Michigan has 11 2013 commits | Syracusefan.com

Michigan has 11 2013 commits

money3189

Living Legend
already. I guess we have to hope they run out of schollys so we can pick up their left overs. Alot of their commits had SU offers.

That is just a crazy number, what will be really interesting to follow is how many of those 11 stay completely committed for almost another year. Sometimes having that many commits early can hurt you - I'm trying to find some negative in this :D

already. I guess we have to hope they run out of schollys so we can pick up their left overs. Alot of their commits had SU offers.

Michigan has 5 kids from instate, 3 from Ohio, 2 from Illinois and 1 from Colorado.

Of their 11 commits more than half are from out of state. If that works to our advantage then good for us and if we get Michigan leftovers like Ron Thompson and Wayne Morgan I’ll be more than happy.

Alot of their commits had SU offers.

This is a good sign that the staff is getting in on kids early. As long as they keep in touch with them, you never know what could happen.

Michigan has 5 kids from instate, 3 from Ohio, 2 from Illinois and 1 from Colorado.

Of their 11 commits more than half are from out of state. If that works to our advantage then good for us and if we get Michigan leftovers like Ron Thompson and Wayne Morgan I’ll be more than happy.

Wasn't Wayne Morgan from NY?

Hoke is a good coach and is in line to do big things at Michigan.

From the recruiting stand point, our coaches are doing well to identify talent early but Michigan is obviously pushing a far superior product at this point. I expect to lose those recruiting battles more times than not and am happy that we actually have won a couple of them to date specifically Trudo, and Thompson.

Yes, but Michigan was big time on him. He wouldn't make a commitment to them, so they filled the spot with another corner effectively ending their recruitment of him. Would you rather go up against Michigan or UConn and Rutgers? Big win in that situation for SU.

Morgan is from NYC. I thing he meant that Michigan was recruiting him. I believe Morgan wanted to stay close to home, and that's why Michigan stopped recruiting him.

Eight 4-stars committed over the weekend.

It's great, to be, a Michigan Wolverine.

Yes, but Michigan was big time on him. He wouldn't make a commitment to them, so they filled the spot with another corner effectively ending their recruitment of him. Would you rather go up against Michigan or UConn and Rutgers? Big win in that situation for SU.
I understand that, but I believe he wasn't going to Michigan anyway. I like to believe we would have won the battle regardless and think the fact that he wouldn't commit to them early further supports we would have won the battle had it lasted longer anyway.

I understand that, but I believe he wasn't going to Michigan anyway. I like to believe we would have won the battle regardless and think the fact that he wouldn't commit to them early further supports we would have won the battle had it lasted longer anyway.
The early part of 2011 SU wasn't really that big of a factor as everything pointed to him committing to Michigan, but they locked up their fourth DB by early July filling the need for S/CB. Right after that SU came into the picture as Morgan starting to really look at the Orange, UConn, and Rutgers. I love that we got him, but if Michigan had wanted them all the way through I would bet any amount of money they would have gotten him.

Morgan is from NYC. I thing he meant that Michigan was recruiting him. I believe Morgan wanted to stay close to home, and that's why Michigan stopped recruiting him.
Actually, in a ny newspaper article long after the dust had settled... It was disclosed by his HS coach that mich wanted him to commit on the spot, which he did to feel comfortable doing, he wanted to go thru the process, so they moved on.

Eight 4-stars committed over the weekend.

It's great, to be, a Michigan Wolverine.

Didn't they have a big bball game this past weekend so maybe they had a Jr Day that tied into an exciting game? I think that was a discussion on this board a couple weeks ago.

Didn't they have a big bball game this past weekend so maybe they had a Jr Day that tied into an exciting game? I think that was a discussion on this board a couple weeks ago.

Gameday was in Ann Arbor and Michigan knocked off Ohio State.

@JohnGarcia_Jr
Another #CuseFootball target to Michigan...RT @ScoutRecruitingWolverines Land Michael McCray

14 total for 2013.

I would classify these targets as long shots at best, I wouldn't get my panties in a knot, ( not saying you are Whitey) but Syracuse will basically lose these battles 99% of the time, 4 star kids with Michigan offers from Michigan most likely will not end well for Cuse but somehow this will fall back on the junior day or marrone being grumpy

I would classify these targets as long shots at best, I wouldn't get my panties in a knot, ( not saying you are Whitey) but Syracuse will basically lose these battles 99% of the time, 4 star kids with Michigan offers from Michigan most likely will not end well for Cuse but somehow this will fall back on the junior day or marrone being grumpy

Yep. If a Michigan kid is committing to Michigan prior to May, it's pretty much a given that's where he was always going. Its still important to put the offers out there though and make the contact.

We can still update our database to account for all these guys.

That is just a crazy number, what will be really interesting to follow is how many of those 11 stay completely committed for almost another year. Sometimes having that many commits early can hurt you - I'm trying to find some negative in this :D
I'd be happy with one solid verbal at this time s long as its on offense.:p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom