Michigan is going to run Florida off the floor today | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Michigan is going to run Florida off the floor today

Haha, yeah what a joke having an opinion and all. They struggled the first two against them, PSU started hot in Chicago, but then Michigan ran them. They are playing their best ball of the season, by far, so I'm not even sure how those PSU games are all that relevant. That's like saying we struggled against UConn and Nova as reasons we'll struggle against whoever.
NEWSFLASH to you Penn State threw a Z-O-N-E at Michigan did you watch ANY of those games or are you going off box scores? Because I watched ALL 3 games and Penn State did a job with Michigan and you said they didn't struggle 3x which is FACTUALLY WRONG. They lost 1 time to them, and barely beat them at home, the game in Chicago was close until Michigan did what they should do against a B1G 1-17 team which is beat them. We have struggled with almost everybody this year because of our offense, but my God your statement is WRONG its not an opinion. If you say its your opinion they didn't struggle with Penn State I want to know what is your definition of struggling?

Haha, yeah what a joke having an opinion and all. They struggled the first two against them, PSU started hot in Chicago, but then Michigan ran them. They are playing their best ball of the season, by far, so I'm not even sure how those PSU games are all that relevant. That's like saying we struggled against UConn and Nova as reasons we'll struggle against whoever.
Penn state games are relevant for a few reasons. First they are terrible so losing to them shows vulnerability. Second they run. Zone which really caused Michigan to struggle, third, our zone is so much better than Penn sts. There is a lot of relefancy there

We'll be the underdog no matter who we play, but Michigan is one-dimensional. That gives us a better chance to win, and Boeheim is all about playing the percentages. If they shoot the lights out, they earned it. But we'll get our points, too.

I could see Florida's pressure getting to MCW and Triche. And they are just as likely to beat us from outside as Michigan.

Both coaches are familiar with the zone, but only one coach has players who have actually faced it. Along with the week to prepare, that's an advantage for Florida.

Burke can't penetrate against Florida's zone, so there's no way he'll be able to do that against ours. And they won't get all these open looks because our defenders know where to be and contest shots.

This game is a joke. Holy crap.

You guys can hope for Michigan all you want, I've wanted no part of them for awhile now. I was reeeeally hoping Kansas would knock them off.

nah Kansas is 1 of the best defensive teams in country. and were in championship game last year. we'll be able to score on Michigan and Burke will struggle against our big guards. and they young.

He really is their only interior threat, so getting him in foul trouble would be huge. Without him, their rebounding takes a hit, as does interior scoring. Zeller is soft, though, McGary really isn't. We have had struggled in the past against the hard working interior players that play pretty physical.

Look what happened to Gardner after he missed his first shot. Either McGary goes for 20+ and 10+ or he's a non-factor.

NEWSFLASH to you Penn State threw a Z-O-N-E at Michigan did you watch ANY of those games or are you going off box scores? Because I watched ALL 3 games and Penn State did a job with Michigan and you said they didn't struggle 3x which is FACTUALLY WRONG. They lost 1 time to them, and barely beat them at home, the game in Chicago was close until Michigan did what they should do against a B1G 1-17 which is beat them. We have struggled with almost everybody this year because of our offense, but my God your statement is WRONG its not an opinion. If you say its your opinion they didn't struggle with Penn State I want to know what is your definition of struggling?
Dude, I said they didn't struggle 3x against Penn St. They did the first two, obviously. Losing to them was embarrassing. That's struggling. But in the 3rd matchup, they turned it on and didn't have nearly the issues with that zone. None of that means a whole lot though, because SU's zone is light years better than PSU's. Getting a hand out on Stauskas, Hardway and Burke, keeping Burke out of the lane and keeping McGary off the glass is what will make the difference. And Michigan is playing so much better than they did in any of those 3, as it is.

nah Kansas is 1 of the best defensive teams in country. and were in championship game last year. we'll be able to score on Michigan and Burke will struggle against our big guards. and they young.

Kansas lost to TCU and couldn't even win a weak Big 12 outright.

Look what happened to Gardner after he missed his first shot. Either McGary goes for 20+ and 10+ or he's a non-factor.
Haha, I'm not sure how Gardner missing his first shot has anything to do with McGary?? It'll be all about how Keita and Christmas can keep the ball out of his hands, especially on rebounds.

I remember watching Kansas blitz Marquette in 2003 and wondering how in the world would we be able to stay on the court with KU the way they were playing.

When Michigan was up 22 I thought to myself that if Florida could get it to within 15 at halftime that they had a chance. Of course they have a boneheaded foul on 3 point shooter, but they're close enough. They're only mostly dead. If they can get it to 12 at the first time out then I can see Michigan panicking.

I'm really not worried about Michigan. If they shoot lights out, then they shoot lights out. I think our defense will cause problems for them.

Penn state games are relevant for a few reasons. First they are terrible so losing to them shows vulnerability. Second they run. Zone which really caused Michigan to struggle, third, our zone is so much better than Penn sts. There is a lot of relefancy there
I meant that those earlier games would be less relevant because of how well Michigan is playing now. McGary wasn't a big factor in those first two, either.

Plus, how much did Michigan really struggle against PSU's zone? They averaged 80 against them in 3 games, and shot pretty well from the field. Their 3 point shooting was an issue, especially in their loss. They only had 6 and 3 turnovers in the two wins, which is where SU would need to step it up. Michigan's D and rebounding were issues against PSU. Offensively, they had some issues, but didn't really struggle to score.

Haha, I'm not sure how Gardner missing his first shot has anything to do with McGary?? It'll be all about how Keita and Christmas can keep the ball out of his hands, especially on rebounds.

Mcgary is good when he gets it in a position where he can just finish. Get him away from the basket and he doesnt have the game where he will hurt you offensively. I just think we would keep him away from the basket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is the only guy on the team that we would really need to worry about inside and seeing what we did to zeller im fairly confident we could bottle this kid up as well.
Yup.
Zeller>McGary

Mcgary is good when he gets it in a position where he can just finish. Get him away from the basket and he doesnt have the game where he will hurt you offensively. I just think we would keep him away from the basket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Definitely...and off the glass. He does have a nice ability to finish when he does get it though, and is strong enough to go through our bigs to score.

I think the Michigan/Indiana games might be relevant. Indiana beat them twice and we made Indiana look like a weak CYO team.

Michigan has been playing better in the tourney...although they finished their season 3-3 in their last 6 games.

I think we'll beat them.

There was a period in the middle of the season when UF was arguably, and perhaps easily, the best team in the country. Plus, Donovan has two recent NC's and he knows how to win the big games. Given my druthers, I don't want to face them if there is a possibility they could get back to that.

Michigan is a more known quantity. They are more like IU, or OSU. They are very good, but they are not great. Not saying we would steamroll them, but I am confident we can beat them.

I think the Michigan/Indiana games might be relevant. Indiana beat them twice and we made Indiana look like a weak CYO team.

Michigan has been playing better in the tourney...although they finished their season 3-3 in their last 6 games.

I think we'll beat them.
Different scenarios and styles, though. Indiana matches up much better against UM, obviously, than against us.

I think we beat Michigan, too, but I don't think how we destroyed IU will be a reason to think it'll happen again. Michigan is better suited to attack our zone. I would still rather play Florida, but if we continue the suffocating D, it won't matter who we play.

Florida is just playing stupid. Throwing the ball in bounds without even looking who is there. Making passes at teammates feet. Rushing and making mistakes. It's just stupid basketball. If they looked before they leaped, they wouldn't be getting crushed.

I really want Michigan though. McGary is going to look like a goof when he gets trapped in the zone. And I hope he tries driving like that against us too. It's gonna be hilarious.

Trey and that scrawny white kid in the corner are the only ones who scare me.

Florida is just playing stupid. Throwing the ball in bounds without even looking who is there. Making passes at teammates feet. Rushing and making mistakes. It's just stupid basketball. If they looked before they leaped, they wouldn't be getting crushed.
Don't forget fouling multiple 3 point shooters...

donovan has gotta take murphy out, he does not belong on the court, way too slow and unathletic to compete with michigan.

I think we employ the same strategy we had against IU with UM. Don't let them beat us with the 3 ball and man up on McGary and whoever they put at the high post.

That stauskas kid is 6/6 from three. He's obviously someone the zone will have to be aware of. That kind of shooting night would tear us apart.

I really want Michigan though. McGary is going to look like a goof when he gets trapped in the zone. And I hope he tries driving like that against us too. It's gonna be hilarious.

Trey and that scrawny white kid in the corner are the only ones who scare me.
Hardaway is a very good player and Robinson III had gotten a lot better recently. That damn shooter will be a cause for concern though. He knocks down any open look. I'd happily let the NBA sons shoot all they want.

I'm guessing Keita tries to take a charge against McGary within 30 seconds of entering the game and it will look awful, one way or the other.

donovan has gotta take murphy out, he does not belong on the court, way too slow and unathletic to compete with michigan.

Whenever I watch UF play, he plays like garbage. Today is no exception.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom