Miami or Oklahoma City? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Miami or Oklahoma City?

He's battling a knee injury, I think. So I wonder how much of it is that, how much of it is he's a 30 y ear old player who relied on overwhelming athleticism. Either way, if you aren't right that it's happening now, it's going to happen in the next 2 years or so

Its like Michael Jordan told Derrick Rose... you can only fall to the floor so many times in your career. Stay on your feet son! Wade made a living falling into a heap on every drive to the basket. It worked in his favor a lot...refs aren't blowing that whistle for him like they used to.

This is that awkward stage where Wade is moving from "top 5 player" to "garden variety - waning all star player". He likely wants to prove everyone wrong, and that hurts the team in the end.

I hope he acts more like Boston game 6 and 7...let Lebron carry the mail. Wade doing his 1 on 1 thing seems counter productive right now. Even shots he was hitting, falling away off one leg were mostly poor percentage shots.

He really reminded me of older Iverson last night. Where he has that burst every once in awhile, but jacks way too many deep shots.

He really reminded me of older Iverson last night. Where he has that burst every once in awhile, but jacks way too many deep shots.

six years ago wade had that explosiveness for 48 mins a night. but now he only can show that for about 12 mins a night. i'm sure his bad knee has something to do with it, but it's also age and wear-n-tear.

watching westbrook attack non-stop actually reminds me of wade's game when he was younger.

You know reading all of these takes to me it's a very simple reason why OKC will win. They have a bench and young legs that will always out last a Miami team that is 6 deep. To me OKC looks fresh all game long while Miami drags. I am not saying this to dog Lebron/Wade/Bosh I am saying this because Miami is going to lose in 4 games if they don't start playing a little stall ball at points during the game.

I'm interested in these things but have no idea what they actually mean. Do you have anything to compare it to?
They said its the biggest rating for a Game 1 since Lakers/Nets in 2002.

Lebron on Durant is a bad idea! OKC runs a lot of pick and roll with harden and ibaka/perkins in late game situations with durant setting up at three point line on strong side. Miami needs Lebron to help in pick and roll action this is why he was on perkins last night. Plus if lebron is at the three point guarding durant westbrook and harden will get to the rim at will. Lebron on perkins or serge allows him to roam and help on other players and get seals he had 4 last night. Lebron on Durant is great for TV and I would love to see it but Miami can't stop OKC 4 on 4 which is what would happen. Miami lack of a post presents on offense and defense and it is being exposed.

Dwade is a shell of his former self and at his best westbrook would be a handful. The bottom line is OKC is a better team! They shoot better, drive the ball just as well, rebound better, defend the drive better, and they are deeper. There is no solving this puzzle.

Gotta give Lebron some credit. Sefalosha on him all game with double team help and he still gets 32 and closes out the game. 12-12 from the line. Bosh and Battier were huge as well. I really didnt think Miami had any shot in this series. I still think OKC wins, but now they will be playing with a bit of pressure on them. If they were up 2-0, they would be loosey goosey down in the MIA. Now they'll have to think about it a little...

Gotta give Lebron some credit. Sefalosha on him all game with double team help and he still gets 32 and closes out the game. 12-12 from the line. Bosh and Battier were huge as well. I really didnt think Miami had any shot in this series. I still think OKC wins, but now they will be playing with a bit of pressure on them. If they were up 2-0, they would be loosey goosey down in the MIA. Now they'll have to think about it a little...

i'd say lebron deserves more than some credit. so far, lebron has been brilliant in not only the finals but the entire playoffs.

okc will win one in miami. the series will be 3-2 heat heading back to okc.

i'd say lebron deserves more than some credit. so far, lebron has been brilliant in not only the finals but the entire playoffs.

okc will win one in miami. the series will be 3-2 heat heading back to okc.

LeBron hasn't done jack !@ until he wins a championship. Playoff scoring averages, MVP's, 1st team nba all defense, guarding 5 positions on the floor, playing 46 minutes...none of it means anything. And this is Wade's team. LeBron is second fiddle.

You apparently don't read the quality nba analysis on this board. Plus, the NBA is fixed and defense doesn't matter so who cares?

44cuse

LeBron hasn't done jack !@ until he wins a championship. Playoff scoring averages, MVP's, 1st team nba all defense, guarding 5 positions on the floor, playing 46 minutes...none of it means anything. And this is Wade's team. LeBron is second fiddle.

You apparently don't read the quality nba analysis on this board. Plus, the NBA is fixed and defense doesn't matter so who cares?

44cuse
Makes me sick. If only people could step back from the ledge and enjoy watching one of the greatest players of all time.

Makes me sick. If only people could step back from the ledge and enjoy watching one of the greatest players of all time.

The NBA is fixed.

44cuse

That game was crazy. Lebron is doing a good job shedding that choker label. The bank shot he hit wit a minute and change left was nice.

With that being said Lebron/Wade/Bosh all brough their A games, Battier went bezerk from 3 again and the Heat played probably their best game in a longgggg time.....and they still had to get lucky that there was no foul called on Lebron when he clearly fouled Durant with 11 secs left which would have tied the game.

That game was crazy. Lebron is doing a good job shedding that choker label. The bank shot he hit wit a minute and change left was nice.

With that being said Lebron/Wade/Bosh all brough their A games, Battier went bezerk from 3 again and the Heat played probably their best game in a longgggg time.....and they still had to get lucky that there was no foul called on Lebron when he clearly fouled Durant with 11 secs left which would have tied the game.

I've never understood these comments when people say things like team X did this and you can't expect that to happen again or player Z did this and he won't do that again, or your comment A B and C happened and they still barely won. You could easily say the Thunder needed Durant to literally not miss for one and a half quarters and have a 6th foul call ignored with 8ish minutes to go, and Miami to have terrible late game execution besides great individual plays by LeBron Wade and Bosh to keep them afloat just to stay in it on their home floor where they've been able to steamroll people. I mean your right in that every game is different but they brought their A games because they're great players, Battier went berserk from 3 because the last two games he's been WIDE OPEN, and the Heat played well (they've had many good games all playoffs long) because they're a very good team.

I've never understood these comments when people say things like team X did this and you can't expect that to happen again or player Z did this and he won't do that again, or your comment A B and C happened and they still barely won. You could easily say the Thunder needed Durant to literally not miss for one and a half quarters and have a 6th foul call ignored with 8ish minutes to go, and Miami to have terrible late game execution besides great individual plays by LeBron Wade and Bosh to keep them afloat just to stay in it on their home floor where they've been able to steamroll people. I mean your right in that every game is different but they brought their A games because they're great players, Battier went berserk from 3 because the last two games he's been WIDE OPEN, and the Heat played well (they've had many good games all playoffs long) because they're a very good team.
Oh agreed, but eventually Battier will cool down....right lol? Im just saying Lebron and Wade were on the top of their game and Bosh/Battier played great. They havent had all those players clicking at the same time until last night in the playoffs and they still squandered a huge lead ala Game 1 and that was a terrible missed call on Lebron, where he fouled Durant with 11 secs left. Battier banking in threes, Durant playing with 5 fouls, and a gift bucket on a bs goaltending, Lebron going to the line for 2 off a phantom foul on Perkins or Sefalosha (forgot who). Im just saying Miami was incredible imo, got some calls last night and still barely held on.

I disagree that Durant charged into Battier. When Durant took off, Battier took a mini step under him. Durant was already gathered, it was a block...not everything can be a charge.

44cuse

you watch too much skip "fox news" bayless

You could also make the case that Westbrook, Durant and Harden all went off and lost...at home.

Out of the 8 quarters Miami has win 2. The first quarter of each game, and Miami is playing great! Battier and Bosh are playing the best I have seen them play in years! But OKC can easily fix there slow starts, that's nerves, being a little over hyped, etc. Giving the fact that Durant only 39min do to foul trouble and they still almost came back to win shows how good that team is. Miami is playing close to their ceiling, OKC has another level it can go.

Oh agreed, but eventually Battier will cool down....right lol? Im just saying Lebron and Wade were on the top of their game and Bosh/Battier played great. They havent had all those players clicking at the same time until last night in the playoffs and they still squandered a huge lead ala Game 1 and that was a terrible missed call on Lebron, where he fouled Durant with 11 secs left. Battier banking in threes, Durant playing with 5 fouls, and a gift bucket on a bs goaltending, Lebron going to the line for 2 off a phantom foul on Perkins or Sefalosha (forgot who). Im just saying Miami was incredible imo, got some calls last night and still barely held on.

I disagree that Durant charged into Battier. When Durant took off, Battier took a mini step under him. Durant was already gathered, it was a block...not everything can be a charge.

Battier is getting wide open looks because his man is so concerned with providing weakide help on Wade and LeBron. If they keep leaving him all alone who knows.

The foul complaints are old. Literally since the first game of the playoffs people have been making it seem the Heat only win because of officials. Do they get calls? Yes. Every team does. What about Harden kicking his leg out for 3 ft's when Miller stood there, Ibaka deflecting chalmers pass on the baseline out of bounds and it's thunder ball, sefolosha grabs lebrons forearm down and they call out of bounds( IMO you could call a foul on sefolosha everytime LeBron posts him up. He grabs reaches and bodies him up LeBrons just so strong it's not noticed) heck watch battier's banked in 3 and see Westbrook run into him and knock him over. Do I expec these calls? No, refs make mistakes on both sides every game. The Durant/Battier was a 50/50 call that went in OKC favor. Many say block, many say charge, honestly probably just depends on who you want to win.

Battier is getting wide open looks because his man is so concerned with providing weakide help on Wade and LeBron. If they keep leaving him all alone who knows.

The foul complaints are old. Literally since the first game of the playoffs people have been making it seem the Heat only win because of officials. Do they get calls? Yes. Every team does. What about Harden kicking his leg out for 3 ft's when Miller stood there, Ibaka deflecting chalmers pass on the baseline out of bounds and it's thunder ball, sefolosha grabs lebrons forearm down and they call out of bounds( IMO you could call a foul on sefolosha everytime LeBron posts him up. He grabs reaches and bodies him up LeBrons just so strong it's not noticed) heck watch battier's banked in 3 and see Westbrook run into him and knock him over. Do I expec these calls? No, refs make mistakes on both sides every game. The Durant/Battier was a 50/50 call that went in OKC favor. Many say block, many say charge, honestly probably just depends on who you want to win.
Im certainly not blaming the whole game on the refs. Like i said before Miami played incredible. I was really impressed with them, and especially Lebron. If he can score in the clutch then there is nothing about his game anyone can hate over. Its just annoying that Lebron got a phantom foul call in his favor and Durant got fouled and it didnt get called. Both superstars, one got star treatment, one didnt.

Durant definitely got fouled on that play, sucks that they missed it. That's not even star treatment; he got fouled legitimately.

This series has the potential to be amazing. Agree the most likely scenario is Miami goes back to OKC up 3-2, needing to split to win the title.

Im certainly not blaming the whole game on the refs. Like i said before Miami played incredible. I was really impressed with them, and especially Lebron. If he can score in the clutch then there is nothing about his game anyone can hate over. Its just annoying that Lebron got a phantom foul call in his favor and Durant got fouled and it didnt get called. Both superstars, one got star treatment, one didnt.

Completely agree. And the whistle Lebron drew came after the miss AND after OKC had already corralled the rebound. Very late whistle. Durant clearly got fouled at the other end--surprised he didn't get that call at home.

Nevertheless, if you want to win in the NBA finals, don't get down 18-2. Make your free throws when you are trying to make a late comeback, James Harden. And don't put the game in the hands of the officials and rely upon them to make a call at the end.

Durant definitely got fouled on that play, sucks that they missed it. That's not even star treatment; he got fouled legitimately.

This series has the potential to be amazing. Agree the most likely scenario is Miami goes back to OKC up 3-2, needing to split to win the title.

i think the ref was out of position on the final play, but that one call wasn't the reason okc lost. durant would have needed to make two FTs and miami still would have had the final shot.

miami outplayed okc, bottom line, and they deserved to win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom