Melo | Syracusefan.com

Melo

njcuse

Scout Team
Got to see SU in person in the Garden last night. Splurged for a fifth row seat. Got to do much wringing of hands through much of the game, but some tough D and some key offense pulled the game out. Player I was most impressed with in this game? Melo. He had a major defensive impact, not only with his blocks, but with the way he often controlled the paint, kept them from even trying to go inside. A couple of very nice outlet passes along the way too. Also the most minutes played in an SU uniform. Solid game.

Melo is beginning to gain a lot of confidence, and show that he can be a force on the glass. Had some killer blocks, too.

I think he's just scratching the surface.

Melo is beginning to gain a lot of confidence, and show that he can be a force on the glass. Had some killer blocks, too.

I think he's just scratching the surface.
Melo has NBA scouts drooling. I really hope we get him for a junior year because this guy just oozes talent. Hopefully he blows up this season and we get to see it before he goes pro. His intimidation around the rim is dominating. That move under the basket where he threw his weight around and dunked it was a sign hes gonna be a bad, bad man!

Melo has NBA scouts drooling. I really hope we get him for a junior year because this guy just oozes talent. Hopefully he blows up this season and we get to see it before he goes pro. His intimidation around the rim is dominating. That move under the basket where he threw his weight around and dunked it was a sign hes gonna be a bad, bad man!

Was that the first half dunk, after the offensive rebound? Very impressive.

I think he's capable of showing more offensively, too--but he just looks so much more comfortable. Solid timing on defense, using his size well on the glass, etc.

He even dove on the floor to get a steal in the first half--great to see.

Was that the first half dunk, after the offensive rebound? Very impressive.

I think he's capable of showing more offensively, too--but he just looks so much more comfortable. Solid timing on defense, using his size well on the glass, etc.

He even dove on the floor to get a steal in the first half--great to see.
Yea, the offensive rebound with the dunk. He has a nice looking jump shot and a low post baby hook. I think we absolutely could run our offense through him. On defense, noone is getting a good look inside on him.

Don't forget that he has a nice feel for passing the ball too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom