Meathead Football | Syracusefan.com

Meathead Football

Nick44

All Conference
Props to BC on a good season, better than us; but man I do not miss meathead football.

Would rather go 4-8 with a program that has a chance to grow to something much bigger than the year after year mediocrity that meathead football gets you. Not to mention I don’t miss having a HC with zero personality and 100% arrogance. Half the BC coaching staff represented that same mentality at Syracuse from 1992-2015

Props to BC on a good season, better than us; but man I do not miss meathead football.

Would rather go 4-8 with a program that has a chance to grow to something much bigger than the year after year mediocrity that meathead football gets you. Not to mention I don’t miss having a HC with zero personality and 100% arrogance. Half the BC coaching staff represented that same mentality at Syracuse from 1992-2015

I miss being in Bowl games.

You call it meat head football but do you see spread uptempo in the NFL? It’s also freezing cold in a baseball stadium. How well would our offense do in that environment?
The Rams run a ton of spread concepts and use tempo a ton and have become one of the most dynamic offenses in the NFL. Jeff Fisher wanted to play meathead football and wasted the Gurley/Goff combo.

See im old fashion in the fact that i loved watching that game. They were running over and double tight with smashmouth mentality which is meathead football. Reminds me of how much i miss plating football.

U can run tempo and still smashmouth it. Rams are running a little of everything. U cant play in nfl without playing some smashmouth. But spreading it out a bit and running jet also helps keeping everyone on defense off a bit.

The Rams run a ton of spread concepts and use tempo a ton and have become one of the most dynamic offenses in the NFL. Jeff Fisher wanted to play meathead football and wasted the Gurley/Goff combo.
The LA Rams are awesome. I have an unapologetic man-crush on McVay. That city doesn't even remotely deserve a team like that.

See im old fashion in the fact that i loved watching that game. They were running over and double tight with smashmouth mentality which is meathead football. Reminds me of how much i miss plating football.
Recently I YouTubed the 97 Fiesta Bowl versus Kansas State. That team had more talent on it than any Syracuse team in the last 10 years combined and still couldn’t muster more than 8-9 wins. Something like 6-7 first round draft picks on that team.

Point being is that system/mentality limited the potential of that team and many others. Stubbornness to change.

U cant play in nfl without playing some smashmouth.
That's why I have no interest / love for smash mouth football in college. In the NFL, there's only so much you an do because everyone is unbelievably fast and strong, so there's only so much you can do with your offensive system. In college, there's far more inexperience and talent disparity, allowing for teams to be more creative. It's much more fun that way.

I like the faster paced offense, more passing, & hope we can be an attractive program for skilled players, and make a decent bowl game.

Still, take a look at BC and what they accomplished with a true frosh RB, and (before injuries) a Rs-F QB. Once they put it together (mid-October), BC was 5 and 1, beating 4 ACC opponents, and averaging 40 points in its wins. The next time SU strings together 40 point wins to close out a season will be ...?? And then we can look down on meathead football.

They did have a good season but they weren't true to their arrogant run oriented ways in the 4th quarter, threw two interceptions and lost to a team from the lowly B1G.

Iowa vs Boston College - FBS Football

I'm quite happy with HCDB and our tempo offense, but Coach Addazio is actually quite personable and passionate. He's just an old time football coach, and there's nothing wrong with that if you can make it interesting for the fans.

I like the faster paced offense, more passing, & hope we can be an attractive program for skilled players, and make a decent bowl game.

Still, take a look at BC and what they accomplished with a true frosh RB, and (before injuries) a Rs- QB. Once they put it together (mid-October), BC was 5 and 1, beating 4 ACC opponents, and averaging 40 points in its wins. The next time SU strings together 40 point wins to close out a season will be ...?? And then we can look down on meathead football.
Pfft. We can look down on it now.

It's to our benefit that BC is Northeast meathead, and we want them to be just good enough at it that they stick with it. That way we aren't competing for recruits and we both have differentiated identities.

I agree is that the year we had almost beat Tennessee in the dome. If it is, yeah we had 6-7 1st round picks but we also had a head coach that always played safe and never took chances which I guess is meathead football. I guess ur kinda right. Ok so I wanna do what philly and the rams do then

Recently I YouTubed the 97 Fiesta Bowl versus Kansas State. That team had more talent on it than any Syracuse team in the last 10 years combined and still couldn’t muster more than 8-9 wins. Something like 6-7 first round draft picks on that team.

Point being is that system/mentality limited the potential of that team and many others. Stubbornness to change.

I think it’s more that we choked away the NC State and Oklahoma games early in the season. They won 9. Coulda/shoulda been 11. That offense was pretty dynamic for the majority of that season.

I remember that season.

It was awful having to watch that team! Ugh!

I remember sitting in Sun Devil Stadium, horrified that I had to be there - hoping for better football.

We couldn't score that season - we weren't exciting to watch.

Yuck!

Thank god we haven't had seasons like one in years!

I remember that season.

It was awful having to watch that team! Ugh!

I remember sitting in Sun Devil Stadium, horrified that I had to be there - hoping for better football.

We couldn't score that season - we weren't exciting to watch.

Yuck!

Thank god we haven't had seasons like one in years!

Saw this one coming from a 1,000 miles away

Pfft. We can look down on it now.

It's to our benefit that BC is Northeast meathead, and we want them to be just good enough at it that they stick with it. That way we aren't competing for recruits and we both have differentiated identities.
Might be true for some WR recruits - otherwise not. We have meathead recruits in the commit list at OL, TE, the RB Dixon, and our QB commit is a DUAL who is a clone of BC's Brown. Not as differentiated in recruiting as you suggest.
What we want is to beat them and get to a bowl or two, soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom