Mea Culpa | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Mea Culpa

The team deserves a lot of respect for the win last night against a team that curb stomped them a month ago.

But with honesty people should take this game with a grain of salt. We were hitting TOUGH shots all night that the rest of the season hasn't fallen as at a high percentage as they did last night. In my opinion even though last night was great, I think it's fools gold for this team this season. Unless they start taking better, easier shots consistently.
I actually felt like we got a ton of good looks and the whole game just appeared to be in flow. Very few shots were forced. Yes we hit a high percentage, but most of the shots weren't heavily contested.

I'll admit, I was so down on this team, I didn't make much effort to watch the game tonight... I didn't even turn it on until the last 4 minutes, having a bunch of other things to deal with.

I only turned it on to check the final score, expecting a similar blowout loss as last time we played UNC.

I was surprised to see that we were only down 4 points, 71-67, and Mintz had just been fouled. Holy $&); we could win this game!

Then, after two made free throws, they put the score for the wrong team!

That's right, I was so sure we couldn't win, my mind still thought we were losing even though we were ahead.

I'm sorry for losing faith.

Mea Culpa.
Dislike, see ya, no buy, bye

DVRing the game and starting 30-45 minutes later is a great way to watch a basketball game especially if you have kids. Even if Syracuse is getting killed I still watch the entire game. Hopefully I never get discouraged enough to not watch every Syracuse game. Syracuse basketball is the only sport like that for me.

With all the down time, I have a hard time watching NFL games live unless it's a big game I really want to see live or the game is just on in the background. You can DVR an NFL game and save an hour of your time fast forwarding through all the commercials, half time and replay reviews.

Young kids today almost will never watch an entire sporting event. It's all about highlights. It will be interesting to see how broadcasting sports changes in the future.

DVRing the game and starting 30-45 minutes later is a great way to watch a basketball game especially if you have kids. Even if Syracuse is getting killed I still watch the entire game. Hopefully I never get discouraged enough to not watch every Syracuse game. Syracuse basketball is the only sport like that for me.

With all the down time, I have a hard time watching NFL games live unless it's a big game I really want to see live or the game is just on in the background. You can DVR an NFL game and save an hour of your time fast forwarding through all the commercials, half time and replay reviews.

Young kids today almost will never watch an entire sporting event. It's all about highlights. It will be interesting to see how broadcasting sports changes in the future.
Exactly what I do. Put my daughter to bed, then fire up the DVR. Don't check the score or social media and it's all live to me, only it takes an hour and 15 minutes.

Exactly what I do. Put my daughter to bed, then fire up the DVR. Don't check the score or social media and it's all live to me, only it takes an hour and 15 minutes.
Yup, when I had the kids at home or worked late, I would watch the game on the DVR and if someone texted me I would respond, “Not in real time!”

The most ridiculous thing I ever did was during the Big East Tournament where we won the entire thing. The first game was Cincinnati. Why oh why didn’t I take the afternoon off? Anyway, I had a big sign on my office door: DON’T TELL ME THE SCORE! I was a therapist, but so much for the “blank slate“ ideal. Anyway, many of my clients were SU fans as well. So I finish my sessions and run out of the office. I heard some of the staff say, “There she goes! Don’t tell her.” No one in the elevator. Good! Don’t listen to the radio! People start to call me. I pick up and yell, “I’m not in real time!”

Gerry McNamara won the game on a last second 3 and I was as rapturous as I would have been in real time.

The most ridiculous thing I ever did was during the Big East Tournament where we won the entire thing. The first game was Cincinnati. Why oh why didn’t I take the afternoon off?
I skipped a class to watch that game and I think it made me lose a couple points or something, it wasn't a class you could just no-show and get away with it (as opposed to most).

Anyway, I consider it one of the best decisions I made in my four years on the hill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom