Melo only averages 22.6 min per game | Syracusefan.com

Melo only averages 22.6 min per game

Oakland

2022 Iggy Winner: ACC Record
That means that for 47% of the first 20 games, he wasn't on the court. We generally did pretty well during that 47%. That 47% should have been good enough to beat ND (as in the second half).

But we had a bad game - probably the Melo and Mookie things were distractions but who knows.

ND isn't a bad team but they certainly played over their heads (good for them). And if you think they intentionally planned to work the ball around for 33-34 sec for an open three in the first half, then you might say they played great.

I'm now on the rebounding is an issue bandwagon. To rebound so poor against a poor rebounding team is shocking. Disappointing that Keita's rebounding is so bad, he was much better last season - is there still an injury issue? As previously mentioned, D Riley was probably an important loss. Also disappointing that Rak isn't the monster rebounder that he was billed to be. It would be nice if our frosh Micky Ds played like Micky Ds like other teams frosh Micky Ds do.

That means that for 47% of the first 20 games, he wasn't on the court. We generally did pretty well during that 47%. That 47% should have been good enough to beat ND (as in the second half).

But we had a bad game - probably the Melo and Mookie things were distractions but who knows.

ND isn't a bad team but they certainly played over their heads (good for them). And if you think they intentionally planned to work the ball around for 33-34 sec for an open three in the first half, then you might say they played great.

I'm now on the rebounding is an issue bandwagon. To rebound so poor against a poor rebounding team is shocking. Disappointing that Keita's rebounding is so bad, he was much better last season - is there still an injury issue? As previously mentioned, D Riley was probably an important loss. Also disappointing that Rak isn't the monster rebounder that he was billed to be. It would be nice if our frosh Micky Ds played like Micky Ds like other teams frosh Micky Ds do.

What percentage of meaningful minutes was he on the court? We've had plenty of games this year that were pretty much over in the first half, and a lot that were over by the 10:00 mark in the second half.

Fab's Roland Average (+/- On court minus +/- off court) is just .8, so it is not like there has been a huge amount of measurable difference in scoring with him on or off the court.

I think assigning Melo or Mookie as a reason we missed 100 jumpshots is not effective. We should have been able to beat ND with Tomazewski playing. I am not kidding. ND is just not that good at all (and shows you how horrible we can be).

The rebounding (and just overall effort) yesterday was really bad. I have been harping on it for a couple weeks, but KJo has been playing terrible basketball lately. Just terrible. He should sit. James may not be a perfect player but the effort is there.

We are 10 deep this year but Fab is the only player for which we do not have a solid replacement. Fab rules the paint when he is in the game. How did Herb Pope do against Melo? Cooley would have had a spaulding tattoo on his forehead if brought that weak game against Melo. Against Keita and Christmas he goes off for 17. Embaressing!!!!!

We are 10 deep this year but Fab is the only player for which we do not have a solid replacement. Fab rules the paint when he is in the game. How did Herb Pope do against Melo? Cooley would have had a spaulding tattoo on his forehead if brought that weak game against Melo. Against Keita and Christmas he goes off for 17. Embaressing!!!!!

I dont get Christmas at all. BK has to be hurt because he is usually fundamentally sound and brings effort. Christmas just looks like he could care less out there.

I dont get Christmas at all. Christmas just looks like he could care less out there.

This is what's bothering me... You just know this kid has talent but shows absolutely zero emotion out there. Been that way the entire season and I've been wondering if he is unhappy at 'Cuse.

I guess we don't need to worry if Coleman will get playing time next year. It doesn't matter who comes back, Coleman will get plenty of minutes. The same thing for Noel the following year. We're not as deep at center as we think.

What percentage of meaningful minutes was he on the court? We've had plenty of games this year that were pretty much over in the first half, and a lot that were over by the 10:00 mark in the second half.

Except that we are famous for slow starts this season when Melo is in the game and that he has played his 22.6 min in the games that were close at the end - Stanford, VT, Marq, Pitt, others? - I totally agree with you.

I expected kind of a Derrick Coleman frosh season year from Christmas this year. JB insists on guys developing their roles on the team. Christmas has to rebound.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom