MCW not too popular with NBA fans... | Syracusefan.com

MCW not too popular with NBA fans...

jekelish

Living Legend
It's funny, I've been checking out some NBA fan sites for teams I've heard rumored to be interested (within the last 20 minutes, the Pelicans, Pistons, and Suns) and it's kind of eye opening to see how much those fanbases pretty much unanimously do NOT want MCW with their team's picks. The Pistons obviously want Burke (or McCollum), the Pelicans seem like they pretty much hate MCW, and the Suns don't want him but seem a little warmer to him.

EDIT: Just looked at the Jazz, they don't want him either.

Of the teams I've looked at, it's funny that the Mavericks, who are absolutely not keeping the #13 pick, are the only fanbase that seems to actually like him that I've seen.

How much do their opinions matter? They don't. Still, I hope MCW blows up and wins Rookie of the Year to shut up the clowns bagging on him based on, I'm assuming, a very minimal sample size and a few scouting reports.

I get it. For better or worse, SU has had some lotto picks bust the last few years, and I can see being wary of a guard who shot like he did last year and didn't play man to man D.

Nothing is that simple, grant you. But I can see it

It's funny, I've been checking out some NBA fan sites for teams I've heard rumored to be interested (within the last 20 minutes, the Pelicans, Pistons, and Suns) and it's kind of eye opening to see how much those fanbases pretty much unanimously do NOT want MCW with their team's picks. The Pistons obviously want Burke (or McCollum), the Pelicans seem like they pretty much hate MCW, and the Suns don't want him but seem a little warmer to him.

Of the teams I've looked at, it's funny that the Mavericks, who are absolutely not keeping the #13 pick, are the only fanbase that seems to actually like him that I've seen.

How much do their opinions matter? They don't. Still, I hope MCW blows up and wins Rookie of the Year to shut up the clowns bagging on him based on, I'm assuming, a very minimal sample size and a few scouting reports.

its funny that Phoenix fans like him a little more, they have the best reason to dislike him. The Suns took a point guard in the back half of the lottery last year, found out he couldn't shoot, and now are in the market for a new PG. Seems like that would put them off the MCW scent, as shooting is the biggest hole in his game.

c'mon guys...some love for MCW...although I still like Triche...omg...don't forget a DW as in Dion...a SG who was on NBA all rookie team. He could not shoot distance at 'Cuse but was able to drive. MCW is a better passer, as good a driver, as poor a shooter...but as good a defender..if Dion was a top 10 pick...so is MCW.

c'mon guys...some love for MCW...although I still like Triche...omg...don't forget a DW as in Dion...a SG who was on NBA all rookie team. He could not shoot distance at 'Cuse but was able to drive. MCW is a better passer, as good a driver, as poor a shooter...but as good a defender..if Dion was a top 10 pick...so is MCW.

I like MCW, but he's not Dion. First just because they are completely different players in general, but man, Dion is 20x the scorer MCW is. Scoring is a more valuable commodity in the NBA than being tall and having good court vision, unfortunately.

Oh, and MCW's driving ability is not on the same level as Dion's. Dion is also a better shooter. Don't just think about 3's, look at his mid range game and it's not even close really at this point in their respective careers. Dion might have been in the running for the #1 pick in this year's draft if he had stayed another year.

I like MCW, but he's not Dion. First just because they are completely different players in general, but man, Dion is 20x the scorer MCW is. Scoring is a more valuable commodity in the NBA than being tall and having good court vision, unfortunately.

Oh, and MCW's driving ability is not on the same level as Dion's. Dion is also a better shooter. Don't just think about 3's, look at his mid range game and it's not even close really at this point in their respective careers. Dion might have been in the running for the #1 pick in this year's draft if he had stayed another year.

Yeah I agree with most of this. Not sure a junior guard his size is going #1, but he is much more dynamic with the ball in his hands than MCW is

Overall I don't see anyone giddy about the picks this year. Maybe they are negative towards MCW but no one is salivating over the prospects as in a good draft most of these guys would be late lottery at best...

And i completely agree about MCW vs Dion. Personally I think Dion will have a better career than Kyrie... call me crazy...

Yeah I agree with most of this. Not sure a junior guard his size is going #1, but he is much more dynamic with the ball in his hands than MCW is

I agree the size would probably hinder him. That also just made me realize that, push comes to shove, for some reason if I had to compare Dion to anyone it might be Steve Francis.

I think MCW will be very good if a team is patient with him, but unless his shot and dribble improves significantly by the time the season starts, he's not ready yet.

I'm a Maverick fan, and saw on the fan page on facebook, they want MCW, they really want him.

I'm a Maverick fan, and saw on the fan page on facebook, they want MCW, they really want him.

Yeah, I live an hour from Dallas and my wife's family is from Dallas, so I've been looking at their fan forum for a couple months once I realized he may fall to them and they desperately need a point guard.

That said, there's like a 5% chance they actually keep the pick.

Yeah, I live an hour from Dallas and my wife's family is from Dallas, so I've been looking at their fan forum for a couple months once I realized he may fall to them and they desperately need a point guard.

That said, there's like a 5% chance they actually keep the pick.
Collison is good, Mike James is old, Roddy is more of a combo, Morrow is a SG, I though Cunningham would get a shot, but who knows.

If they get MCW they better work hard to get Howard. Opping it all day.

Trey Burke wouldn't be half as popular had he not gone off on Kansas...or been called for what should have been a foul against MCW at half court. The team that takes MCW will have a gem in two years. Burke has reached his ceiling.

Collison is good, Mike James is old, Roddy is more of a combo, Morrow is a SG, I though Cunningham would get a shot, but who knows.

If they get MCW they better work hard to get Howard. Opping it all day.

I was thinking about this earlier as I was listening to ESPN Radio in Dallas, and as a fan, tell me what you think...

Dallas wants to trade the 13, basically. They also want to make a run at Howard.

Boston wants to pick up a second 1st round pick, and is shopping Pierce like crazy.

Why not a deal like this:

Dallas gets: Paul Pierce
Boston gets: #13, Roddy B (or someone), and a future pick?

I mean, Boston is trying to get younger, Dallas is trying to make one last run with Dirk, and the prospect of Pierce and Dirk has to sound more appealing to Dwight than just Dirk.

If Dallas then wants a point guard, they can try to sign Jarrett Jack as has been rumored, or take someone who slips (Wolters?) or package something else for another PG to either challenge or back up Collison.

Honestly...is there anyone being more overlooked than Gorgei Dgieng (sp?)

I was thinking about this earlier as I was listening to ESPN Radio in Dallas, and as a fan, tell me what you think...

Dallas wants to trade the 13, basically. They also want to make a run at Howard.

Boston wants to pick up a second 1st round pick, and is shopping Pierce like crazy.

Why not a deal like this:

Dallas gets: Paul Pierce
Boston gets: #13, Roddy B (or someone), and a future pick?

I mean, Boston is trying to get younger, Dallas is trying to make one last run with Dirk, and the prospect of Pierce and Dirk has to sound more appealing to Dwight than just Dirk.

If Dallas then wants a point guard, they can try to sign Jarrett Jack as has been rumored, or take someone who slips (Wolters?) or package something else for another PG to either challenge or back up Collison.

Dallas also wants to get rid of Marion and his 8 mill a year contract. If they can package him too that would be great. So maybe a trade consisting of...

Dallas gets: Pierce and a second round pick
Boston gets: 13, Roddy and Marion, and maybe a 2015 second round pick.

Lets not forget Pierce and Dirk are the same age...35

A future team of Collison, Mayo, Pierce, Dirk, Howard...Wishful thinking I know. I'm not the trade genius that knows how these work out with cap and all these other rules or anything neither.
But if we can go through in the deal with your proposed deal I wouldn't be mad. Who knows if they want Roddy, would make a good backup.

Dallas also wants to get rid of Marion and his 8 mill a year contract. If they can package him too that would be great. So maybe a trade consisting of...

Dallas gets: Pierce and a second round pick
Boston gets: 13, Roddy and Marion, and maybe a 2015 second round pick.

Lets not forget Pierce and Dirk are the same age...35

A future team of Collison, Mayo, Pierce, Dirk, Howard...Wishful thinking I know. I'm not the trade genius that knows how these work out with cap and all these other rules or anything neither.
But if we can go through in the deal with your proposed deal I wouldn't be mad. Who knows if they want Roddy, would make a good backup.

I think that makes sense both ways and I was going to throw in Marion before but I know the Celtics want to get younger so I'm not sure they'd be willing to take him and his contract on.

Lets face it...He had some bad games with a lot of people watching. Michigan, obviously. The 39 point GTown game, even the win at Louisville he had like 8 turnovers.

If I had only watched Syracuse a few times and had seen some of those games, I wouldn't want him either.

Chad Ford's FINAL mock draft (7.3) has MCW sliding to Dallas and the Mavs keeping the pick if that happens.

Anyone feeling a Southerland pick tonight? He is rated as the 12th small forward in the draft. I hope some team out there will take him for his range. Still holding onto hope Triche hears his name as well. Syracuse getting lottery picks is great, but our other players are deserving as well. We are now moving into elite status as a program, time for the nba to take notice. Stand up Syracuse!!

I think that makes sense both ways and I was going to throw in Marion before but I know the Celtics want to get younger so I'm not sure they'd be willing to take him and his contract on.

Even if we put him in the trade and they then release him, it's win win win for all three parties really...Dallas gets rid of his contract, Boston releases him, they want youth, and SM then gets to pick where he wants to go...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom