Mets 2019 Season Thread | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Mets 2019 Season Thread

The 'Pons gotta use that insurance money to recoup from the Madoff scandal. It's neauseating how they use this team as their personal war chest. They're completely content with spending minimal money to get a 75-82 win team on the field and break even.
It's not even that the are cheap... they spend it on the wrong players. They could have gotten Harper, Kimbrel, Keuchel for what they brought in, if you include Cano and Diaz. I think Diaz is a great reliever but its dumb to go in on an elite closer when the rest of your team is in shambles... lipstick on a pig. And Familia has been a scary reliever since the royals beat him up... no matter what the numbers say. It's like they figure out exactly how much they need to spend so people believe they are trying without actually going all in on a complete roster rebuild which is what needs to happen.

If I were GM, I would trade Thor, Diaz for as many prospects as I could get and resign Wheeler ASAP to a long term deal. I'd also listen to offers for DeGrom... the Mets, as currently constructed, aren't going to be good anytime during the rest of his career. He deserves another shot. They also need to move Rosario out of short. Rebuild around McNeil, Alonso, Conforto, Rosario. Everyone else has one to two years to prove it or go. They also either need to trade Dom Smith or find a place for his bat. This team does not have enough above average major league bats or arms. It's time to blow the whole thing up... It was so stupid to trade for Diaz and Cano without doing anything else to significantly improve the roster. Complete waste of assets.

I wonder what happens if the manager doesn't let Matt Harvey bully him into pitching another inning in that world series game.

I wonder what happens if the manager doesn't let Matt Harvey bully him into pitching another inning in that world series game.
I wonder what happens if the manager discussed the matter calmly and sent Harvey back out rather than riling him up and letting him go pitch like a hothead.

Bad managing by Collins either way.

I wonder what happens if Timo runs hard on that ball of the wall in 00'.
I wonder what happens if Beltran swings the bat in 06'.
I wonder what happens if Familia doesn't try to quick pitch Gordon in 15'.

Those three plays will keep me up at night as a Mets fan for the rest of my life until we win another World Series.

Those two plays will keep me up at night as a Mets fan for the rest of my life.

Don't forget this:

Don't forget this:

Edited my post. Moreso Beltran. You can't control what other guys do, but you can control your own play. To this day I'm convinced if Beltran gets a hit and we win Game 7 we'd win the WS against the Tigers.

I wonder what happens if Beltran swings the bat in 06'.

Those three plays will keep me up at night as a Mets fan for the rest of my life until we win another World Series.

Or if Gooden doesn't decide he can't afford to walk Scioscia... :mad:

Or if Stanley doesn't throw that wild pitch or Buckner... :rolleyes:

Mets change their Font after getting 7 outs, giving up 8 base runners, 5 of which have scored, (with another at second).

I couldn't resist the pun. Font's record suggests that his success last year with the Rays was an aberration:
Wilmer Font
He seems like the perfect replacement for Valdez, if you catch my drift.

Mets change their Font after getting 7 outs, giving up 8 base runners, 5 of which have scored, (with another at second).

I couldn't resist the pun. Font's record suggests that his success last year with the Rays was an aberration:
Wilmer Font
He seems like the perfect replacement for Valdez, if you catch my drift.
Yet they waste the whole off season not getting anyone while signing a dozen infielders. Brilliant!

This team is a freaking joke one hit by the worst team in baseball. Calloway and Brodie should both get canned.

This team is a freaking joke one hit by the worst team in baseball. Calloway and Brodie should both get canned.

Brodie's not going anywhere, unfortunately. I didn't like this hire. I wanted the Bloom analytics guy from the Rays. Mickey should be canned, however. How can a guy who was a former top pitching coach not be able to fix our starters' woes?

Brodie's not going anywhere, unfortunately. I didn't like this hire. I wanted the Bloom analytics guy from the Rays. Mickey should be canned, however. How can a guy who was a former top pitching coach not be able to fix our starters' woes?
In Mickey’s defense, is there really that much he can do? I mean DeGrom has gone from being unhittable to being a human piñata. I don’t think you can blame Callaway for that. The reality is Thor, Matz, Wheeler and everyone else has pitched to expectations. Thor might be worse than I would have expected, but the rest are just very inconsistent dudes. The bullpen is atrocious which is forcing Callaway into picking the tallest dwarf in the pen. The problems with the team are more on Brodie and the Wilpons then Callaway in my opinion. They did nothing to fix the flaws which is that they don’t have enough, consistent, above average MLB talent.

Cespedes being 70% of the first season when he came over would make a huge difference in this team. get rid of frazier. who knew the good hitting catcher would suddenly stop hitting.

Degrom has been strange though.. he has had 4-5 lights out starts and 4-5 just god awful ones.

Cano needs to hit an ok .280 and Lowrie needs to hit .280 when he comes back too.

Alonso is hitting his down time, but i think he will turn it around and get to .280 as well.

Conforto is the one that seems to always look like he has it going and the go south..

mcneil is solid, but Nimo is killing them after such a good year.

i can live with the pitching, as most teams are having the sam issues.

Cespedes being 70% of the first season when he came over would make a huge difference in this team. get rid of frazier. who knew the good hitting catcher would suddenly stop hitting.

Degrom has been strange though.. he has had 4-5 lights out starts and 4-5 just god awful ones.

Cano needs to hit an ok .280 and Lowrie needs to hit .280 when he comes back too.

Alonso is hitting his down time, but i think he will turn it around and get to .280 as well.

Conforto is the one that seems to always look like he has it going and the go south..

mcneil is solid, but Nimo is killing them after such a good year.

i can live with the pitching, as most teams are having the sam issues.

Cespedes' first game as a Met was 8/1/15. Since then the Mets have played 589 games and Cespedes has played in 308 of them, 52%. He should be well under 50% when he returns.

And...that looks like that's going to be it for the Mickey era. It's fitting that his last loss as a Met comes from a pitcher named Sandy.

The cano deal could go down as one of the worst moves ever, only 4 and a half years left of this ped using bum. Could have kept the prospects, signed andrew miller, and spent the money elsewhere. Thanks Brodie.

Broken record here: they never should've resigned that guy. He's a career loser who helped the club catch lightning in a bottle in the second half of 2015. That was the right time to cut bait.

The cano deal could go down as one of the worst moves ever, only 4 and a half years left of this ped using bum. Could have kept the prospects, signed andrew miller, and spent the money elsewhere. Thanks Brodie.

Get yours now:
obi wan kenobi bobblehead mets - Google Search

Do Not Let The Barrage Of Mets Failures Distract You From This Mets Failure

Deadspin linking a Ken Rosenthal column; I don't have time to read the latter. But I'm of the mind that this is the worst thing the Wilpons have ever done, bringing in an agent as GM. It's textbook conflict of interest. I was willing to see how it played out with a somewhat open mind, but the Nido/Ramos thing has pretty much put me over the edge.

Do Not Let The Barrage Of Mets Failures Distract You From This Mets Failure

Deadspin linking a Ken Rosenthal column; I don't have time to read the latter. But I'm of the mind that this is the worst thing the Wilpons have ever done, bringing in an agent as GM. It's textbook conflict of interest. I was willing to see how it played out with a somewhat open mind, but the Nido/Ramos thing has pretty much put me over the edge.

Can't we just enjoy three wins over the Nationals for a little while?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom