Meathead Football | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Meathead Football

McNabb was a great player and so was Keith Bulluck. But our OL was only okay and did not produce any significant pros. The reality is that we were a very good team and had talent, but we did not have the overall kind of talent that many presume we had.

Regardless, the complaints are stupid - sorry. I would give anything to once again have the kind of Program we had back then.

That was a great era for SU football and we in fact had a lot great football players - McNabb, McPherson, Johnston, Konrad, Harrison, Moore, K Johnson, Q. Ismail, Roland Williams, Freeney, Burnett, Green, Gregory, Frase, A. Anderson, Conely, Bullock, Greenwood, E. Downing, Mitchell, Darius, Paul, W. Allen, T. Jones, A. Smith, K. Abrams, P. O'Neil.

What we did not have many of was NFL type linemen. The lack of OL was the ceiling to the smash mouth style of play, even with all the other NFL caliber talent. The advent of the spread and uptempo offenses would eventually drain off the quality of skilled position players that would go to programs like SU. It was evident the last few years of the P era. Nostalgia aside, that was the REALITY of what was happening, IMO. Stupid or not, the door was closing.

With Babers, we at least now have an identity that takes full advantage of the Dome and the ability to (seemingly) recruit skilled position players, while also minimizing the impact of not having NFL type lineman.

Props to BC on a good season, better than us; but man I do not miss meathead football.

Would rather go 4-8 with a program that has a chance to grow to something much bigger than the year after year mediocrity that meathead football gets you. Not to mention I don’t miss having a HC with zero personality and 100% arrogance. Half the BC coaching staff represented that same mentality at Syracuse from 1992-2015
So your theory is you'd rather go 4-8 w an inefficient offense and a stretched defense than relive 1998?

To each their own, but I would rather win.

So your theory is you'd rather go 4-8 w an inefficient offense and a stretched defense than relive 1998?

To each their own, but I would rather win.

That’s only the choice if you believe we’ve seen the best of Babers at Cuse. I don’t believe that.

That’s only the choice if you believe we’ve seen the best of Babers at Cuse. I don’t believe that.
"Would rather go 4-8 with a program that has a chance to grow to something much bigger ... I don’t miss having a HC with zero personality and 100% arrogance ... represented that same ["meathead"] mentality [of] Syracuse from 1992-2015."

You also apparently don't believe in reading posts.

I get that you're willing to do crazy mental gymnastics to defend DB's honor, but your continued inability to do basic math (from prior posts unrelated to this post) and to read is getting to be embarrassing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom