Michigan is going to run Florida off the floor today | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Michigan is going to run Florida off the floor today

They didn't struggle 3x against PSU.

This is a different Michigan team with McGary playing like an absolute stud. He finishes so well, and that's something I'd worry about against Keita, and especially Christmas. Luckily, he's a terrible FT shooter, so we could just hack the crap out of him instead. And he actually doesn't get to the line that much either, only 45 attempts on the season in roughly 20 minutes per game. He's a monster on the glass, though.

Like hell they didnt. Only beat them by 7 in the first game. Lost the second game and was only up on them by 2 at halftime in the B1G tournament.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The SEC was terrible this year and UF hasn't played anyone in the tourney yet. They haven't played a good team since probably December, let alone a team like Michigan.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

McGary a stud? Meh. If he's a stud then Christmas is too. He averages only 2 more points and 1 rebound per game.

He's played much better in the tournament, but stud - I don't think so. A few games does not make a stud
Watch McGary play! He's a great rebounder and can finish inside with hooks, short J's and big dunks. Christmas isn't even close to him. He's gotten more playing time, and as a result, is putting up big numbers.

This game is a joke. Holy crap.

You guys can hope for Michigan all you want, I've wanted no part of them for awhile now. I was reeeeally hoping Kansas would knock them off.

Young isn't a beast. He's a big guy with no real offensive game.Why would McGary struggle against us? Kid would just go nuts on the glass.

Florida's D is kind of getting exposed today, Michigan is getting all sorts of open looks. If we got down against Michigan, I'm not sure we could come back...This team is excellent right now.

this team was also outplayed by Kansas for 35 minutes and needed a miracle comeback to force ot.

They didn't struggle 3x against PSU.

This is a different Michigan team with McGary playing like an absolute stud. He finishes so well, and that's something I'd worry about against Keita, and especially Christmas. Luckily, he's a terrible FT shooter, so we could just hack the crap out of him instead. And he actually doesn't get to the line that much either, only 45 attempts on the season in roughly 20 minutes per game. He's a monster on the glass, though.
LOL didn't struggle?
Penn State went 1-17 in the B1G there only 1 win was at home against Michigan, the game at Ann Arbor was an 8pt game and Penn State was in the game until the last 2 minutes, and the game in the B1G tournament was close for the first 30 minutes until Michigan pulled away in the end. If you don't think they struggled with Penn State you must not watch the games. What a joke of a comment.
If McGray beats SU, that is fine I bet SU will push the zone more to the outside and not give Michigan the 3 pt attempts and have the middle of the zone beat us.

I like that this is the best game Michigan is going to play as well, get that hood shooting out if their system. plus they are getting a false idea of how to beat a zone because it's working today against Florida to pass the perimeter and shoot threes, that won't work against us

Like hell they didnt. Only beat them by 7 in the first game. Lost the second game and was only up on them by 2 at halftime in the B1G tournament.

Michigan ran them into the ground in Chicago

Michigan could start stall ball right now and win. Wow.

Young isn't a beast. He's a big guy with no real offensive game.Why would McGary struggle against us? Kid would just go nuts on the glass.

Florida's D is kind of getting exposed today, Michigan is getting all sorts of open looks. If we got down against Michigan, I'm not sure we could come back...This team is excellent right now.

He isnt a great shooter first of all. He is the only guy on the team that we would really need to worry about inside and seeing what we did to zeller im fairly confident we could bottle this kid up as well.

I hope michigan makes 25 threes today because if they think they will have wide open looks next week they are sorely mistaken.

I think MU going nuts from 3 in this game is good for us. JB knows how Beilein will attack us and we will force them to beat us inside or making ft jumpers.

This game is a joke. Holy crap.

You guys can hope for Michigan all you want, I've wanted no part of them for awhile now. I was reeeeally hoping Kansas would knock them off.

Yea they scare me. Teams that struggle against the zone cant shoot. Michigan can...really well.

Great rebounder? He average
Watch McGary play! He's a great rebounder and can finish inside with hooks, short J's and big dunks. Christmas isn't even close to him. He's gotten more playing time, and as a result, is putting up big numbers.

I have! A great rebounder? Who are you talking about? The same McGary who averages 6 rebounds per game? The same McGary who was getting limited playing time until he got hot in the tournament? That McGary?

LOL didn't struggle?
Penn State went 1-17 in the B1G there only 1 win was at home against Michigan, the game at Ann Arbor was an 8pt game and Penn State was in the game until the last 2 minutes, and the game in the B1G tournament was close for the first 30 minutes until Michigan pulled away in the end. If you don't think they struggled with Penn State you must not watch the games. What a joke of a comment.
If McGray beats SU, that is fine I bet SU will push the zone more to the outside and not give Michigan the 3 pt attempts and have the middle of the zone beat us.
Haha, yeah what a joke having an opinion and all. They struggled the first two against them, PSU started hot in Chicago, but then Michigan ran them. They are playing their best ball of the season, by far, so I'm not even sure how those PSU games are all that relevant. That's like saying we struggled against UConn and Nova as reasons we'll struggle against whoever.

Can someone tell me why everyone so badly wanted to face Michigan rather than Florida? I didn't understand it in that earlier thread and I especially don't understand it now.

This would be the 4th time we've played them in the last few seasons. Eventually, coaches get better at attacking the zone. Florida in the past has lost to us, in part, because they were young and made bad decisions. That team that we beat a few times is much more mature all around the floor. They've seen what our game is. I'd much rather face a team that hasn't played our zone before.

Michigan's players are talented but they're all freshmen and sophomores. They don't have an older guy to steady them if they unravel.

On the bright side, when we play Michigan that'll be the second team we'll have a chance to beat that my co-workers root for. First was the guy who did grad work at Indiana, next will be the girl from Michigan, whose office is right next to his, coincidentally. Of course right on the other side of her office is a chick who went to Tulsa, but that chick's boyfriend played lax at West Genny, so there's another connection to the Final Four, kinda, right?

Either way, it doesn't matter who we play. We are getting good teams at this point, obviously. We aren't going to win a championship playing crap opponents.

uf is playing the worst zone effort i have seen all year. Indiana was supposed to be too much for us remember? All we will hear about is how michigan will tear apart the zone.. you can bet jb will have a gameplan to make um beat us inside.

Great rebounder? He average

I have! A great rebounder? Who are you talking about? The same McGary who averages 6 rebounds per game? The same McGary who was getting limited playing time until he got hot in the tournament? That McGary?
Watch him play! He knows how to attack the glass and now that he's getting more playing time, his numbers have really picked up. I don't care that he averaged 6 rpg, because watching him attack the ball is what matters. He was a freshman having freshman issues earlier. He's comfortable now.

I think we could get him in foul trouble though

No way. Give me the wolverines any day. I hope they win by 20 today because florida is defending like they have 3 players on the court.

Michigan has the size at the guard spots the post players and the shooting to best us. We will have to score to beat this team. That said they are soft defensively!

I will say this: I hope that Burke wins the Naismith Award. The last time we went to the Final Four, we played a team led by a Naismith Award point guard that everyone thought would beat us and...well, we know how that turned out. I like the symmetry there.

He isnt a great shooter first of all. He is the only guy on the team that we would really need to worry about inside and seeing what we did to zeller im fairly confident we could bottle this kid up as well.

I hope michigan makes 25 threes today because if they think they will have wide open looks next week they are sorely mistaken.

He really is their only interior threat, so getting him in foul trouble would be huge. Without him, their rebounding takes a hit, as does interior scoring. Zeller is soft, though, McGary really isn't. We have had struggled in the past against the hard working interior players that play pretty physical.

Yeah, let them take the 25 footers. That's what JB will hope for too.

Stop Mich from making 3's and win plain and simple

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom