Miami | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Miami

First off I am a Miami fan born and raised. I don't know of many fans(besides the crazy ones) who are really thinking that about the NC. What other teams deserves to be there? Sure we have played them really close but the point is to win the game right? Would it be better if we lost the game?
Fair points. Just having fun being entertained by the vocal not so few.

Toledo is better?!

I am however amazed that few over there think there's a chance for an upset. I know mr will have the team thinking differently.

Fair points. Just having fun being entertained by the vocal not so few.

Toledo is better?!

I am however amazed that few over there think there's a chance for an upset. I know mr will have the team thinking differently.
I would think it's most people just on message boards who say stupid stuff. I definitely do not think Toledo is better.I'm sure most of them would actually think there's a chance for an upset I definitely do think there is one but again I read on this board the predictions for the Miami Syracuse game and nobody has picked Syracuse to lose.

I think the game is going to be a good one I think Syracuse his offense will give Miami trouble with how many plays it runs and how you guys can have quick passes I can neutralize the defensive line of Miami just like it did for Clemson. Miami has a better running game I think than Clemson even though we lost Walton are other running back Homer is really good and a game-breaker he's got a lot of great speed and getting Richards back which according to our beat writers is supposed to happen this week is a big help because he is a very elite player. Also having two weeks back to back against some pretty good teams in Florida State who was our rival and Georgia Tech who is pretty good and that offense is such a pain in the ass is going to be hard it's a lot of work to get up for two games let alone 3 games in a row I'm hoping Syracuse is having some trouble coming on the road after a big win and a great win against a really good team. I see it being a hard match I think Miami will win it's hard to win on the road against good teams especially to good teams in a row like Syracuse has to do but if Syracuse wins I will not be shocked I'm a big Dino babers fan I actually wanted Miami to hire him before I even thought we had a chance with Mark richt

Some musings from canesinsight:

The More You Know...About Syracuse - Page 4

How does the Syracuse qb handle blitzing? Was listening to a breakdown of Cal v WSU and they said that Cal just blitzed non stop and Falk couldn't get into a rhythm. Sounds like Syracuse runs a wide open offense, should be lots of possessions. Think playing a high risk high reward would suit us well, I think six sacks min and force at least two ints. Just don't want to give their qb time to survey field and pick us apart.

85 degrees Saturday. Bring on uptempo. Orange will need oxygen by half.

The thing that excites me the most is that they are the complete opposite of the Jackets.
They will try to run as many plays as possible which means if we hold them to three and outs we will have way more possessions and opportunities to put points on the board.
Last week was like watching paint dry with the time wasting tactics the Jackets used in trying to hold on to the ball. Syracuse does not care about time of possession at all and are reckless with it quite frankly.

toledo is much better than syracuse in my opinion, and has a better quarterback

We matchup way better against Cuse than Clemson did.
Clemson has the 25th most efficient offense in the country. Which is good to very good.
But they have the 113th most explosive offensive the country. Which is just insanely bad for an average G5 school, let alone top tier P5 team.
They desperately rely on Bryant to run for 3 to 6 yards to keep their offense on track as they first down their way down the field. He couldn't do that on one leg. So Syracuse just flooded the box and dared Clemson to beat them with big plays in the passing game. And with the 113th "most" explosive offense (112th explosive passing offense) that was impossible. Which allowed Syracuse's offense to stay on the field, wear down Clemson's defense, and win the game.
We have the 17th most efficient offense, and 13th most explosive. Syracuse isn't going to be able to flood the box against us and just focus on stopping the run.

I think the weather will slow them down, especially in the 4th.

Basically, we're playing Toledo again but slightly better players..

A few actually looked at game film:

Syracuse played LSU really tough a few weeks ago too. They were in that game all the way
I was very surprised at how physical they were in that game. They were bringing the thunder in that game, on the road.

guess they played nc state close too. now im nervous!

Dino Babers is a helluva good coach. His Bowling Green teams were excellent (no doubt in my mind they coulda beaten our Al Golden-coached Canes).

Looks like Syracuse had about 30 more offensive plays than Clemson. Clemson's defense had trouble getting off the field on 3rd down, and were on 2-11 on 3rd down conversions themselves. They have to control Dungy. His rushing yards are skewed by the sacks, but he's definitely a threat.

The problem with this game is it exposes the weakest part of the team right now. At least the Clemson game has Miami paying closer attention. This could have been one of those classic look-ahead games, like it was for Clemson last week.

This won't be a cakewalk.

For the record, the OP on the thread is entertaining, so long as nobody takes it personal. The writer is creative and clearly loves his 'Canes (just like any good fan loves his own team) and his analysis is properly skewed to his primary audience.

Have some friends who are Georgia alums who are shocked that a Mark Richt coached team is pulling out all these late wins. He was famous for losing winnable games at UGA and in their opinion always under performing when compared to their talent level. They have pulled out some miracle wins. I think we get this one.

Every SEC fan says that about their coach.

I'll bite

Some musings from canesinsight:

The More You Know...About Syracuse - Page 4

How does the Syracuse qb handle blitzing? Was listening to a breakdown of Cal v WSU and they said that Cal just blitzed non stop and Falk couldn't get into a rhythm. Sounds like Syracuse runs a wide open offense, should be lots of possessions. Think playing a high risk high reward would suit us well, I think six sacks min and force at least two ints. Just don't want to give their qb time to survey field and pick us apart.
Pretty well. We do give up sacks on blitzes if your coverage is good. But Dungey can hurt you with running too. He also hit our RB on a screen when Clemson blitzed last game that went for a TD.

85 degrees Saturday. Bring on uptempo. Orange will need oxygen by half.
Dude hasn't been in the dome. Think Miami, no breeze. We are really well conditioned. Ask Clemson and Pitt. They were gassed.

The thing that excites me the most is that they are the complete opposite of the Jackets.
They will try to run as many plays as possible which means if we hold them to three and outs we will have way more possessions and opportunities to put points on the board.
I'd be more concerned with a.) stopping us for 4 downs we go for it a lot and get it a lot b.) getting your own 1st downs. We held Clemson to 2 and are #2 in the ACC, #3 in the country in 3rd down defense.
Last week was like watching paint dry with the time wasting tactics the Jackets used in trying to hold on to the ball. Syracuse does not care about time of possession at all and are reckless with it quite frankly. "We want the ball and we're going to score"

toledo is much better than syracuse in my opinion, and has a better quarterback Um. No. Toledo's QB is a worse passer and can't run. Dungey is #7 in the country in total offense, #2 behind Lamar Jackson.

We matchup way better against Cuse than Clemson did.
Clemson has the 25th most efficient offense in the country. Which is good to very good.
But they have the 113th most explosive offensive the country. Which is just insanely bad for an average G5 school, let alone top tier P5 team.
They desperately rely on Bryant to run for 3 to 6 yards to keep their offense on track as they first down their way down the field. He couldn't do that on one leg. So Syracuse just flooded the box and dared Clemson to beat them with big plays in the passing game. And with the 113th "most" explosive offense (112th explosive passing offense) that was impossible. Which allowed Syracuse's offense to stay on the field, wear down Clemson's defense, and win the game.
We have the 17th most efficient offense, and 13th most explosive. Syracuse isn't going to be able to flood the box against us and just focus on stopping the run. This is pretty good
analysis - I think Miami has a better offense than Clemson. Except on 3rd down. I do think we need to limit explosive plays better. This might bite us.

I think the weather will slow them down, especially in the 4th. Naw

Basically, we're playing Toledo again but slightly better players..
And a better system on O and a better D (Toledo is #100 in yards per play allowed, Syracuse is #61.)

A few actually looked at game film:

Syracuse played LSU really tough a few weeks ago too. They were in that game all the way
I was very surprised at how physical they were in that game. They were bringing the thunder in that game, on the road. So was Clemson and NC State

guess they played nc state close too. now im nervous!
The one that got away

Dino Babers is a helluva good coach. His Bowling Green teams were excellent (no doubt in my mind they coulda beaten our Al Golden-coached Canes). Don't worry BG would have beaten us too

Looks like Syracuse had about 30 more offensive plays than Clemson. Clemson's defense had trouble getting off the field on 3rd down, and were on 2-11 on 3rd down conversions themselves. They have to control Dungy. His rushing yards are skewed by the sacks, but he's definitely a threat. See above.

The problem with this game is it exposes the weakest part of the team right now. At least the Clemson game has Miami paying closer attention. This could have been one of those classic look-ahead games, like it was for Clemson last week. Our passing game will put up yards/points. Our running game is still improving, but is our weak spot for sure.

This won't be a cakewalk. for either team

For the record, the OP on the thread is entertaining, so long as nobody takes it personal. The writer is creative and clearly loves his 'Canes (just like any good fan loves his own team) and his analysis is properly skewed to his primary audience.

Beating Clemson then Miami would be two steps and a Jesse Owens leap forward.

Beating Clemson then losing to Miami (even beaten badly) is two steps forward and one step back. Still forward progress towards getting back to where we should be.

But man... oh... man... if we beat Miami, with a bye the following week, I'll be on could nine for 2 full weeks.

Edit: make that THREE, counting this week. When was the last time SU Football did that for fans?

I think a wet sloppy field makes it more difficult for Dungey to improvise.

I think a wet sloppy field makes it more difficult for Dungey to improvise.

Likewise their running game. If anything, it allows the passing game to work the slants and quick fakes to deep routes (defenders usually will over compensate to make up lost ground, which on a slippery field will mean they are several steps behind the receiver). The key here is that the Syracuse offense is built on flexibility to adjust to what the defense gives you.

Not saying that Syracuse wins, but rather for every con there is a pro and the same applies to Miami.

I don't expect a letdown. Dungy and team got their first taste of greatness Friday, and they want more.

Syracuse can no have a let down and still lose.

Miami is good.

Playing at home. On grass. We haven’t won on grass in a year or more. (I think...)

I am still snorting the Post Clemson glue, but still hoping we can achieve 6-6 this year and get those 15 extra practices.

Miami is good.

Playing at home. On grass. We haven’t won on grass in a year or more. (I think...)

I am still snorting the Post Clemson glue, but still hoping we can achieve 6-6 this year and get those 15 extra practices.

No, not 15 extra practices, it's 20 hours per week/4 hours per day. Sorry, this is a pet peeve of mine.

Yep - if we lose to Miami, folks shouldn’t be jumping out of windows. They are a better balanced version of Clemson (better O, slightly worse D).

To be clear: I think we can win. I believe in this staff and our players. The O may have taken a step last game. The D is pretty good, and elite on 3rd down. I don’t believe in their QB.

I want to see a team that is better prepared to play than the one that showed up at NC State. Consistent performance week in and week out is the next step this program has to take. Win or lose, show that we can play good games in consecutive weeks.

Saw on the Miami board that Hardrock Stadium is getting new turf this week after it was torn up in the rain last week. The Dolphins also play at home on Sunday, so I would assume that the field will be in as good of shape as possible. Although freshly laid grass can cause problems.

HardRock turf

Livestream of Hardrock field: Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, FL | Weather Camera | WeatherBug

I want to see a team that is better prepared to play than the one that showed up at NC State. Consistent performance week in and week out is the next step this program has to take. Win or lose, show that we can play good games in consecutive weeks.

Can't afford to get off to a slow start like against NC State and Pitt. If we start well, I really like our chances.

Any chance we get some top 25 consideration if we beat the Canes this weekend? Or do you think it would take another win or 2.

Saw on the Miami board that Hardrock Stadium is getting new turf this week after it was torn up in the rain last week. The Dolphins also play at home on Sunday, so I would assume that the field will be in as good of shape as possible. Although freshly laid grass can cause problems.

HardRock turf

Livestream of Hardrock field: Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, FL | Weather Camera | WeatherBug
It's actually pretty cool to watch the time lapse and them installing the new field. Let's just hope the roots have time to take hold before the game on Saturday or else I could see this turning into a mess. I'm not sure how much it would affect the passing game though.

Miami is good.

11-3.

There's a path. Do it.

If we get the ball first. we need a touchdown on the first drive! No holding back. Got to hit them in the mouth.

The Wake Forest hurricane game was enough to slow down the offense last season. Hopefully the rain is after the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom