Michigan is going to run Florida off the floor today | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Michigan is going to run Florida off the floor today

That stauskas kid is 6/6 from three. He's obviously someone the zone will have to be aware of. That kind of shooting night would tear us apart.
Not that it means anything really, but he's Canadian too. Wonder if we ever had interest or if he knows Rautins, Joseph and Ennis?

Whenever I watch UF play, he plays like garbage. Today is no exception.
I want to know what happened to Kenny Boynton. Kid was really hyped up early in his career, but never seemed to improve all that much. Patric Young also hasn't improved a whole lot. He's like a less awkward and more aggressive Christmas, and yet still struggles to finish.

only a matter of time until florida gets this under 10, but do they have another run in them at that point to really make it interesting

McGary getting eaten up on the defensive end. We need to drive right at him.
Get him in foul trouble, amiright? That would be huge. He'll be on Keita/Christmas, so we'd have to get him in foul trouble when he tries to help.

what an embarassing turnout for an elite 8 game, even the lower level has tons of empty seats.

I want to know what happened to Kenny Boynton. Kid was really hyped up early in his career, but never seemed to improve all that much. Patric Young also hasn't improved a whole lot. He's like a less awkward and more aggressive Christmas, and yet still struggles to finish.

He will be or is a 2,ooo pt scorer, I believe. He definitely was heralded as a McD player, right? To me he still has elements of streetball as well as the combo guard/tweener thing. Good comparison with Young. Maybe Boynton will be a better pro on whatever level it will be.

what an embarassing turnout for an elite 8 game, even the lower level has tons of empty seats.
Still gotta be 25,000+ there, though, right?

Maybe not, there's nobody there behind the baskets...

only a matter of time until florida gets this under 10, but do they have another run in them at that point to really make it interesting

I don't think UF gets it under 10

That stauskas kid is 6/6 from three. He's obviously someone the zone will have to be aware of. That kind of shooting night would tear us apart.

It's good that he's getting it out of the way now. ;)

He will be or is a 2,ooo pt scorer, I believe. He definitely was heralded as a McD player, right? To me he still has elements of streetball as well as the combo guard/tweener thing. Good comparison with Young. Maybe Boynton will be a better pro on whatever level it will be.
Eh, Boynton is only like 6'1" or 6'2" and isn't much of a shooter. Tough to have a lengthy pro career with those attributes. Maybe Europe for a while?

Eh, Boynton is only like 6'1" or 6'2" and isn't much of a shooter. Tough to have a lengthy pro career with those attributes. Maybe Europe for a while?

Most likely Europe and his height dosn't help him like you say.

boynton wont last in nba, doubt he even gets there. bad shooter too.

this team was also outplayed by Kansas for 35 minutes and needed a miracle comeback to force ot.

They're also getting every random bounce on loose balls in this game & the white kid's going "Southerland vs Arkansas".

The tone of a lot of these posts is weird. It shouldn't be breaking news that it's possible to lose in the F4. You can be confident and acknowledge it's a possibility. But given how good the average F4 team is I got no issue being matched up with these guys and their 46th ranked defense.

Get him in foul trouble, amiright? That would be huge. He'll be on Keita/Christmas, so we'd have to get him in foul trouble when he tries to help.

Yeah I suppose so.

But considering how much of a liability he is on defense I wouldn't mind keeping him in there. After he makes a few mistakes, Beilen takes him out anyway. He's sat 3 times this second half already.

Yeah I suppose so.

But considering how much of a liability he is on defense I wouldn't mind keeping him in there. After he makes a few mistakes, Beilen takes him out anyway. He's sat 3 times this second half already.
I'd rather have his offense and rebounding off the court than his defense on the court. Whoever he guards won't be much of an offensive threat, so if we can plant him on the bench in foul trouble, that'd be great for our defense/rebounding.

Thing is, have we gotten anyone, especially a big guy, in foul trouble this year?

"Thing is, have we gotten anyone, especially a big guy, in foul trouble this year?"

that's an issue where having a real "big guy" coach might help. marquette was over the back on practically every possession but our guys just don't know how to box out , sell it and draw the whistles.

Florida throws so many lazy soft passes. Ridiculous.

Haha, I'm not sure how Gardner missing his first shot has anything to do with McGary?? It'll be all about how Keita and Christmas can keep the ball out of his hands, especially on rebounds.

"Haha," you brought up big men having success against us in the past and you're wondering why I would counter with an example?

Gardner had a monster game against us this year and was on his way to having another one. It took one missed shot to shake his confidence. You're seriously questioning what that has to do with McGary, a freshman who is just now starting to get more playing time? You don't think his confidence will have anything to do with how he plays?

He could get going early and that would be trouble. But we could take him out of the game early, rendering him a non-factor.

"Haha," you brought up big men having success against us in the past and you're wondering why I would counter with an example?

Gardner had a monster game against us this year and was on his way to having another one. It took one missed shot to shake his confidence. You're seriously questioning what that has to do with McGary, a freshman who is just now starting to get more playing time? You don't think his confidence will have anything to do with how he plays?

He could get going early and that would be trouble. But we could take him out of the game early, rendering him a non-factor.
Sure, that could happen, but again, what does Gardner missing a shot have to do with McGary? There's no real correlation there. I'm more worried about him hitting the glass than anything else. That's where he can do his damage against us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom