Micron - Let’s try this again | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Micron - Let’s try this again

They love their hit pieces. They are no longer a news source. Sadly, they make their money off garbage opinions and click bait headlines.
It’s the same at almost every news outlet. There are still a dwindling few that try to stay close to the facts, but you have to shop around.

Sorry, why was the environmental impact not public before the groundbreaking? Or, was it?

They love their hit pieces. They are no longer a news source. Sadly, they make their money off garbage opinions and click bait headlines.

In fairness that's modern media everywhere today

I had a project stopped because among other reasons, someone discovered an endangered “dwarf wedge mussel” down stream of the site and they feared our waste water would cause a problem for the mussels. The proposed solution was to buy the land across the road (a horse and cattle farm) and install a leach field. Then someone got upset about losing the farm.

I had a project stopped because among other reasons, someone discovered an endangered “dwarf wedge mussel” down stream of the site and they feared our waste water would cause a problem for the mussels. The proposed solution was to buy the land across the road (a horse and cattle farm) and install a leach field. Then someone got upset about losing the farm.
You don't mess with dwarf wedge mussels ever! You all are savages!

Groundbreaking pushed back to 11/1/25 according to the morning news
Makes one wonder if it will ever happen or if they'll look for another location. <sigh>

Makes one wonder if it will ever happen or if they'll look for another location. <sigh>
Was waiting for this statement based upon the garbage I’ve seen on Facebook. They need to do an Environmental Impact Statement which would have to be done anywhere they choose because they are taking Federal money which was in the article.They’re also in the process of setting up offices downtown.

Was waiting for this statement based upon the garbage I’ve seen on Facebook. They need to do an Environmental Impact Statement which would have to be done anywhere they choose because they are taking Federal money which was in the article.They’re also in the process of setting up offices downtown.
Should have done this before the ribbon cutting & glad handing w the politicians

Should have done this before the ribbon cutting & glad handing w the politicians

Yea Right GIF

I thought establishing independent domestic semiconductor capacity was of crucial national security concert.

I guess not

Thank God it wasn't giant wedge mussels or you guys would have REALLY been screwed.

I don’t think people can handle or understand the scope of this project. The delay isn’t unique to Syracuse. Intel and TSMC have been slow rolling their projects in Arizona and Ohio as well.
I'm on year 7 for a flood reduction project from Superstorm Sandy (2012). 7 years ago was 2017...

Yeah these things take time.

A wind farm developer we work with had a NYS project delayed because the Indiana Brown Bat was roosting in trees on the development area. This developer had same issue on a project in West Virginia. They were told there to cut the trees down and the bats will find another roost.

I don’t think people can handle or understand the scope of this project. The delay isn’t unique to Syracuse. Intel and TSMC have been slow rolling their projects in Arizona and Ohio as well.

Wolfspeed built a 300mm Fab down the Thruway in Utica...sure somewhat smaller scale but huge facility and a Fab is a Fab

Sure it was during a different "climate" so to speak in terms of how people in charge think, do and operate (tight-rope walking here) but they seemed to get it done (and Silicon Carbide is important for EVs, but not as important as Memory like Micron).

Wolfspeed began construction on its Marcy, New York facility in 2019 and opened it in April 2022

Wolfspeed built a 300mm Fab down the Thruway in Utica...sure somewhat smaller scale but huge facility and a Fab is a Fab

Sure it was during a different "climate" so to speak in terms of how people in charge think, do and operate (tight-rope walking here) but they seemed to get it done (and Silicon Carbide is important for EVs, but not as important as Memory like Micron).

Wolfspeed began construction on its Marcy, New York facility in 2019 and opened it in April 2022
They didn’t receive federal money.And you called it yourself. It is actually way smaller scale.

Last edited: