Miami is on the clock... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Miami is on the clock...

No, Carey was down to between SU and Miami and then the FBI bombshell hit. It became an easy choice for Carey at that point.

Nasir Little is recruit that Miami was trying to land.

I'd be surprised if the FBI turns up anything significant on Larranga's phone or email. He's smart enough to have a firewall of some sort, which is why I think Miami was so eager to turn over their records.

Agreed. But the FBI doesn't Willy Nilly makes statements like "we believe coach three had knowledge of the proposed transaction" without some level of evidence.

There are two people involved in every communication. One person might firewall it...but the other?

Would not surprise me if it's just heresay evidence implicating Laranagga...but I think there is more to come here st both Arizona and Miami.

This is the FBI. I think these guys are in way over their heads. The FBI can probably prove more than they have said they suspect. They're probably letting these guys hang themselves a bit and then they'll plea out.

There are two people involved in every communication. One person might firewall it...but the other?
By firewall, I mean that there will not be a paper trail between Larranga and his assistant coaches. No emails directing them to do anything shady, no texts, etc. There may be phone calls, but even then, I think anything of this sort between the HC and boosters/assistant coaches happens through in-person verbal innuendo. The HC makes it known that Recruit A is highly regarded and then the assistants and boosters make the deals happen.

I don't think they're maybe as careful as drug cartels or the mafia (organizations with decades of being the target), but I do think HCs take enough precautions to ensure plausible deniability. Pitino apparently didn't, though, so anything is possible.

I still think there is no other shoe to drop. The way of the Feds - big presser, lots of chest pumping and as time goes on very little actual results.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom