Melo vs. MCW last night | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Melo vs. MCW last night

Take note...

- Melo is now shooting 43%. While one of the lower %'s of his career, it has slowly and steadily risen since has very poor start to the season - when as stated, he was coming off surgery and getting his legs back. Looks like he's right on track to shoot his normal 45% or so.

- Even if he were to stall at 43%, it is far better than "he'll be lucky to shoot 40% this season" as stated above.

- Melo who supposedly "went to the darkside" is 5th among SF's in assists per game, and 2nd in rebounds per game (ahead of Lebron, Durant, Leonard, etc.). What a selfish, one dimensional player huh?

- Great to see one of the all-time great Orangemen back healthy and playing at a high level. He's got that squad at 18-19, which for them is much better than expected.

I'd also like to point out that MCW, the guy that "hacks down the street that play once a week can shoot better than", is now up to .465% from the field(against, you know, NBA defenders). He's played very well over the last month or so. Hope he keeps it up.

Take note:

Carmelo scored 30 points on 13-20 shooting, dished out 9 assists, and grabbed 7 rebounds in a big Knicks win last night. In doing so, he passed Larry Bird on the all-time scoring list.

He's now at 21.7 ppg, 7.6 reb., and a career high 4.0 assists on .436% shooting.

I look forward to continuing updating his progress every so often, this season.

Also the "Syracuse" version of his M12 sneaker just came out.

jordan-melo-m12-syracuse-grey-orange-01.jpg

Take note:

Carmelo scored 30 points on 13-20 shooting, dished out 9 assists, and grabbed 7 rebounds in a big Knicks win last night. In doing so, he passed Larry Bird on the all-time scoring list.

He's now at 21.7 ppg, 7.6 reb., and a career high 4.0 assists on .436% shooting.

I look forward to continuing updating his progress every so often, this season.

Also the "Syracuse" version of his M12 sneaker just came out.

jordan-melo-m12-syracuse-grey-orange-01.jpg

weird how u didnt update his performance the other day when he went 7/28

he did have an off night (day actually) shooting the ball but if you actually watched the game he also had 7 dimes 7 boards and nailed a 3 at the buzzer to send the game into overtime in noels face. Also had a crucial steal from Ishe Smith in late in OT and nailed what was basically the game clinching jumper in the 2nd OT. This has been one of the main differences with Melo recently, and something that always reigns true with elite players, he hasent had to shoot great and/or score a ton to impact the game. You watch these games and can just tell hes the best guy on the floor whether hes shooting/scoring a lot or not. It helps that he has teamates for the first time in a while who can hit the open shots he gets them by garnering so much attention.

Mike Breen on the broadcast did a good job pointing out how each teams "star", melo/ish smith, shot poorly but otherwise played good games and really had huge impacts on the game, especially in the most crucial moments.

Weird how you haven't replied in 2 months. Still sticking to that "lucky to shoot 40%"? Still sticking to that "went to the darkside"?

By the way, Melo was coming off a sprained ankle and it was his first game back when he shot 7-28. That matters. He was on quite a roll before getting hurt, which was unfortunate. Looks to be back now though.

I would think a Cuse fan would be happy that Melo is playing well. You seem bothered by it. Very odd.

Weird how you haven't replied in 2 months. Still sticking to that "lucky to shoot 40%"? Still sticking to that "went to the darkside"?

By the way, Melo was coming off a sprained ankle and it was his first game back when he shot 7-28. That matters. He was on quite a roll before getting hurt, which was unfortunate. Looks to be back now though.

I would think a Cuse fan would be happy that Melo is playing well. You seem bothered by it. Very odd.
I'm always amazed at how some Cuse fans love to dump on our own guys. It's almost like they prefer to see them struggling or failing just so they can crow about how "right" they are. It's really sad & pathetic, IMO.

I'm always amazed at how some Cuse fans love to dump on our own guys. It's almost like they prefer to see them struggling or failing just so they can crow about how "right" they are. It's really sad & pathetic, IMO.
Some of our great fans do it while they're still here, so it's no surprise they continue after they've moved on to the NBA or elsewhere.

Carmelo with another stink bomb last night, 5-20 as knicks lose again. 5-20. last i checked that was not very good.

Carmelo with another stink bomb last night, 5-20 as knicks lose again. 5-20. last i checked that was not very good.
Right on time, as usual. Where were you the previous four games when he averaged 27ppg on 51% shooting, along with 10.5rpg and 4.3apg?

42.6% for the season. You better hope for a lot more 5-20's if he's going to shoot under 40% like you claimed.

8 rebounds and 4.2 assists per game...you're already screwed on your "darkside" comments.

Amazing that we've got an SU fan actively rooting against Melo so that his dumb claim won't look as bad. You could've just ate it, said it was dumb, and then moved on and enjoyed a very solid comeback season from Melo, where he's averaging a career high in assists and very near a career high in rebounds.

Glad this was brought back up though. Since it was last upped Melo made his 9th all star team of his career. What a scrub.

42.6% for the season. You better hope for a lot more 5-20's if he's going to shoot under 40% like you claimed.

8 rebounds and 4.2 assists per game...you're already screwed on your "darkside" comments.

Amazing that we've got an SU fan actively rooting against Melo so that his dumb claim won't look as bad. You could've just ate it, said it was dumb, and then moved on and enjoyed a very solid comeback season from Melo, where he's averaging a career high in assists and very near a career high in rebounds.
Pathetic when a "fan" does this. Smdh

I am not cheering against Melo but I don't mind seeing him put up bad games if it helps the Knicks lose, as the pick comes to the Raptors.

I had to put up with 7 years of Andrea Bargnani, and I think the franchise deserves a lottery pick for all the negative trauma that the dimwitted pansy brought us.

Glad this was brought back up though. Since it was last upped Melo made his 9th all star team of his career. What a scrub.

i truly feel for people that are oblivious to reality based on their inability to see beyond what they wish to see. there are probably 100 guys in the league that could score like melo if you let them shoot as much as he does. but its never his fault. its always the supporting casts. always. or an injury. or la la's fault.

42.6 percent is terrible.

i truly feel for people that are oblivious to reality based on their inability to see beyond what they wish to see. there are probably 100 guys in the league that could score like melo if you let them shoot as much as he does. but its never his fault. its always the supporting casts. always. or an injury. or la la's fault.
This might be your funniest post yet. Actually, there haven't been 100 people to ever play the game who could score like he can. Seriously, it might be time to give up this crusade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom