Miami | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Miami

Hopefully both Black and Coleman are finally back for this one. It doesn't sound like Scoop will be able to play which really stinks but hopefully others that stepped up against Clemson can do the same thing.

After reading the Clemson and Miami boards, they clearly think the win on Friday night was a fluke to a lowly Syracuse team that is one of the WORST teams out there. After talking to some Clemson people in the airport as we were beating them, they had absolutely NO respect for our football team and didn't think we belonged in the ACC. Kept calling us a basketball school with a sucky football program. That's the national perception right now. Time to shock the world. If 'Cuse is focused, we beat Miami on the road!!!!

When talking to the Clemson people, all I kept thinking was Dino saying "It's not their fault. They don't know".

Last edited:
After reading the Clemson and Miami boards, they clearly think the win on Friday night was a fluke to a lowly Syracuse team that is one of the WORST teams out there. After talking to some Clemson people in the airport as we were beating them, they had absolutely NO respect for our football team and didn't think we belonged in the ACC. Kept calling us a basketball school with a sucky football program. That's the national perception right now. Time to shock the world. If 'Cuse is focused, we beat Miami on the road!!!!
People who truly follow football are developing some respect for us. Casual fans, yup, that's still the perception.

Would be really nice to change that on Saturday..

Found this shirt at a store down the street from my house here in Nashville... had to wait a few years for this shirt to be relevant.

hDDYRKA.jpg

The Miami board hasn't watched Syracuse play all year with the exception of a few posters. They keep bringing up MTSU who played with their starting QB that SU injured, but they got him to finish the game.

They keep saying the heat of Miami will be too much for SU. Cuse plays in a Dome with no air conditioning. They have adapted to heat and humidity. They went down to LSU and didn't skip a beat because of the weather. The U is in for a rude awakening if Babers has them firing on all cylinders.

People who truly follow football are developing some respect for us. Casual fans, yup, that's still the perception.

Would be really nice to change that on Saturday..

Yeah , Miami fans have always had some level of crazy arrogance but many of them really aren't as avid college fball fans more just hey we won 5 titles and still are untouchable. Their board is a good laugh.. you would think we were an fcs school to many of them.

Oddly enough if the weather and field sucks I'm not as worried like what we dealt with last year at Wake. We should be better prepared and be able to get creative in the run game. We just put up 160 yards rushing vs one of the best d lines in football and did a good job throwing all sorts of looks and pre snap movements. It's exciting to see just how dynamic this offense can be with the flexibility to run it and pass it.

I absolutely believe Cuse can go down to Miami and get the win...Will be interesting how the staff has the team hydrated and physically ready. While I am impressed with the number of plays our o-line plays, 86 degrees and humidity will impact our line (who HCDFB said does not rotate). The question is how much. Go Cuse!

Miami is wildly inconsistent on offense. I could see us doing what we've done to teams all year on third down and holding them to 28 points. Can we score that many? If these kids want everyone else to think they are as special as we think they are then they better win ... and look to be ranked in the AP at that point. Bulls eye the rest of the season.

I absolutely believe Cuse can go down to Miami and get the win...Will be interesting how the staff has the team hydrated and physically ready. While I am impressed with the number of plays our o-line plays, 86 degrees and humidity will impact our line (who HCDFB said does not rotate). The question is how much. Go Cuse!

That's actually probably cooler and dryer than it was inside the Dome the other night.

And certainly cooler and dryer than it was in Baton Rouge, and we did reasonably well in those conditions.

When talking to the Clemson people, all I kept thinking was Dino saying "It's not their fault. They don't know".
What a great post! Someone said something along the lines that perception is not a thing, perception is everything. Now if Dino Can continue to implant the idea into our players brains that they are talented and worthy, I think we will have a very good game.

Does anybody else think Miami is overrated? Not saying they stink just saying they're not #8 in the country good.

Although if you go to their board they're already gameplanning for the national championship.

Does anybody else think Miami is overrated? Not saying they stink just saying they're not #8 in the country good.
They haven't been racking up style points with impressive wins like Ohio State is right now for example. They're squeaking by at the last seconds in desperation. A comeback win at FSU and a desperation comeback win against GT are their only two impressive wins. Usually your luck eventually runs out when you keep winning that way.

Playing in Ft Lauderdale/Miami Gardens is the equivalent of Syracuse playing in Herkimer.

The problem with selling the name of your stadium to different corporations at different times si that i never know what the heck place they are talking about.

This is taking place in Joe Robbie Stadium. Now I've got it: Hard Rock Stadium - Wikipedia

Miami may not "seem" to be impressive but the goal is to win the game and then play the next and are 5-0. They've done so and have a lot of talent and could put possibly put it all together vs SU. This game could go anywhere depending on bounces, calls and a plethora of other things including weather.

Do yourselves a favor and stop over to their forum for a laugh.

You'll find some gems like...

"toledo is much better than syracuse in my opinion, and has a better quarterback"

Right now calling for 84 degrees with thunderstorms in Miami Saturday at 3pm.

Do yourselves a favor and stop over to their forum for a laugh.

You'll find some gems like...

"toledo is much better than syracuse in my opinion, and has a better quarterback"

Now if the Miami players think this way......
we may just slap them in the face out of the gate!
Only thing is, Miami has played a few games from behind.
We would need to keep our feet on their necks when they are down.
I say that we do.

Have some friends who are Georgia alums who are shocked that a Mark Richt coached team is pulling out all these late wins. He was famous for losing winnable games at UGA and in their opinion always under performing when compared to their talent level. They have pulled out some miracle wins. I think we get this one.

Yeah , Miami fans have always had some level of crazy arrogance but many of them really aren't as avid college fball fans more just hey we won 5 titles and still are untouchable. Their board is a good laugh.. you would think we were an fcs school to many of them.

Oddly enough if the weather and field sucks I'm not as worried like what we dealt with last year at Wake. We should be better prepared and be able to get creative in the run game. We just put up 160 yards rushing vs one of the best d lines in football and did a good job throwing all sorts of looks and pre snap movements. It's exciting to see just how dynamic this offense can be with the flexibility to run it and pass it.
well, when you've never even won your DIVISION in your current conference - a division packed with perennial national championship contenders like UNC/Pitt/GT/Duke/UVa and the watered down VT of the last decade - it's easy to look down on other programs and maintain a very high opinion of your own :rolleyes:

Although if you go to their board they're already gameplanning for the national championship.

First off I am a Miami fan born and raised. I don't know of many fans(besides the crazy ones) who are really thinking that about the NC. What other teams deserves to be there? Sure we have played them really close but the point is to win the game right? Would it be better if we lost the game?

Miami is wildly inconsistent on offense. I could see us doing what we've done to teams all year on third down and holding them to 28 points. Can we score that many? If these kids want everyone else to think they are as special as we think they are then they better win ... and look to be ranked in the AP at that point. Bulls eye the rest of the season.

Miami is a tale of two halves under Richt. 1st half we struggle and the 2nd half we dominate teams. Rosier isn't the best QB but he is very streaky and when hot he is pretty damn good. One thing we haven't seen much of is Ahmon Richards who is supposed to be back this week and he is really good and will help open up plays for other players if he truly is finally healthy from his hamstring issue from before the season.

Miami is a tale of two halves under Richt. 1st half we struggle and the 2nd half we dominate teams. Rosier isn't the best QB but he is very streaky and when hot he is pretty damn good. One thing we haven't seen much of is Ahmon Richards who is supposed to be back this week and he is really good and will help open up plays for other players if he truly is finally healthy from his hamstring issue from before the season.

Better make sure he's 100%... Clemson's QB injury situation took a turn

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom