Mick Cronin or Jamie Dixon | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Mick Cronin or Jamie Dixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I admire your certainty.
I haven't seen much spine from Wildhack so far.
JB seems to be calling his own shots.
I am about 80% certain that either Autry or McNamara is going to get handed the job by JB, as a result of the long-standing knowledge that "JB Don't Do Good-Bye Tours". This will likely be a Calhoun-to-Ollie kind of hand off around Labor Day in a few years to make sure his guy gets his shot.
JB is super loyal. He will put one of our current assistants in the job.
That will be very bad for the program. None of those guys is Hop. None of them have the personality, coaching chops or recruiting skill.
This is a major problem if JB has the final say.

Serious question that I don’t know the answer to. Like many previous players, is Buddy on track to graduate in 3 years?

I can't imagine that they would kind of force Buddy to graduate in 3 so they could ask JB to leave.

Same old question with mostly the same old answers. And here's mine, what makes everybody think that SU will get their pick of whom ever they want? 1st of all, who wants to follow a legend, expectations will be so high. JB is actually helping here by lowering the bar. Will the school be willing to pay the hot up and coming young coach coming off a career year? Will said coach choose SU over other stepping stone jobs. Yes stepping stone because other than the alumni coaches what coach is going to see SU as their destination job.

I expect it will be Gerry ultimately but we’ll see. Much like Hop, Gerry will be an unknown. No reason to assume he won’t be a good coach; he hasn’t had a chance yet.

I’d love to pull in a proven good coach instead but not sure that’ll really be an option.

I can't imagine that they would kind of force Buddy to graduate in 3 so they could ask JB to leave.
They wouldn’t force buddy but he may find himself getting some Easy As.

I expect it will be Gerry ultimately but we’ll see. Much like Hop, Gerry will be an unknown. No reason to assume he won’t be a good coach; he hasn’t had a chance yet.

I’d love to pull in a proven good coach instead but not sure that’ll really be an option.

I'm sorry, but Gerry is a dud. At best, he may be a MAC coach.

Oh my f****** god no to either dick patino or Jamie Dixon thank God we have an adult who will conduct a proper national search

The same adult that Presides over two raging tire fires in men’s basketball and football? The same guy that hasn’t hired anyone? The same guy that aborted the succession plan and ran off Hop along with JB? Oh, that guy. I feel better.

None of us have any idea what he is.

Those of us who live in town have heard him on morning radio for years. He is no Mike Hopkins. Gerry could use a personality transplant. That directly translates to recruiting. Recruiting is like sales. Yes, some guys grind out a living, but it comes naturally to others.

Same old question with mostly the same old answers. And here's mine, what makes everybody think that SU will get their pick of whom ever they want? 1st of all, who wants to follow a legend, expectations will be so high. JB is actually helping here by lowering the bar. Will the school be willing to pay the hot up and coming young coach coming off a career year? Will said coach choose SU over other stepping stone jobs. Yes stepping stone because other than the alumni coaches what coach is going to see SU as their destination job.
Why should the expectations be high? We're a middle of the road program over the last 5 years. We just got smacked silly in back to back games against unranked opponents.

Dixon??? DIXON???

has this board god damn lost it?

option A. Hop
Option B. Nate Oates
Option C. Red/National search

I admire your certainty.
I haven't seen much spine from Wildhack so far.
JB seems to be calling his own shots.
I am about 80% certain that either Autry or McNamara is going to get handed the job by JB, as a result of the long-standing knowledge that "JB Don't Do Good-Bye Tours". This will likely be a Calhoun-to-Ollie kind of hand off around Labor Day in a few years to make sure his guy gets his shot.
JB is super loyal. He will put one of our current assistants in the job.
That will be very bad for the program. None of those guys is Hop. None of them have the personality, coaching chops or recruiting skill.

JB will not dictate who the next coach is.

I agree about one thing -- he's holding the program hostage at this point. Wildhack has tolerated it, because of Boeheim's legendary status, which is a mistake IMO [the results play themselves out on the court].

But the new coach is not on the bench, and we're not going to be restricted to alumni status. There will be a national search, and very likley new blood -- which is exactly what the program needs, an infusion of new ideas.

Dixon is awful and I cant believe someone suggested him. My dislike for him is far greater then Hurley or anyone else. I cant even look at him when hes coaching and not think to myself how badly I'd like to smack him across his ugly mug! Hes the worst!

JBs gonna pull the same power play Dean Smith and Jim Calhoun pulled and get one of his guys as HC and I don’t know what JW does to circumvent that.

Dumb question. Shows lack of awarenesses. That's what we have now.

I was referring to our 2 probations when asking if that wasn't enough without hiring Pearl. You sure talk a lot without knowing what you're talking about. I would think it would get tiresome.

JBs gonna pull the same power play Dean Smith and Jim Calhoun pulled and get one of his guys as HC and I don’t know what JW does to circumvent that.

Hopefully it’s this year at least to get it over with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom