Melo: I could have been a contender by: | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Melo: I could have been a contender by:

Lebron, Kobe, Melo, Randle, Gasol...make it happen!!!!

Wonder why we haven't heard of Chicago in the mix for LeBron? Not that I expect him to go there but most of the same teams after Melo have been mentioned to be interested in LeBron other than the Cavs. Lakers are an interesting contender for Melo if they could land Love next year and Kobe is healthy. Then when Kobe retires, pick up Kevin Durant and keep the ball rollin :)

Really think Chicago is the best fit for him.. Strong front court defensively and they are all unselfish... Hopefully rose can stay healthy and jimmy butler can really guard. They could be scary good if he gots to ChiTown

Really think Chicago is the best fit for him.. Strong front court defensively and they are all unselfish... Hopefully rose can stay healthy and jimmy butler can really guard. They could be scary good if he gots to ChiTown
Not for nothing and it's nothing towards you but I'm really getting sick of hearing about how Chicago is light years a better fit than NY. For this one year, yea, as long as Rose isnt permanently broken and Noah stays healthy. To get his money, they would either need a sign and trade with NY and give up pieces such as Mirotic or they would need to dump Taj Gibson.

For one year they may be better but next year Melo could create his own team along with Phil Jax when Amare and Bargs come off the books. It's about winning a title in his next 4-5 years, not just next year.

If he goes to LA without Lebron, well then he's just an idiot. To play with Kobe and Gasol in the West? Yea, that's the ticket..

Lebron, Kobe, Melo, Randle, Gasol...make it happen!!!!

Don't think there really is any way that can happen, right? They're on the books for about $34 million next year, and Melo starts at about $22 million, which puts you at $56 million, really leaving no room for Lebron. I don't think they realy have any assets to attach to Nash to ditch him either

Not for nothing and it's nothing towards you but I'm really getting sick of hearing about how Chicago is light years a better fit than NY. For this one year, yea, as long as Rose isnt permanently broken and Noah stays healthy. To get his money, they would either need a sign and trade with NY and give up pieces such as Mirotic or they would need to dump Taj Gibson.

For one year they may be better but next year Melo could create his own team along with Phil Jax when Amare and Bargs come off the books. It's about winning a title in his next 4-5 years, not just next year.

If he goes to LA without Lebron, well then he's just an idiot. To play with Kobe and Gasol in the West? Yea, that's the ticket..

The Rose thing is definitely something that is a little worrisome if you're a Bulls fan. You certainly just can't expect him to come back at the level he was at before. But Noah is probably gonna be better than anyone that the Knicks add in free agency next year, and I'd take Thibs over Fisher as a coach as well.

That's not going to get the Knicks anywhere. Too many average to below average guards and the Gasol's aren't stars.

The guards on the current roster, but I'd imagine that would change by 2015. If Miami doesn't bring back all 3 guys, the East becomes a major crap shoot. I think Melo wants to win, but I also think he wants to win as the #1 option on offense. The Gasols aren't selfish players and they along with Melo would make NY an attractive destination in 2015.

I agree with longislandcuse, this isn't a one season decision on Melo's part and unless he's going somewhere with Lebron, it's no guarantee he wins. If he leaves NY, he leaves a ton of money on the table in salary and endorsements.

Don't think there really is any way that can happen, right? They're on the books for about $34 million next year, and Melo starts at about $22 million, which puts you at $56 million, really leaving no room for Lebron. I don't think they realy have any assets to attach to Nash to ditch him either

The Rose thing is definitely something that is a little worrisome if you're a Bulls fan. You certainly just can't expect him to come back at the level he was at before. But Noah is probably gonna be better than anyone that the Knicks add in free agency next year, and I'd take Thibs over Fisher as a coach as well.
Noah is good but if Melo forces his way to Chicago, they are losing Mirotic and picks or Gibson. Lets say best case scenario for Chicago, they keep Gibson.

Rose-Butler-Melo-Gibson-Noah. That's a beast team but if Rose is unable to come back or God forbid gets injured again, the Bulls are shot. Melo already wasted 3 years playing with the debacle that is STAT.

The Knicks can go out and do whatever Melo wants them to once they shed Amare/Bargs. There's actually a report out there that Phil already tried to move Amare before the draft along with Shumpert.

Noah is good but if Melo forces his way to Chicago, they are losing Mirotic and picks or Gibson. Lets say best case scenario for Chicago, they keep Gibson.

Rose-Butler-Melo-Gibson-Noah. That's a beast team but if Rose is unable to come back or God forbid gets injured again, the Bulls are shot. Melo already wasted 3 years playing with the debacle that is STAT.

The Knicks can go out and do whatever Melo wants them to once they shed Amare/Bargs. There's actually a report out there that Phil already tried to move Amare before the draft along with Shumpert.

They can do whatever Melo wants, within reason. They can only get the players that are out there. If Rose wasn't hurt, I thik Melo should do whatever he could to get to Chicago. That's obviously not the case though.

Not sure how I feel about the Knicks trying to move Amare; what would they have to take back to get him off the team? At this point I'd rather just run the clock out on his contract.

Full_Rebar said:
The guards on the current roster, but I'd imagine that would change by 2015. If Miami doesn't bring back all 3 guys, the East becomes a major crap shoot. I think Melo wants to win, but I also think he wants to win as the #1 option on offense. The Gasols aren't selfish players and they along with Melo would make NY an attractive destination in 2015. I agree with longislandcuse, this isn't a one season decision on Melo's part and unless he's going somewhere with Lebron, it's no guarantee he wins. If he leaves NY, he leaves a ton of money on the table in salary and endorsements.

Calderon is one of the best shooters in NBA history. Shump is still developing and is a pest defensively. Hardaway is a perfect player to play off of Melo and the triangle.

They are in need of an elite get to the basket whenever he wants guy. One guard away. 2015.

The Bulls were out when they offered only 4 years for $64M. The difference in money is just too huge.

The Bulls were out when they offered only 4 years for $64M. The difference in money is just too huge.

Yeah, only way the Bulls would work is sign and trade, or if they make some other moves to clear room for him

ive said it a 100x on here...Melo is staying with the Knicks, the Knicks are going to Win BIG and everyone is going to Fn like it.

i understand if you are a diehard of another team and you are scared.

there is great reason for you to be scared, its ok.

ive said it a 100x on here...Melo is staying with the Knicks, the Knicks are going to Win BIG and everyone is going to Fn like it.

He's gone.

He's gone.
lal is scaring me, but they wont win in the short term either.

he will stay.

but if he goes, i will be burning 2 Melo Knick jerseys in the street and will hate Melo with the fire of a 1000 suns.

As a fellow knicks fan, from your lips to gods ears, but I just don't see how that is going to happen.

If Melo goes to LA, he's straight up clownin. "All about winning"? Riiiight, you, Kobe and Gasol are gonna run the Western Conference. Suureeee.

Tobey Maguire isn't that cool.

If Melo goes to LA, he's straight up clownin. "All about winning"? Riiiight, you, Kobe and Gasol are gonna run the Western Conference. Suureeee.

Tobey Maguire isn't that cool.
He would be the 1st superstar in his prime to fail as a Laker.

He's stayin here.

The only team to worry about will be whatever one Lebron picks. The bulls will vanish and break up.

Melo = Knick for life.

#7 to the rafters.

lal is scaring me, but they wont win in the short term either.

he will stay.

but if he goes, i will be burning 2 Melo Knick jerseys in the street and will hate Melo with the fire of a 1000 suns.

Leaving the Good Ship Dolan isn't ever a bad move. Phil is JB's age...

He would be the 1st superstar in his prime to fail as a Laker.

He's stayin here.

The only team to worry about will be whatever one Lebron picks. The bulls will vanish and break up.

Melo = Knick for life.

#7 to the rafters.

He should stay and demand the max. Ask for an opt out before the 16-17 year and demand a no trade clause. The new media deal will kick in during '16-'17 and the cap should explode, along with a new CBA that gives back more to the players.

Dolan is sitting on a winning lottery ticket with the Knicks. After that new media deal, the Knicks re-sale value will be Scrooge McDuck absurd.

If Melo were to win one title in NY, he would be a legend, a la Messier.

Melo has just as good a chance to win a title in New York as he does with the Lakers. The Lakers roster isn't any better than the Knicks. Sorry folks but Kobe is just a broken down old shell of his former great self and the rest is just nothing. I could understand a move to the Bulls -- that team could win the East -- but I don't see him leaving $59 million on the table...it's just too much of a money difference. I'm wondering if some Hollywood honchos promised to boost his wife's acting career if he goes to LA...otherwise I don't see staying in NY has a hard choice.

Melo has just as good a chance to win a title in New York as he does with the Lakers. The Lakers roster isn't any better than the Knicks. Sorry folks but Kobe is just a broken down old shell of his former great self and the rest is just nothing. I could understand a move to the Bulls -- that team could win the East -- but I don't see him leaving $59 million on the table...it's just too much of a money difference. I'm wondering if some Hollywood honchos promised to boost his wife's acting career if he goes to LA...otherwise I don't see staying in NY has a hard choice.
Lee Strasberg, Steven Spielberg, Martin Scorcese, Wes Anderson, Harvey Weinstein, Jack Warner, Spike Lee, and George Eastman combined couldn't boost La La's "acting" career.

Lee Strasberg, Steven Spielberg, Martin Scorcese, Wes Anderson, Harvey Weinstein, Jack Warner, Spike Lee, and George Eastman combined couldn't boost La La's "acting" career.
True, but if you watch almost any of the reality programs you'd see there isn't a need for talent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom