Men's Hockey | Syracusefan.com

Men's Hockey

Color me mildly surprised to learn that Northwestern and Illinois don't have men's hockey teams. Those seem like as much no-brainers as Syracuse does.

Why wouldn't the war memorial work again, because of scheduling issues with the crunch? Weren't they set to upgrade hat facility recently?

Why wouldn't the war memorial work again, because of scheduling issues with the crunch? Weren't they set to upgrade hat facility recently?
It could temporarily...but if you want students to show up it needs to be on campus. It doesn't have to be huge...just well done.

Even Alabama has a freakin hockey team, The Frozen Tide. A north country boy has been in charge of the program for a number of years and was just named coach of the year in his conference. They are going D-1 next year.

Man, this should be a no brainer.

It would be if title IX wasn't an issue. It definitely makes sense for a division 1 school in this area to have a men's hockey team. Gross has even said so. But what women's sport will they add to balance the scholarships?

I wish the PAC 12 schools would add men's lacrosse. If the California one's and maybe a couple of the others added it I think the sport would really take off. And it would even help the women's game grow

They really need to amend title IX so that any sport that women don't play, ie football, isn't included

They really need to amend title IX so that any sport that women don't play, ie football, isn't included
What's wrong with you? That makes way too much sense!

Even Alabama has a freakin hockey team, The Frozen Tide. A north country boy has been in charge of the program for a number of years and was just named coach of the year in his conference. They are going D-1 next year.
not Div 1.. div one of the acha.. thats a different level of hockey below the real div 1.

Yeah, that should only take 30 years or so... :rolleyes:

clayman32 said:
It would be if title IX wasn't an issue. It definitely makes sense for a division 1 school in this area to have a men's hockey team. Gross has even said so. But what women's sport will they add to balance the scholarships? I wish the PAC 12 schools would add men's lacrosse. If the California one's and maybe a couple of the others added it I think the sport would really take off. And it would even help the women's game grow They really need to amend title IX so that any sport that women don't play, ie football, isn't included

Bowling, fencing, equestrian, rifle, golf, rugby...there plenty of options for adding women's teams. Hockey could be a dominate sport at SU.

Bowling, fencing, equestrian, rifle, golf, rugby...there plenty of options for adding women's teams. Hockey could be a dominate sport at SU.

If they wanted to stay with a sport that is played by other schools in the ACC it would have to be fencing, golf or swim/dive. I hate that SU got rid of the swim/dive program as it is big in the ACC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom