Michael Carter-Williams to be traded? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Michael Carter-Williams to be traded?

baggerbob said:
Give me a championship team recently where the point guard was the main scorer, the NBA myth that they need a fast high scoring point guard is just that. Paker distributed the ball to Duncan, and Robinson. Rondo gave the ball to Garnett, Pierce, and Allen, Los Angeles won with Fisher. Miami has won because of the big 3, if MCW went there Miami might challenge 73 wins.

Last years Spurs team leading scorer was Tony Parker.

Classic trading the devil you know for unproven talent. There's a reason they've been in the lottery for like 15 years.
there is another side to this potential trade guys, someone else is trading for the guy they know

I think Parker is the best player in this draft and is going to get better and better as he gains experience.

baggerbob said:
Miami won the championship.

The Spurs were in the finals and were a second away from winning it all in game 6. They're a championship caliber team.

Do you know if MCW gets a bonus for being ROY?
I don't think that official incentives can be added to a first round contract. They would get All-Star pay because that comes from the league, but I don't think the team can go over the scale amount.

The Spurs were in the finals and were a second away from winning it all in game 6. They're a championship caliber team.

Yeah, the Spurs didn't not get the rebound off the missed 3 from Lebron last year cause Tony Parker is a scoring PG.

Some of the greatest players in NBA history have been traded so if this makes them better than it's good to strike while the iron is hot. Trade him to Minny for Love.

Russell Westbrook and Tony Parker are scoring first PGs so whomever wins the West will debunk the PG can't be the scorer and needs to be a passer.

Alsacs said:
Russell Westbrook and Tony Parker are scoring first PGs so whomever wins the West will debunk the PG can't be the scorer and needs to be a passer.

It was debunked last year and throughout history.

If the Warriors traded Webber after his rookie season not many guys are untouchable after their rookie campaign. Granted there was issues with him and the coach but he was a franchise player.

All of that said I wouldn't trade MCW for essentially Exum. Don't get me wrong, I think Exum is great but worst case scenario you're working with MCW, Noel, the third pick who is at worst a great Jabari Parker and your picking 10th with a TON of money under the cap. MCW proved a lot last year, don't think id give up a commodity like him with his size and position for a 19 year old just yet.

Isiah should have debunked that already, but a lot people like to forget just how good he was as a player because of the other stuff.

Today's NBA is geared towards perimeter players and Curry/Rose/Wall/Lillard/Irving are other scoring PGs that teams would love to have. MCW will thrive if Philly gets a couple of shooters to spread the floor on offense, and with Noel healthy to serve as a rim-protector to cover for his defensive gambles.

Philly wanted Andrew Wiggins badly that is obvious. Wiggins/MCW backcourt would have been perfect for each guy.

Do you think Wiggins has the handle and outside shot to play the 2 as a rookie? I don't really see it. I think he has to start out as a SF and then transition in time, if his skills warrant it.

Do you think Wiggins has the handle and outside shot to play the 2 as a rookie? I don't really see it. I think he has to start out as a SF and then transition in time, if his skills warrant it.
Most likely not your right. However, the NBA comp of Wiggins to Paul George would mean he is likely a SG/SF in the future and with MCW would have the best young backcourt in the NBA.

I think Parker is the best player in this draft and is going to get better and better as he gains experience.

I agree that he's the guy with the best basketball skills, but he needs to get in better shape.

It depends on who drafts him. If Milwaukee takes Wiggins, they already have ball-handlers in Giannis and Knight, so Wiggins should be fine playing SG with them. But there's no reason he can't play SF for Philly if they get him either.

Really? A Final4 in his first full year as a starter, while near the top of the BE/NCAA in steals and assists is now considered NOT that great?
Tough crowd. :crazy:

Yes. I realize the final four changes our view, as it should, but that run was fueled 80 percent by defense (which admittedly mcw was a big part of) , the offense was subpar all year and I thought mcw's shooting and decision making were poor. As bad as this season ended, I was more comfortsble and confident with Ennis at point.

That said, full disclosure, I never imagined mcw doing this well in the pros so what do I know. I live in the town where he went to high school and am glad to be wrong.

These are the things about the NBA draft I believe.

Cleveland either takes Embiid at 1 or gambles like crazy on a Kevin Love trade to appeal to Lebron next year

Milwuakee- I have no clue who they truly want.

Philly- wants Wiggins to pair up with MCW, but at 3 either need to trade with the Bucks at 2 or hope the Bucks like Jabari Parker more, but if no Wiggins apparently are interested in Exum.

Orlando-wants a PG either Exum or Smart

Utah- they want Jabari Parker MORE THAN ANY TEAM wants any other player. Parker in Utah makes the most sense for everyone

Boston- they like Aaron Gordon apparently

the rest I have no clue.

Another certainty: the Knicks will draft no one

Is that an issue with him IM, I didn't realize that.

Jabari Parker is by no means a fat ass, but his body lacks definition. He could use better strength and conditioning. He does not appear to be a big workout in the gym type of guy.

Embiid is a skilled big guy, he has a similar body to Ibaka. His is only 18 years old and Ibaka is 24 years old. Embiid is not Hakeem Olajuwon whom people wanted to comp him to, but has an Ibaka like game. I think he can be a rim protector and feel confident Embiid will be able to hit that elbow jumper like Ibaka.

Wiggins has the game similar to McGrady he may not be offensive threat McGrady was in Orlando/Houston, but Wiggins can be that type of player in 3 years.

NBA players don't hit their primes till 24. These kids entering the league are only going to be 19 they will develop a lot more with pro coaching.

I would like to hear Knicks411 takes as he is probably the best NBA person on this board.

McGrady was all world on defense before his knees went...
In potential, Embiid compares better with Hakeem, but he is bigger. His game is not that skilled at this point but his rapid improvement has scouts believing he can be closer to Hakeem than Ibaka. He's much bigger than Ibaka and Ibaka is really more of a jump shooter on offense where Embiid is all low post. They really are not similar at all. Parker is not the scorer that Robinson was but he has a much better overall game. Again, not a great comparison, imo.

alphaorange said:
McGrady was all world on defense before his knees went... In potential, Embiid compares better with Hakeem, but he is bigger. His game is not that skilled at this point but his rapid improvement has scouts believing he can be closer to Hakeem than Ibaka. He's much bigger than Ibaka and Ibaka is really more of a jump shooter on offense where Embiid is all low post. They really are not similar at all. Parker is not the scorer that Robinson was but he has a much better overall game. Again, not a great comparison, imo.

Embiid isn't all low post at all, he can knock down mid range Js.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom