Miami Postgame Thoughts | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Miami Postgame Thoughts

Good crowd today. I was there and it was a pretty quiet for most of the game, but aside from JJ’s threes there wasn’t much to get excited about until the final 4 minutes. It got electric when it mattered.

I’m glad we could show the Miami players what a real gameday atmosphere is like. I watched their recent game against FSU and felt bad for them, their arena was like a morgue.

Big win against a team who’s also hanging around the bubble. A must-win, as most games are the rest of the way. JJ seeming to find his shot could be what puts us in the tournament. Can’t not mention Syracuse Orange Legend Quadir with the biggest shot of the year thus far. This team is rollin’!

Fabulous game to watch. The fourth quarter back and forth trading buckets was really fun to see.

Chris, Judah, and Cope all had trouble buying a bucket, yet all ended up with major positive contributions.

Judah had his best game ever as a floor general w 13 dimes and he was a beast off the glass with 8 boards. Chris made two huge threes in the end of game back and forth, but alas he gave them back on the D end. Cope was solid at the FT line and played strong D, but his game winning trey was the joker in the deck.

It was Maliq and JJ who were the stars throughout. JJ had a career high 6 treys on his way to a 22 point effort and Maliq had his double-double along with other stat stuffers.

Red has these guys showing no quit despite trailing almost the entire game. They are fun to watch !!!

The real challenge is to pick a player of the game - JJ for his scoring, Maliq for doing it all, or Cope for hitting the game winner ??????
...not only did JJ have six threes but one he missed hit every side of the inside of the rim but would not stay down. Real head scratcher!!

Great win. We hung in there against a legit opponent. Miami’s good, Cleveland and Pack especially.

So many positives. Judah was awesome. Best floor game. Great job on the boards. Would like to see him look to push more once he gets a board.

JJ, wow.
Miami did find a way to lose to Louisville. Takes some real creative effort to do that.

...not only did JJ have six threes but one he missed hit every side of the inside of the rim but would not stay down. Real head scratcher!!
His shot is looking better. But, how about that form on Quadir. He caught the high pass, got his body right and had great form. Quadir is really close to becoming a really good shooter.

Fabulous game to watch. The fourth quarter back and forth trading buckets was really fun to see.

Chris, Judah, and Cope all had trouble buying a bucket, yet all ended up with major positive contributions.

Judah had his best game ever as a floor general w 13 dimes and he was a beast off the glass with 8 boards. Chris made two huge threes in the end of game back and forth, but alas he gave them back on the D end. Cope was solid at the FT line and played strong D, but his game winning trey was the joker in the deck.

It was Maliq and JJ who were the stars throughout. JJ had a career high 6 treys on his way to a 22 point effort and Maliq had his double-double along with other stat stuffers.

Red has these guys showing no quit despite trailing almost the entire game. They are fun to watch !!!

The real challenge is to pick a player of the game - JJ for his scoring, Maliq for doing it all, or Cope for hitting the game winner ??????
awesome post, my feelings exactly. To me the player of the game has to be Maliq. My thought for the last possession was Judah driving and dishing to Maliq for the dunk. But Maliq had to come out to get the inbound and they covered him well enough that Judah had a hard time seeing him. Cope was awesome throwing out his arm to show himself to bail out Judah, and hitting that shot was the second best play that could have won them the game.

I can’t believe the mods left the game thread open a few minutes after the game ended. What a treat!
I have had sooooo many posts at the buzzer get nailed when they slammed the door shut that I was gin shy to post even when I seen the thread still open

Excellent win, loved the end and seeing the guys so happy. Not going to say anything negative and will enjoy the win.
Cope was hilarious. I think he had family in the spot where buried the game winner. He stormed the stands after the shot, did the handshake line, then stormed the stands again with his phone, THEN came out of the locker room and went to the stands again!

ESPN showed Q making about 15 game-winners. I hope he has some left.
It’s funny, Pearl’s huge game winner will be 40 years ago tomorrow, Jan 21, 1984 also a Saturday! Q having a game buzzer winning shot almost 40 years later to the day!!

Reminds me of my mother (RIP) who was excited knowing that I was at that Saturday 1984 BC game when Pearl hit the game winner. I went to visit my mom the following Monday and she greeted me asking why I wasn’t at the game. I was confused - what game? She said she was watching SU on tv and said she couldn’t believe how great a player Pearl was winning both games at the end. God bless her, she had just watched a replay of the BC game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom