Melo or Noel? | Syracusefan.com

Melo or Noel?

Would you rather have Fab melo next eyar or Nerlens Noel?

• Total voters

SWC75

Bored Historian
I was jsut wondering what scenario posters would prefer:

1) Fab Melo decides to come back to SU for at least his junior year and Nerlens Noel decides to go to Kentucky.

2) Fab decides to go to the pros and Noel comes here.

Factors: Melo is improving by leaps and bounds and the next step is to turn into an offensive force, both with an inside game and consistently making those jump shots. It could happen here. Melo might stay for his senior year as well. Noel hasn't yet played at this level. His offensive game is an unknown quantity. He may be a "one and doner". But he also might be the next Bill Russell.

I can't imagine why anyone would say Noel.

If fab came back, he would be a monster.

Its a nice thought but Fab is gonesville... Just ask Chuck

I'd say Noel and don't mean to slight Fab in any way.
1. Noel can play the 4, meaning DC2 can play the 5, which I think is more natural for him. Would rather not see DC2 on a wing of the zone.
2. I think Noel is going to be an NBA star for a long time. He's the type of guy that high school kids look at and say 'I want to go where he went', similar to Carmelo. There's an intrinsic value to that.

Nothing against Fab, Noel's just an extreme case.

I was jsut wondering what scenario posters would prefer:

1) Fab Melo decides to come back to SU for at least his junior year and Nerlens Noel decides to go to Kentucky.

2) Fab decides to go to the pros and Noel comes here.

Factors: Melo is improving by leaps and bounds and the next step is to turn into an offensive force, both with an inside game and consistently making those jump shots. It could happen here. Melo might stay for his senior year as well. Noel hasn't yet played at this level. His offensive game is an unknown quantity. He may be a "one and doner". But he also might be the next Bill Russell.
Noel and it isnt close. No disrespect to fab.

Noel was one of the few high school players ive seen in the past decade that made me say WOW. Kid is a monster.

Will Fab be drama free, academically and legally? If not, I'll go with NN.

I get than NN could be great, for a year, but we are undefeated with Fab this year. How can anyone not want a better him back?

I really, really, really want to land Noel.

But given the choice of which player I'd prefer for next year only [anticipating Fab leaving and Noel being a likely one-and-done], then from my point of view junior, experienced Fab > incoming frosh Noel.

No disrespect to the thread .. but I'm not picking. Fab is a part of the team ... a great young 7 foot kid who could have gone anywhere and decided to come to the Cuse. He has stepped up huge this year. From last year as a breathless experiment to this year as a defensive force and emerging scorer ... He's my BE MIP. He has an infectious smile, and he takes us from top 15-20 to title contender.

Noel ... hasn't even committed. He looks like a monster in the vids, but ... so does DC2. I think there's a perfect spot for Noel to come in here and play the 4 next to DC2 and CJ as the SF -- it could be the best front line in college ball. But until Noel chooses us, clears academically and shows that he can dominate big, physical players from the country's top conference in front of huge crowds with national media pressure, there is no choice.

Will Fab be drama free, academically and legally? If not, I'll go with NN.

I am willing to give Fab atleast pass for his incident over the summer and chalk it up with some immaturity and thats all. I wouldnt give that much thought

Fab vote here. He could be BE most improved player next year too.

This is like asking "Bryant or Jordan?"

Uh i wouldnt go that far. Fab melo is a good player and Nerlens looks like he could be very good.

Wait a second, Im talking about Fab Melo who i called great whats happening to me.

I asked this question earlier in the year and I still think its a fascinating one.

Gun to my head I would have to pick Noel. He might be younger than Melo, but not in basketball experience, and talent wise he is on another level.

But I agree with all the posters who say that if we end up with either one of the two we will be in great shape. And, for the record, by great shape I mean preseason #1.

I'm going with Fab. And I LOVE Noel. He's going to be a transcendent player. But Fab has a chance to absolutely dominate the BE next year. Nerlens would have more of a learning curve, even though I think he'd still be a force. Either Fab or Noel would be unbelievable next year.

Uh i wouldnt go that far. Fab melo is a good player and Nerlens looks like he could be very good.

Wait a second, Im talking about Fab Melo who i called great whats happening to me.

I'm not comparing them talent wise. I'm saying you'd take either one. Bryant or Jordan? It doesn't really matter they're both great. Noel or Melo? It doesn't really matter they're both great (At their respective levels of play).

Fab hands down if he puts in the work he could actually be the top big in the country next year. Kid would be a Monster

I would take another year of Melo, without question. Noel looks to be every bit the dominant player that comes with being the #1 high school prospect but Melo is poised to be one of the 2 or 3 most dominant centers in the college game next year. Big men don't always adjust quickly to college ball and many of the highlights we all see of Noel are when his team is up against inferior opponents. Keep in mind, he is on a team with a few other highly touted, nationally recruited players. I'm not taking anything away from Noel, I THINK he will be a fantastic college player. But, with Melo, we would be returning a player that we KNOW will make a tremendous impact. Sadly, I think Melo is likely headed for the $$$ and Noel for UK but as long as I'm writing my wish-list, I'll take both!

For me the toughest choice is not who would I have now but becomes who gives us the bigger long-term effect. If Melo stayed and improved at the rate he did last year then of course I would take him over Noel for next year. The problem is I am not convinced Melo will be an NBA star. Which is the opposite of Noel, I think the guy will fit in perfectly in the NBA and become a major star. Which for me I think has a greater effect on recruiting having top NBA stars play for your school. Thus becomes the choice. If we are talking the best chance for a NC, Melo hands down.. However, if we are talking long term effects I would say Noel, because that guy looks absolutely nasty, and is bound to be a star one day (Melo could too just I give Noel the better odds).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom