Melo had a really nice stretch in the first half... | Syracusefan.com

Melo had a really nice stretch in the first half...

RF2044

Living Legend
Block, strong rebound, nice roll to the basket for a dunk. Hit that nice jump hook after posting up strong and getting a good entry pass. Ran the floor hard. Blocked several shots. Wasn't fatigued at end of game, still had the stamina to play hard.

On the other hand, once he made a few shots, he forced a bit. That's a function of [in]experience as much as anything. But we need SOME post presence on this team. The team HAS to have the ability to pass the ball inside to space the floor better, and tonight was a solid step in the right direction from Fab.

I am so encouraged by stamina. So glad he worked hard and got into shape.

Yes, and he did that at a time the rest of the team was struggling. Solid outing overall for Fab. No reason he can't do 9 & 6 this season if he can improve just a little bit more.

Block, strong rebound, nice roll to the basket for a dunk. Hit that nice jump hook after posting up strong and getting a good entry pass. Ran the floor hard. Blocked several shots. Wasn't fatigued at end of game, still had the stamina to play hard.

On the other hand, once he made a few shots, he forced a bit. That's a function of [in]experience as much as anything. But we need SOME post presence on this team. The team HAS to have the ability to pass the ball inside to space the floor better, and tonight was a solid step in the right direction from Fab.
See, I took the "forcing" as over confidence. Inexperience, sure, but I felt like he was simply feeling awfully good about himself and taking shots head chances he otherwise wouldn't have. But definitely a good game for Fab, and I love seeing him overconfident.

See, I took the "forcing" as over confidence. Inexperience, sure, but I felt like he was simply feeling awfully good about himself and taking shots head chances he otherwise wouldn't have. But definitely a good game for Fab, and I love seeing him overconfident.

That's what I meant--I just think it also showed poor judgement [i.e., that turnaround 12 footer after he made a few] which was a function of his inexperience. The more he plays, the more he'll have a better sense for when to shoot versus when to set himself and kick that back out.

The turnaround 12 footer is exactly the play I was thinking of. And I figured that's what your point was, I just wanted to steal your thunder. I also liked that 12 footer, despite thinking it was a dumb shot, because I absolutely think he has that shot in his repertoire.

"Fatigue makes cowards of us all."

The quote is generally attributed to Vince Lombardi.

Fab is no coward this year.

He is playing with passion and determination you can see it on his face. Last year he just looked confused and lost total 180.

I hope he continues to look for his shot and be aggressive. He is going to develop into a monster.

I agree he made some nice plays but I am still very concerned about his positioning. The block/rebound play you mention is an example. He was out of position and had to block the shot from behind. Honestly, he does that without a foul being called maybe 2 out of 10 times. I was shocked that Burr didn't ring him up there. Hopefully Fab will be able to get good coaching on these points without the aid of Coach Fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom