Mea Culpa | Syracusefan.com

Mea Culpa

Niastri

Two Time Iggy Award Winner: Edwards for Three!
I'll admit, I was so down on this team, I didn't make much effort to watch the game tonight... I didn't even turn it on until the last 4 minutes, having a bunch of other things to deal with.

I only turned it on to check the final score, expecting a similar blowout loss as last time we played UNC.

I was surprised to see that we were only down 4 points, 71-67, and Mintz had just been fouled. Holy $&); we could win this game!

Then, after two made free throws, they put the score for the wrong team!

That's right, I was so sure we couldn't win, my mind still thought we were losing even though we were ahead.

I'm sorry for losing faith.

Mea Culpa.

I'll admit, I was so down on this team, I didn't make much effort to watch the game tonight... I didn't even turn it on until the last 4 minutes, having a bunch of other things to deal with.

I only turned it on to check the final score, expecting a similar blowout loss as last time we played UNC.

I was surprised to see that we were only down 4 points, 71-67, and Mintz had just been fouled. Holy $&); we could win this game!

That's right, I was so sure we couldn't win, my mind still thought we were losing even though we were ahead.

Mea Culpa.
While we are making confessions, I dvr the game and start watching at around the half. I fly through the commercials. Well, I admit that I snuck in to the board to see if we were still doing well. Then I went back to the game.

Mea Culpa.
Ditto.

Mea Culpa.
We turned the game on at literally the exact same time. I feel ashamed.

I woke up with 10 minutes left in second half.
You beat me.

It was a very good time to start watching the game. Lots of excitement, but no "Paul Harris dribbling against the press under his own basket in the last minute of a tight game" moments.

I was shoveling snow, then came inside and realized it was 8pm and I had probably missed the only part of the game I would be able to delude myself into thinking we could win. I checked the score, expecting to be down big. I saw 42-42 at half and yelled "Oh s***!!!" so loud my wife thought something was wrong as I went running to put a Cuse shirt on and get to the TV.

Mea Culpa.
You are forgiven.

While we are making confessions, I dvr the game and start watching at around the half. I fly through the commercials. Well, I admit that I snuck in to the board to see if we were still doing well. Then I went back to the game.
Anyone who dvr’d this won’t have to sit through the last 2 minutes of reviews which felt like an entire half.

I'm part of the DVR crowd - commercial and talking head free hoops are fun to watch !!!

Mea Culpa.
I was going start a post also asking for forgiveness. This afternoon I was going to start a thread asking what people thought the final spread was going to be, figuring UNC by 20+. Oh I am so bad. I need forgiveness to be able to enjoy watching the on replay. And how nuts this forum is going to be over next couple of days.

I was going start a post also asking for forgiveness. This afternoon I was going to start a thread asking what people thought the final spread was going to be, figuring UNC by 20+. Oh I am so bad. I need forgiveness to be able to enjoy watching the on replay. And how nuts this forum is going to be over next couple of days.
Hey, I used a sinus infection to avoid this game! And I was secretly relieved I didn’t “have” to go. And I kept apologizing to my daughter’s boyfriend for him “having” to take my place.

Forgive me, Lord, for I have sinned. Plenty.

Anyone who dvr’d this won’t have to sit through the last 2 minutes of reviews which felt like an entire half.
The refs are too old, too out of shape and too afraid to make a call. Not sure why they reviewed JJ's three or Quadir's sideline play when the ref was two feet from there. But how did they not get he Ryan intentional on Maliq correct.

7:30 left for me. A victim of faith slipping away.

Mea Culpa.
Thanks for your honesty. I’m so confused by our fanbase. Some of the blowouts aside, this year’s team is demonstrably better, more athletic and talented than either of the teams from the past two years, which were essentially .500 teams. We just don’t have great shooters. The guards drive the ball much better than the past few years. Red is making a mark in his first season. The injuries to Chance and McLeod hurt our depth and size, and Benny’s lack of progression/development and him eventually getting kicked off the team has really hurt our ceiling. I like the longterm upside of a team comprised mostly of sophomores, especially if we can get one or two key players from the portal in the offseason, but we have to be patient.

Mea Culpa.
I'd like to see a mea culpa from one of the folks who said there is one on the roster they care about returning. Not bloody likely.

Thanks for your honesty. I’m so confused by our fanbase. Some of the blowouts aside, this year’s team is demonstrably better, more athletic and talented than either of the teams from the past two years, which were essentially .500 teams. We just don’t have great shooters. The guards drive the ball much better than the past few years. Red is making a mark in his first season. The injuries to Chance and McLeod hurt our depth and size, and Benny’s lack of progression/development and him eventually getting kicked off the team has really hurt our ceiling. I like the longterm upside of a team comprised mostly of sophomores, especially if we can get one or two key players from the portal in the offseason, but we have to be patient.
It's a much better eye test team than say it out loud team. They can't shoot, rebound, or defend. "Other than that Mrs Lincoln..".
But I always think we're gonna win vs other mediocre teams like BC/FSU based on what the Guards are capable of as seen last night. Plus Brown & Q are so slick.

The team deserves a lot of respect for the win last night against a team that curb stomped them a month ago.

But with honesty people should take this game with a grain of salt. We were hitting TOUGH shots all night that the rest of the season hasn't fallen as at a high percentage as they did last night. In my opinion even though last night was great, I think it's fools gold for this team this season. Unless they start taking better, easier shots consistently.

The team deserves a lot of respect for the win last night against a team that curb stomped them a month ago.

But with honesty people should take this game with a grain of salt. We were hitting TOUGH shots all night that the rest of the season hasn't fallen as at a high percentage as they did last night. In my opinion even though last night was great, I think it's fools gold for this team this season. Unless they start taking better, easier shots consistently.
you're not wrong, but at the same time this is UNC. They are best defensive team in the ACC and the only way you win is making tough shots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom