Mess at Baylor continues to smell | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Mess at Baylor continues to smell

Morris currently makes 2.0 mil a year at SMU and I think they made him an offer and he countered and said it's gonna take 5 years 24.5 mil for me to jump to Baylor into a world of isht.

They passed.

'Business as usual' for Chad Morris at SMU after talks with Baylor reportedly cool down | SportsDay

Sounds about right. Nobody wants the job other than the money. It won't be easy to recruit there either and a Herman is now at Texas. Morris probably shot for the moon, didn't get it and said F it, I'll stay in Dallas as opposed to head to cesspool u. It's not a desirable position, again other than the $$. Baylor will have to pay at least double what they would have had to 12 months ago.

I doubt they can get Montgomery either, he's one more good year away from a really good job, maybe sooner

What am I missing about Chad Morris that he's rejecting $4.9M per? He is 7-17 as head coach in a G5.

He wants hazard pay.

I wonder if it's easy to turn down $5M per year when you make $2M per year. I wish I knew.

I mean, if someone offered me 2.5X my current salary to do the same job, I'd probably take it.

He wants hazard pay.

I wonder if it's easy to turn down $5M per year when you make $2M per year. I wish I knew.

I mean, if someone offered me 2.5X my current salary to do the same job, I'd probably take it.

The offer was 5yr 4.9million total + bonuses. Not 4.9/year - Briles was making slightly over 4 after he became established.

The offer was 5yr 4.9million total + bonuses. Not 4.9/year - Briles was making slightly over 4 after he became established.

There's no way that can be true. How could Baylor, the mess that it is, but in a P5 conference, offer a guy with head coaching experience less than $1M per year.

Unless the bonus was $1M per year if your team arrives at the stadium on gameday.

Another $1M if the team puts on their pads and helmets.

$500k if the refs show up.

There's no way that can be true. How could Baylor, the mess that it is, but in a P5 conference, offer a guy with head coaching experience less than $1M per year.

Unless the bonus was $1M per year if your team arrives at the stadium on gameday.

come here for half the money and twice the problems!

i agree it's hard to believe any of this is serious

Well if Baylor turned down his counter offer of 5 years, 24.5 million ... idk. Maybe you're right.

gone are the days of a P5 team looking for a coach paying less than $2M/year. The whackniess over the last several years has bid up the starting salary to get the right hire.

The fact that Chad Morris is at the top of their list who has a losing record as a HC tells me all I need to know as to how valued that job is right now in the coaching community. Some will discuss with the Baylor and just shoot really high, much like when some clown calls me on the phone and states he has a client that wants to be my business and I triple the value of my business to see if would actually buy it at that price, the calls don't last long on either end.

Baylor will hide behind that he is from Texas, etc etc but BFD. I wouldn't be very impressed if Syracuse hired the guy

Wrong, Chad wanted 4.9 mil per year for 5 years for 24.5 mil total, read the article. He countered Baylor and said that is what is is gonna take to get him there.

Morris currently makes 2.0 mil a year at SMU and I think they made him an offer and he countered and said it's gonna take 5 years 24.5 mil for me to jump to Baylor into a world of isht.

They passed.

'Business as usual' for Chad Morris at SMU after talks with Baylor reportedly cool down | SportsDay

Wait! What? Don't believe everything that you read on the Interwebs?

No I think he meant don't believe everything you read on Syracusefan.com. ;)

You two have destroyed my faith in the unimpeachable integrity of the completely anonymous posters across the world wide web, wherein no one would dream of presenting anything less than the absolute truth in spite of their own tainted perspective

... well, you two and politicians, media personnel, Hollywood, Rutgers, etc.

CT Steckel ‏@ctsteckel 11h11 hours ago Allen, TX
I've been told Mike MacIntyre will interview for the #Baylor job after the PAC 12 title game. Believes it'd be a great fit. Faith & Football

McIntyre, Fedora & Fleck are on the short list in Waco. All are aware of the parameters of the deal. Now it's interview time... #Baylor

CT Steckel ‏@ctsteckel 11h11 hours ago Allen, TX
I've been told Mike MacIntyre will interview for the #Baylor job after the PAC 12 title game. Believes it'd be a great fit. Faith & Football

McIntyre, Fedora & Fleck are on the short list in Waco. All are aware of the parameters of the deal. Now it's interview time... #Baylor

Oh man, Colorada fanbase is going to have an epic meltdown if this occurs. It took over a decade to get back to respectability and now, after a very good season, their coach is gone.

Oh man, Colorada fanbase is going to have an epic meltdown if this occurs. It took over a decade to get back to respectability and now, after a very good season, their coach is gone.

*pins for Dino's 10-2 season in 2019*

Why would you leave Colorado for the train wreck that is Baylor ? Same thing for Fedora to leave UNC for Wacko. How can that possibly be a promotion ?