Melo Bashing.... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Melo Bashing....

Memphis might. Miami doesn't play well against size that can score and Memphis is the best team in the league in that regard. Who do up put on Zebo? How defends Gasol in the post?
I think Lebron guarding Zebo would be an intriguing matchup. Not sure about Gasol...And I think if Memphis makes it to the finals you might start to hear Gasol/Walton comparisons.

Then either you haven't been watching or you don't understand how basketball works. See, you have to make baskets to win. NY has had tons of open looks but has been unable to make a shot. Playing with James doesn't magically make other peoples shots go in and he can't score enough to win by himself...jesus, man.
Easy...Good passes can set you up for higher percentage shots. And I don't think the Knicks are moving well without the ball. Plus Lebron's defense would help on the other end.

Miami-Memphis would be a really interesting contrast in styles. I'm guessing Memphis would try and stick Randolph on Battier or something?

I think Lebron guarding Zebo would be an intriguing matchup. Not sure about Gasol...And I think if Memphis makes it to the finals you might start to hear Gasol/Walton comparisons.
No way you put lebron on Zebo too much banging and if Lebron gets in foul trouble its game over. I thing they put Haslem on him but that hurts you spacing on offense.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Miami-Memphis would be a really interesting contrast in styles. I'm guessing Memphis would try and stick Randolph on Battier or something?
I think Miami will have to match up with Memphis because if they don't Miami will lose the rebounding by 20 per game.

I doubt Miami is going to go big too much and match up with Memphis. They're 40-2 in the last 42 games Lebron has played. Make them match up with you

If Conley plays like he's playing now and Gasol/Zeebo stay healthy...Memphis will beat SA and Miami. IMO

That being said Conley's done this hot/cold routine before so he could easily crap the bed against either. But he's the whole key. They will play their tough D, and score garbage pts, but he needs to score/create or they'll just get outscored.

So this is assuming that the rest of the Knicks would play the same and all of a sudden collectively make up the point differential between Melo/cast and LeBron/cast. Staggers the imagination. :crazy:
Didn't he already do it once while he was in Cleveland?

I doubt Miami is going to go big too much and match up with Memphis. They're 40-2 in the last 42 games Lebron has played. Make them match up with you

They played twice this year. The first time Lebron started at the 4 and the Heat were blown out. It was in Memphis. They played in Miami UD started at 4 and Lebron at the 3. Miami won.
Link

I get that, but Haslem still only played 16 minutes.

They used Birdman for 15 minutes, Haslem for 16, and Bosh for 33. It's not perfect, but you could probably assume that say Birdman and Bosh split the minutes at the 5, and then Haslem played about 15 minutes at the 4.

In the game yesterday, Haslem played 23 minutes, Bosh, 32, and Birdman 13. Bosh and Birdman at the 5 gives you about 45 minutes, so they probably played a bigger lineup for about 20 minutes or so.

I get that, but Haslem still only played 16 minutes.

They used Birdman for 15 minutes, Haslem for 16, and Bosh for 33. It's not perfect, but you could probably assume that say Birdman and Bosh split the minutes at the 5, and then Haslem played about 15 minutes at the 4.

In the game yesterday, Haslem played 23 minutes, Bosh, 32, and Birdman 13. Bosh and Birdman at the 5 gives you about 45 minutes, so they probably played a bigger lineup for about 20 minutes or so.

Right but if Chicago was Memphis yesterday do you think Miami wins? Because I don't

Right but if Chicago was Memphis yesterday do you think Miami wins? Because I don't

Dunno, I'm just saying the distribution of minutes was similar to what it was in the second Memphis game you cited.

I really don't think where Melo went to college should have any impact on what people say about Melo. Melo's play (or anyone else, for that matter) should stand on its own regardless of where he went to school. It seems like I usually come down more against Melo than the general sentiment on this board, but in this case, I'm more in the middle. But Melo has not played great in these playoffs. And really, he's not been good his entire playoff career as a Knick. He's shooting 39% from the field. He doesn't have Bosh and Wade on his team, that's true, but that seems like an easy cop-out to me. If he was playing great and the rest of the team around him was sucking, that's one thing. But he's basically playing pretty meh and the rest of the team is sucking.

People talk about Lkebron not winning a title until he played with Bosh and Wade, which is of course true, but he had the best record in the league twice without those guys, and with no other all star (Mo Williams, LOL) and won a playoff round every year. His last 2 years in Cleveland, when he fell short both times, his playoff averages were 32-9-7 on 51% shooting. If Melo was doing that and the Knicks were still losing because of how poorly everyone else was playing, he wouldn't be getting nearly the heat he has. Even Durant, who was awful last night, averaged a 31/9/6 on 46% shooting.

Yes, and let's throw those Lebron Cleveland teams in the West and see what record he has. Ya he lead to his teams far in the East, and?

Yes, and let's throw those Lebron Cleveland teams in the West and see what record he has. Ya he lead to his teams far in the East, and?

In both 2009 and 2010, the years the Cavs had the best record in the league, they had a higher winning% against the West than the East.

Memphis is going to cause a lot of problems for Miami, if they get there(which they've gotta be the favorite at this point.)

I think Memphis handles GS or the Spurs fairly easily, and will give Miami all they can handle. Maybe even beat them.

I don't see anyone else touching Miami though.

Z Bo would murder Lebron in the paint. Too wide and uses his body too well. It takes someone strong enough to bang with him and longer and taller than him to bother him because he can't elevate at all. But even then, he uses his body so well and his footwork is so good, and his touch is so good, that he's still a tough matchup.

If Lebron was 6'11 he could give him problems, otherwise I don't see it.

Z Bo would murder Lebron in the paint. Too wide and uses his body too well. It takes someone strong enough to bang with him and longer and taller than him to bother him because he can't elevate at all. But even then, he uses his body so well and his footwork is so good, and his touch is so good, that he's still a tough matchup.

If Lebron was 6'11 he could give him problems, otherwise I don't see it.

Yeah, that would definitely be interesting to see how the Heat handle that. At the same time, it would be interesting to see who matches up on the defensive end for the Grizzlies. Are they going to have Randolph play on the perimeter or just let Shane Battier shoot open 3's all game long?

If I'm Miami, I just double team Randolph with whoever is guarding Tony Allen/Tayshaun Prince. Grizzlies are horrible shooting from the perimeter, so they probably wouldn't be able to make Miami pay; not to mention Miami rotates defensively as well as any team out there.

Yeah, that would definitely be interesting to see how the Heat handle that. At the same time, it would be interesting to see who matches up on the defensive end for the Grizzlies. Are they going to have Randolph play on the perimeter or just let Shane Battier shoot open 3's all game long?

If I'm Miami, I just double team Randolph with whoever is guarding Tony Allen/Tayshaun Prince. Grizzlies are horrible shooting from the perimeter, so they probably wouldn't be able to make Miami pay; not to mention Miami rotates defensively as well as any team out there.
Prince can shoot if open

Prince can shoot if open

Ordinarily, yes, but he's been struggling as bad with his shot as the Knicks guys have.

Prince can shoot if open

Pondexter is ok...but in general it's all going to be on Conley to hit shots against the double.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom