February that led to Mike's screaming fit on the court. You whined about Mike's removal on here until I pointed out the exact plays that got him pulled from the game, at which point you stopped responding to the thread. Yes, I remember when people try to argue about things that are contradicted by video evidence.) Scoop, again, knew where he needed to be on defense.

Enough with this foolishness. Boeheim, along with 99% of the people on this board, don't give a s--- about a kid's NBA potential. What matters is what he can do in the here and now. For Mike, last season, each of those things was worse than what Scoop could do. So Scoop played and Mike sat on the bench.
Your'e actually kind of funny. like scoop never had any What Plays last season or over his entire career. I also saw MCW play fantastic for 5 minutes on both ends of the court and get pulled to not see the court again.

I said he was the best player on the team last year and it's looking like I was right. MCW is an amazing talent and should have been playing a lot more than he did. The only reason he didn't is JB didn't want him jumping to the NBA.

I for one will always wonder why Nick Resavy did not get any playing time during the last couple of years. There is a YouTube video that shows him swishing three pointers without even looking at the basket and drilling bombs from half and three-quarters court. I suspect it's because Boeheim wanted to stifle a long career in the pros so Resavy could serve as a grad assistant this year.

A lot of that is true. Especially the bit about focusing too much on records. Just because we went 34-3 does not mean that Boeheim necessarily made the correct player personnel decisions.

It is possible that we could have started Mike, given Scoop the Michael Edwards treatment, and won a national championship. Mike would have probably improved immensely between November and April if he'd been given 30 minutes a game. Or he would have blown out his knee before Thanksgiving. Who knows?

Fact is, he would have suffered from growing pains and the team certainly would have lost some games as he grew on the job. Perhaps that growth would have been worth it in the long run. As long as Boeheim is the coach, the point is moot. When he has a choice, he's going to go with the experienced player. That's what he did; I think it was a good choice and gave us a darn good chance to be the last one standing.

For all our flaws, guard play (especially point guard play) was not one of them. Scoop was our steadiest and most valuable guy last year, and that includes the Ohio State game. Not sure what Mike would have accomplished as Scoop's replacement that night.
That being said I guess Edelin should have started and not Duany. There is more to coaching than just starting the 5 most talented players. Its about confidence, ego, maturity, combinations, chemistry, unity, etc. So you bench Scoop the Sr., who has done nothing but be a VERY GOOD college player, great in the classroom and community, for an unproven freshman. How does the team react? How does Scoop react? How do recruits and parents from Philly react when JB comes calling? How does that mesh with JB's message?

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

That being sais I guess Edelin should have started and not Duany. There is more to coaching than just starting the 5 most talented players. Its about confidence, ego, maturity, combinations, chemistry, unity, etc. So you bench Scoop the Sr., who has done nothing but be a VERY GOOD college player, great in the classroom and community for an unproven freshman. How does the team react? How doea Scoop react? How do recruits and parents from Philly react when JB comea calling? How does that mesh with JB's message.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Huh?

MCW has started off great, but Scoop was awesome last year and definitely should have started as he did. MCW is going to have some really tough games this yr where we would love if Scoop were still around. Scoop was our starting pg last yr and we were incredible in not turning the ball over. Lets revel in what MCW is doing this yr and his talent without bashing how good Scoop was in leading us to the elite eight a yr ago.

Everytime i see a brand new poster i worry it may be FlaSteve from the post standard infiltrating us. This post proves that you are quite the opposite. Well stated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom