Meathead Dazzler | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Meathead Dazzler

The biggest decline in manners and morals in is the current ruling class. Don't blame that on younger people.
I think it actually crosses all socioeconomic demographics. I see it in everyday things like people picking up their trash at fast food restaurants or people making sure their kids don't wander aimlessly at stores, getting in the way, to the twitter nonsense with both politicians and normal people.

My big takeaway is you all need to complain less about this generation or last and who works harder and less, who has more manners or less. I’ve met people throughout the generations who suck and who are unbelievable.
Regarding work ethic, it should actually decrease to some extent if we live in a progressive society. Things SHOULD be easier now than 1850 or 1950.

Be nice, be kind to each other and try your best. I’m sure this generation is as strong as any before it if called upon

Regarding Addazio, I like that guy. From those I know on the Heights he’s well liked. His results on field will be the deciding factor.

I think it actually crosses all socioeconomic demographics. I see it in everyday things like people picking up their trash at fast food restaurants or people making sure their kids don't wander aimlessly at stores, getting in the way, to the twitter nonsense with both politicians and normal people.

In the 60s and 70s it was completely acceptable for people to chuck garbage out the window of their car. People have always been jerks, it’s not worse now. It just is.

I'm not sure if the female attorneys I work with who have dealt with old men calling them "honey" and"sweetie," and referring to them as "girls" would agree that younger generations have worse manners than older generations.

Morals and manners are a matter of perspective. I consider a lot of things that some people decry as PC with respect to treating people with respect, not being creepy with women, etc. to be good for society. And that all goes to manners and morals. Ironically, a lot of people who complain about being too PC are also quick to complain that society just isn't as polite as it used to be.

Last edited:
My son played in a USTA tourney last weekend (he's 11). I was watching him play on one court while keeping an eye on a match on the adjoining court. The 2nd seed in the tourney - great player - repeatedly and obviously called balls out. And he repeatedly questioned the other kid's line calls - even though the other kid was playing fairly. I started talking with the dad of the kid who was on the wrong side of the bad calls. The dad said that the kid was known for this. And that his parents were jerks.

I actually walked over to the dad of the kid who was cheating. I asked him - "is this the impression you really want your 12 year old to make? He's easily winning the match. What's the point?" The dude looked at me for a second. Looked back at his son. Then said - "F#$% off." I shook my head and wandered off.

The whole thing really bummed me out. Tennis isn't exactly MMA.
My kid played USTA and saw that type of crap back 15 years ago by a few spoiled rich kids (not all but a few). I knew he (my son) wasn't going to get a scholie in Tennis (Title IX) or play professionally. Had a talk with him and asked if he wanted to keep doing USTA tournies. He said, "not really". Long story, short...he closed down the sports channel (just played HS) to college and opened up another one.

Yesterday he landed his jet just before this one. I think he chose well. I hope parents realize there are many avenues for your kids...not just sports

Last edited:
I'm at my 4th graders elementary school 'fun day' on Monday. the kids are involved in a playground kickball game (ya know with the big red rubber ball) and there are literally 2 Dad's screaming at their 4th graders to do better - no exaggeration - screaming and yelling (catch it, get him out, throw it, kick it harder blah blah blah). Playground kickball. So the cake was the 4th grade girl who dropped a pop up and her Dad screams at her "and you call yourself a softball player"...I just about spit up and I wanted to go punch the guy in the face. Dude it's a 4th grade playground kickball game. What on earth have we become? Fun days for kids I don't think are so fun anymore.

These two aren't being rasied as delicate flowers but holy cripe this is the complete opposite end of the spectrum.
Most parents didn't even come to the playdays at the end of the school year when I was in school.

It's sad now how parents' self esteems are so tied to their kids success, whether that be academics, athletics, arts, etc. I would say the helicopter parenting got it's start with baby boomer patents and their gen-x (me) kids. I think it has become worse over time. And it manifests itself in a number of different ways from parents doing everyrhing for their kids so they never fail to pushing their kids so hard they have breakdowns or rebel. I've heard a lot of parenting experts talk about it and am doing my best with my young kids to strike that balance of support while leaving room for failure that builds resilience. I recognize that I could easily fall into helicoptering if I'm not careful.

I'm not sure if the female attorneys I work with who have dealt with old men calling them "honey" and"sweetie," and referring to them as "girls" would agree that younger generations have worse manners than older generations.

Morals and manners are a matter of perspective. I consider a lot of things that some people decry as PC with respect to treating people with respect, not being creepy with women, etc. to be good for society. And that all goes to manners and morals. Ironically, a lot of people who complain about being too PC are also quick to complain that society just isn't as polite as it used to be.
Not all morals and manners are a matter of perspective. For example putting others first is universally polite. How that manifests itself can change.

My son played in a USTA tourney last weekend (he's 11). I was watching him play on one court while keeping an eye on a match on the adjoining court. The 2nd seed in the tourney - great player - repeatedly and obviously called balls out. And he repeatedly questioned the other kid's line calls - even though the other kid was playing fairly. I started talking with the dad of the kid who was on the wrong side of the bad calls. The dad said that the kid was known for this. And that his parents were jerks.

I actually walked over to the dad of the kid who was cheating. I asked him - "is this the impression you really want your 12 year old to make? He's easily winning the match. What's the point?" The dude looked at me for a second. Looked back at his son. Then said - "F#$% off." I shook my head and wandered off.

The whole thing really bummed me out. Tennis isn't exactly MMA.

Tennis. Parents. Can. Be. The. Worst.

Here's some more Dazzler stuff from players

"He has gotten progressively better since players called a meeting with him to call him out on his bullsh!!."

Yeah, I'm as old as a Millennial can be.

They actually call what I belong to a "micro-generation," with the nickname The Oregon Trail Generation. Kinda that border between X and Millennials.

Does this mean that you're doomed to die from cholera?

I've been out searching for more H0T Takes. But sadly I could only bring 100 lbs worth of scorchers back to my laptop.

I am in the scissors generation ( old SU FB play). That’s where my kid now treats me as if he is the parent. Given the tech changes...thank the lord.

If I did it over...I would concentrate on only one sport. And that sport would be golf. It’s the game you can play forever, meet people ( it’s played by both sexes and frequently together) helps in business where it’s who you know not what you know.

If I did it over...I would concentrate on only one sport. And that sport would be golf. It’s the game you can play forever, meet people ( it’s played by both s e xes and frequently together) helps in business where it’s who you know not what you know.
You need to take up Pickleball and head to Florida to scoop up all the 55 year old ladies aging into The Villages. ;-)

Bottom line is I’ve sat and spoke w Addazio
Been to camps he is a guy you can leave your kid with for 4 years ! Dino’s charec

true , but The easiest thing to do is have manners and morals and they are certainly on the decline .

I’m not so sure. I don’t worry about manners. Morals are funny - some would say past generations had better morals but racism, gender discrimination, etc were all way worse.

My grandfather served in WWII, had a heart of gold, was a part of the “greatest generation” but called our Cuse basketball guys who had dark skin some choice words.

My son wouldn’t dare - doesn’t see color but def misses a please and thank you from time to time

Hear me out here but has anyone considered the possibility that the Dazzler just makes sure he’s super nice when he has visitors from outside the program?

Hear me out here but has anyone considered the possibility that the Dazzler just makes sure he’s super nice when he has visitors from outside the program?

Exactly. If you can tell the guy is a d bag on a recruiting trip - he’s the easy mark. Not one of these guys is perfect - Dino included - but I was not surprised by the initial tweet. Or that parents liked him generally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom