Miami opens -14.5 over SU | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Miami opens -14.5 over SU

I'm hoping one of you experts can explain this to me.

So if Miami is -900, you have to risk $900 to win $100. And Say syracuse is +600. You win $600 on a $100 bet. Is my understanding correct?
Correct. This is called the Moneyline. Like Bam said, this is just a straight up bet with no spread. Basically it’s saying Cuse is 6/1 to win or 14%. For comparison, we were 10% to beat Clemson

$20 to win $120 its a great bet.. $100 to win $600 i get worried.

LAst week I had said clemson was to proud to fake injuries. This week I don’t put the canes in the same class. I would bet it if Vegas had a line on it but I’ll set the over under on “cramps” at 7... despite their fans saying we can’t come to their weather and play it will be their players gasping and laying down

dont-worry-smiley-emoticon.gif

LAst week I had said clemson was to proud to fake injuries. This week I don’t put the canes in the same class. I would bet it if Vegas had a line on it but I’ll set the over under on “cramps” at 7... despite their fans saying we can’t come to their weather and play it will be their players gasping and laying down
Vegas will lay any bet you offer them...

Yep and that was supposed to work against Lsu but it was them who got tired

Yep and that was supposed to work against Lsu but it was them who got tired
I don't think Cuse will have an issue with the weather/heat but wasn't the LSU game at night?

I don't think Cuse will have an issue with the weather/heat but wasn't the LSU game at night?
In dome, it's regularly 100+ degrees at field level with very high humidity.

I expect we will be moving up and down the field regularly, so I'm taking the over. I think there will be 1-2 real injuries, and 8-10 cases of "Dino itis"

q9HHyHPISNZD2.gif

While Walton being out sucks because he is really good we still have Travis Homer who is also really good. He has more speed than Walton. He ran for around 170 yards during his first start last week vs GT.
Thanks for the input. What made Walton the starter, better in pass protection, stronger at getting yards through contact, better at catching out of the backfield, etc?

Weather report in Miami says thunderstorms on Saturday. Haven't looked at a detailed report - just iPhone. Makes me nervous for the line.

Baffled by this line, but not concerned. I guess more confused that people really bet this up so high.

Weather report in Miami says thunderstorms on Saturday. Haven't looked at a detailed report - just iPhone. Makes me nervous for the line.

Not sure I've ever been to Miami without thunderstorms in the forecast.

Probably 30% of those days there actually were thunderstorms. And half of those didn't last 30 minutes.

Smart money to cuse big tomorrow. Line will be close to 15 at kick...

I want to take this line so bad. Have never bet before but I feel like this is the last year we get such gaudy lines.

Smart money to cuse big tomorrow. Line will be close to 15 at kick...

Have to assume so. I don't see how money isn't flowing on 17.5. It's 17 a lot of places. May hold steady or drop a point. Just don't see how we don't cover 17.5.

Thunderstorms at noon and again at 9PM, game time partly cloudy. Field will be wet, and humidity high. I will take those conditions over raining and high winds. Wet field should actually help our receivers as long as winds are reasonable.

Have to assume so. I don't see how money isn't flowing on 17.5. It's 17 a lot of places. May hold steady or drop a point. Just don't see how we don't cover 17.5.
I am in Vegas this week. I need to get down to the sport book early tomorrow.

Never bet before so I don't know what I'm looking at entirely. When I just checked it said 73% Syracuse for spread and 58% Money. Not sure what it means but I would guess that the trend is 58% Syracuse to win on straight W/L bets and 73% of spread bets are picking Syracuse + 17.5?

Am I understanding that right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom