Miami Postgame Thoughts | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Miami Postgame Thoughts

I didn't realize this until I ceremoniously checked the Miami board (ceremonious after a W, at least), but we hit our last SIX 3-pointers. 6/6 to close. Great job showing up for a big game, which is something they haven't shown much of until today.
So, we were 6-26 from 3 before that point, apparently. Then went 6-6 to close the game? Wow!

Last game against Pitt he was making silky smooth jumpers, today we're back to square one. It's so bizarre.

So much of shooting is muscle memory, but Benny apparently has amnesia in that regard.
There were some comments in the game thread I think that mentioned how all of his shots today were a tad short. Of course the flatness of his shots give him little wiggle room! I hope he visits the same Shot Doctor that got JJ over the hump. We really need his height in there on the backline.

I'm sure this has been mentioned above but we really have to figure out rim protection. The number of layups we allowed today was mind-boggling. Eight out of Miami's first nine baskets of the game were layups.

It was not a matter of strength, he got beat off the dribble. Why, when you see his on the break dunks there is no question about his foot speed. It is just a lack of concentration on his defensive assignment IMHO.

With his stroke he can be a good player, but he needs to round off his game. Get stronger and get more focused on things other than his shot.
Straight line speed and lateral quickness are two completely different animals, he seems not to have much lateral quickness.

I was disappointed in Autry's plan in the first half. Norchad was out and we had them in early foul trouble but just kept chucking instead of trying to create quality looks. We attempted more threes than twos in the first half.
Miami gets teams to attempt more threes than average. They’re pretty good at closing driving lanes and help defense. But Miami’s interior D is weak and gives up a worse than average FG%.

I’m not defending everything he does.…so don’t take this like I’m the Judah defense squad….

10 pts, 8 boards, 13 assists.

maybe this board can appreciate what he does sometimes, myself included.
really interesting - minus the assists - how similar he and Quadir were today.
Lots of FT's and rebounds.
Even the same number of steals and to's.

I keep thinking back to a week ago when the board experts said we should have picked a different coach.
Hey it’s all because of that assistant head coach they hired after Maui that this board thought was such a good idea. I guess the board is always right?

(Yes I’ll let this go someday… but probably not before the 2024 World Series)

no close game summary is complete without mentioning free throws were 15-5 . i know for a fact we'd all feel jobbed if that script was flipped.

12 fouls to 9, not too much of a discrepancy.

Last game against Pitt he was making silky smooth jumpers, today we're back to square one. It's so bizarre.

So much of shooting is muscle memory, but Benny apparently has amnesia in that regard.
Not saying Benny is lazy… but his shot definitely is. That one 3 that he air balled was such poor form its like he was in warm ups just throwing stuff up. Then he hit a 3 like three plays later.

It’s all about mentally staying in it play after play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom