Mets visit to the dome... | Syracusefan.com

Mets visit to the dome...

Jake

Mod
What an epic disaster this has turned into. Holy cow it’s embarrassing.

Any live updates?

It’s sad I’m more interested in seeing Tebow than anyone, anyone, on the current Mets roster.

Why come to Syracuse, Noah Syndergaard? It’s called marketing (Your letters)

For those of you that are blocked from viewing Syracuse.com stories, here is the detail

To the Editor:

An open letter to Noah Syndergaard of the New York Mets:

It has come to my attention you are upset about having to spend two hours in Syracuse, home of the New York Mets Triple A farm club (“Noah Syndergaard, other New York Mets unhappy about team’s trip to Syracuse,” March 24, 2019). You are concerned over the equipment condition in Syracuse because Syracuse University does not have a baseball team and the club team does not play in the Carrier Dome, where you’ll be practicing. You are sure (having never been in Syracuse, you are sure?) the amenities in Syracuse aren’t the best for a Major League Baseball team.

Well, wouldn’t you think your farm club is already well-stocked with all the professional equipment they need to begin the season in Syracuse next month? And wouldn’t you think they could probably take some of that professional equipment from NBT Stadium, where they play, to the Carrier Dome, where you’ll be? Now the two facilities are 1.2 miles from each other, and it does take four minutes to drive that distance. But, we do have modern transportation vehicles here, even though we’re not The City.

Now, to the “why” you and your teammates are coming to Syracuse: It’s called marketing. You see, if I might repeat myself, Syracuse is the new home of the Mets’ Triple A team. The objective of bringing the major league team to Syracuse for a meet-and-greet is for Central New York fans to have the opportunity to ... meet you ... for the first time. And, Mr. Syndergaard, in the unfortunate event that, at some time in the future, you are injured and need to rehabilitate your arm or your leg, guess where you’re going to have to rehabilitate that arm or leg?

You are right about one thing, though. Decisions such as where you practice before the season starts are way above your multi-million dollar pay grade.
Bill Brower
Oxford

I’d say I dislike the Mets but their incompetence makes me feel better about my team annually

Syracuse residents are so outraged by Syndergaard, they decided not to attend. ;)
I'm a Yankees fan ever since 1974 and remember when the Chiefs were their affiliate. I still go to plenty of Chiefs game though and for the most part it's been pretty good baseball. It's much better since Jason Smoral took over no doubt.

I have to say that this dust up with Syndergaard was about as dumb as it gets, he'll get no love from the locals unless they're the diehards. It's a punch in the mouth to Syracuse that was so damn unnecessary and really classless.

It's already difficult enough to get the casual fan to go to NBT, I had hope that being affiliated with the Mets would change that. Maybe the casual fan isn't going to care one way or the other I suppose when the season starts. I guess we'll wait and see.

I think you're going overboard. He didn't even say anything specifically bad about Syracuse.
I just saw the other thread in the bball forum and read the posts there. This is the twitter feed I read yesterday, not the story on Syracuse.com. I don't disagree with his sentiments regarding the timing of the trip, I think as a professional person being paid by an organization that scheduled the trip, he would have been better off taking the high road.

Any pictures?

I left my phone in my car, like an idiot. Because I was not much farther from the mound than I am from my computer monitor right now and I could've had some great shots. It was a neat experience.

I left my phone in my car, like an idiot. Because I was not much farther from the mound than I am from my computer monitor right now and I could've had some great shots. It was a neat experience.
Im astonished more than a couple thousand went. Really good sign for the chiefs season. I think people just need to get the word out that its a nice thing to do when the weathers mild or nice

Im astonished more than a couple thousand went. Really good sign for the chiefs season. I think people just need to get the word out that its a nice thing to do when the weathers mild or nice

If I lived in Cuse or right outside of it I’d be there all the time.

Cheap tickets, solid food and beer selections, easy to get to, easy parking, etc.

It’s an inexpensive and hassle free experience. Plus it’s pretty good ball.

If I lived in Cuse or right outside of it I’d be there all the time.

Cheap tickets, solid food and beer selections, easy to get to, easy parking, etc.

It’s an inexpensive and hassle free experience. Plus it’s pretty good ball.
Thursday $2 drafts and $1 hot dogs as if baseball jesus came down from the heavens to syacuse to tell me to up my townie status to Syracuse Mets season ticket holder

Any pictures?

Ask and ye shall receive.

EA3ECC98-04A3-4919-883B-720B4A8D5B1E.jpeg
FD70A7EE-4FF1-41B0-BD6A-BEEE902CE530.jpeg

It was great - Players did their part and I'd say the 4,000 number they listed for attendance was pretty close (maybe a tad juiced). It was by no means a disaster.

All that said - I don't think the Mets or this event save baseball in this area. Tebow and new team will resonate this year, but I remain concerned about the long time lifespan of AAA baseball in this community.

It was great - Players did their part and I'd say the 4,000 number they listed for attendance was pretty close (maybe a tad juiced). It was by no means a disaster.

All that said - I don't think the Mets or this event save baseball in this area. Tebow and new team will resonate this year, but I remain concerned about the long time lifespan of AAA baseball in this community.

If they make the stadium into a genuine daytime attraction alongside baseball it could blow up for my age demographic no doubt (22-28).

The area the stadium is in is just an unbelievble turn off but uber will help. They need to somehow safely connect the fairgrounds to tipp or downtown.

If they make the stadium into a genuine daytime attraction alongside baseball it could blow up for my age demographic no doubt (22-28).

The area the stadium is in is just an unbelievble turn off but uber will help. They need to somehow safely connect the fairgrounds to tipp or downtown.
I've been saying that for years, actually just connect it to the inner harbor as it's much closer. That section of Hiawatha and Wolf St. need a renovation but it won't happen until they rezone and buy out the strip clubs, which have no business being in a residential area.

when 81 becomes a tunnel wont there be a nice park connecting Destiny to the ball park?

That was almost an hour before the event even started. By the time it was finished, almost all of the lower bowl was full. Pretty impressive turnout, IMO.
I'm glad to hear that, it's good for local baseball. Opening day is next Thursday, I've penciled in for a day of PTO and am waiting on the weather outlook. Opening day at the ballpark here is an event, especially if the weather is halfway decent. When I was in junior high & high school I could bring in a note getting out of classes to go to opening day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom