Miami or Oklahoma City? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Miami or Oklahoma City?

nothing will silence the haters, they will just offer up a multitude of reasons why (a) he has to win more than one , and (b) this one doesn't count anyway because (fill in the blank)

Nah, just like everyone shut up when Kobe won w/o Shaq, haters will shut up if he wins.

Fortunately for Lebronanon, if he loses, you can just say "hey, he's the one of the greatest players ever, STILL...he doesn't have to win...umm...errr...PER...uhh... just like Barkley and Oscar, AMIRITE??"

MIA has no idea about the bomb that is about to drop on them. Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka...these guys come in waves. Meanwhile Lebron is the best player on the court, but Wade looks gimpy and Bosh still isn't quite back to health. They'll need to drain a bunch of 3's to steal a game in OKC. I dont have faith in the supporting cast.

the spurs and lakers bounced is the equivalent of jordan retiring, no?
no Kobe was the second leader scorer this year and the spurs won 20 in a row before meeting OKC! We are watching the next dynasty form in the NBA

the spurs and lakers bounced is the equivalent of jordan retiring, no?

spin it how you want the west has been superior for a while. even when jordan when on his runs- the west was much deeper. over the past decade duncan, dirk,shaq, kobe have been the immovable force that only a few teams in the east have managed to overcome. the east has been essentially boston, whoever lebron is playing for and orlando. while out west you went 6 deep and then even 7 a couple years. to not acknowledge this is just foolish. as for team defense miami is #1 in the half court but somewhere in the middle in transition. they counter that with their ability to score in transition off made buckets.

as for team defense miami is #1 in the half court but somewhere in the middle in transition. they counter that with their ability to score in transition off made buckets.[/quote]

Miami was only number in team defense because the feasted on the East which had the 4 worse teams in the league the bobcats, Washington Detroit, and Toronto

Who do you think will win and why?

I like Oklahoma's speed and I think they have more size that Miami is prepared to deal with. I also love their home crowd. It's the most like a college experience in the NBA. Kind of unique crowd. You'd think it was a Kansas game.

A couple years ago Golden St. won 50 games and missed the playoffs. That tells you all you need to know the recent strength of the Western Conference.

when I was trying to decide my pick I thought back to how OKC made on court adjustments so quickly against the spurs starting with game 3. Using that example I felt they had to be the big favorite. Then Lebron stepped it up bigtime against Boston. Tonight, in the 2nd half brooks outcoached spoelstra and most importantly, the thunder players out played the heat mentally just as much as physically. Lebron and Wade will have to make tough shots all series to win it. They made some tonight but they failed to seize the opportunity when OKC came out ice cold. The lead should have been 12 or 15.

Durant is a pleasure to watch. He does it all but so smoothly. That sweeping layup in the 4th.. oh my goodness. Harden was a bit ineffective, but that will change. I think Miami is in trouble. OKC just has too many answers. But like the Spurs-OKC series you can never know for sure.

Wade looks clumsy and kind of "in the way" right now. Lebron alone is not enough to beat OKC. But, Miami needs to basically feed LBJ every time down the floor to have a shot. Waaaaay too much Wade with the ball in his hands, I thought.

Even if LBJ plays like the MVP he is, OKC is bigger and deeper.
Classroom beats playground in 6!

nothing will silence the haters, they will just offer up a multitude of reasons why (a) he has to win more than one , and (b) this one doesn't count anyway because (fill in the blank)

nothing will silence the lebron lovers when he fails to win a ring again, they will just offer up a multitude of excuses such as (a) the supporting cast stinks, and (b) he took a team with udonis haslem as its starting center to the finals!

Wade looks clumsy and kind of "in the way" right now. Lebron alone is not enough to beat OKC. But, Miami needs to basically feed LBJ every time down the floor to have a shot. Waaaaay too much Wade with the ball in his hands, I thought.

Totally agree. And as I stated and you stated previously in these prediction threads, Wade is not healthy.

They need to go all in with LeBron.

But 5 points from Harden and having Battier hit all those threes and still losing by double digits is not a good sign.

But 5 points from Harden and having Battier hit all those threes and still losing by double digits is not a good sign.

Yes, I thought earlier in the game when Battier and Chalmers were hitting 3's that this was a game Miami needed to win. Looked like Lebron wasn't guarding Durant much down the stretch; I'm not sure I understand that. THey had Wade on him more, and Durant can just shoot right over the top of him.

the way i see it, the only chance miami has is if lebron adjusts.

miami can't win if lebron averages: 30 points, 10 boards, 5 assists.
but i think miami can win if lebron averages: 24 points, 13 boards, 8 assists.

and for lebron to adjust his offensive output, that means two things:

1. he is more determined to defend and control durant than anything else.
2. he is set on making sure guys like wade play well on offense.

the way i see it, the only chance miami has is if lebron adjusts.

miami can't win if lebron averages: 30 points, 10 boards, 5 assists.
but i think miami can win if lebron averages: 24 points, 13 boards, 8 assists.

and for lebron to adjust his offensive output, that means two things:

1. he is more determined to defend and control durant than anything else.
2. he is set on making sure guys like wade play well on offense.

The 11 minute stretch in the 2nd half where Lebron didn't score a basket might make others draw a different conclusion. There is no one who can be counted on night in and night out other than Bron right now on that squad.

The 11 minute stretch in the 2nd half where Lebron didn't score a basket might make others draw a different conclusion. There is no one who can be counted on night in and night out other than Bron right now on that squad.

ah, but lebron wasn't guarding KD during that stretch either. he needs to overrule coach erik, and say: "i'm checking KD, every play, all day."

and during that same stretch when lebron didn't score, neither did his teammates. lebron was trying to get them the ball, they just weren't executing.

so i think lebron needs to establish that mind set early on: defense & setting up wade. everyone knows lebron can score 45 on his own, but that won't win them the title, at least not vs okc.

ah, but lebron wasn't guarding KD during that stretch either. he needs to overrule coach erik, and say: "i'm checking KD, every play, all day."

and during that same stretch when lebron didn't score, neither did his teammates. lebron was trying to get them the ball, they just weren't executing.

so i think lebron needs to establish that mind set early on: defense & setting up wade. everyone knows lebron can score 45 on his own, but that won't win them the title, at least not vs okc.

Pretty much dead on from my perspective. The key to this series is Wade. DWade on KD isn't gonna work.

44cuse

I don't know if Lebron should be checking Durant the whole way, that might be too much to ask, but he needs to be on him in the last 8 minutes or whatever.

And Wade has been really hit and miss, and that may be kind to him.

This is that awkward stage where Wade is moving from "top 5 player" to "garden variety - waning all star player". He likely wants to prove everyone wrong, and that hurts the team in the end.

I hope he acts more like Boston game 6 and 7...let Lebron carry the mail. Wade doing his 1 on 1 thing seems counter productive right now. Even shots he was hitting, falling away off one leg were mostly poor percentage shots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom