Mets 2019 Season Thread | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Mets 2019 Season Thread

On May 22nd, Robert Gsellman had an ERA of 2.48. it is now 5.05. In his last 8 games he's gotten 20 guys out, given up 19 baserunners and 12 of them have scored. Robert Gasolineman.

Somehow, Jason Vargas is now our best pitcher: Giants vs. Mets - Box Score - June 5, 2019 - ESPN

since that disastrous 1/3 inning start in atlanta, he has a 1.85 era over 7 starts.
. . . but the mets are only 4-3 in those games, two of the three losses coming via shut out

In the grand tradition. The Mets have a history of failing to support their best pitcher going back to Seaver.

Keith Hernandez said that he watched part of Saturday's game and heard Joe Girardi praising the talent on the Mets team. he said that he thinks Joe wants to manage again. Gary Cohen responded: "The Mets have a manager."

I wonder what Joe could do with this team.

Question for the board: They just called Todd Frazier "Mr. Rutgers". Can I still root for him?

Go figure: Last year the Mets were 37-44 at home and 40-41 on the road. This year they are 19-11 at home and 13-22 on the road. If they'd won 63% of their home games last year they would have wound up 91-71 and won the division. if They'd won 49% of their road games this year they'd be 36-29 and in second place.

just those 2 blown 4 run leads last week from being pretty solid over the last 10-15 games.

The Mets bullpen has now given up 143 runs in 239 innings. 143 X 9 / 239 = 5.38 ERA.

so many blown saves its really hard to watch.

It also means that at some point the pitchers will hit a decent stretch and they could go like 12-4 and get above .500 and actually still be in this thing in august.

how they find that 4th RLVR to settle down the bull pen i dont know. Familia still looks like his stuff is moving all over but he goes from great to awful every game. sometimes in the same inning.

It also means that at some point the pitchers will hit a decent stretch and they could go like 12-4 and get above .500 and actually still be in this thing in august.

how they find that 4th RLVR to settle down the bull pen i dont know. Familia still looks like his stuff is moving all over but he goes from great to awful every game. sometimes in the same inning.

Last night his follow-through was so awkward he seemed to be falling off the mound. Calloway and his pitching coach should review the mechanics of these guys.

Imagine what their record would be without 16 blown saves. I said it after the first week of the season... this bullpen is going to cost the Mets a playoff run and nothing has changed to prove me wrong.

Imagine what their record would be without 16 blown saves. I said it after the first week of the season... this bullpen is going to cost the Mets a playoff run and nothing has changed to prove me wrong.

These are the ERAs of the pitchers the Mets have used in relief this year. The first figure is their career ERA coming into the season, the second their ERA this season. The guys who have performed at or better than their career norms are in bold.

Gsellman 4.38/4.78
Lugo 3.67/2.43
Diaz 2.64/3.58
Familia 2.73/6.91
Gagnon 5.25/6.27
Font 6.32/6.23
Bashlor 4.22/5.40
Avilan 3.09/9.28
Wilson 3.33/4.82
Santiago 4.05/6.75
Peterson 6.18/4.91
Seward 5.25/3.86

Oswalt 5.85/12.15
Zamora 3.00/6.00
Flexen 8.45/11.12
Rhame 6.53/8.10
O'Rourke 4.98/0.00

Maybe we should give the ball to O'Rourke? (I don't even remember him with the Mets - he has pitched for the Smets). By my calculation if the bullpen had just pitched up to their previously established standard, (their career ERA coming into the season), they would have given up 25 fewer runs and we might be in the race.

I liked Raiders of the Lost Ark but I wouldn't want to see it every night.

Even when the Mets win, it's like trying to squeeze the last toothpaste out of the tube.

Should be going for a sweep and almost ended up trying to avoid being swept.

tomorrow should be interesting. Lugo probably out. G is shaky, Diaz who knows, they better score 15 cause 5-8 seems to never be enough.

Chris Flexen has now given up 59 earned runs in 61 career inning pitched. It would suggest another line of work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom